Author Topic: Periodisation????  (Read 1433 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Periodisation????
« on: December 23, 2005, 06:40:22 AM »
This is something i like the idea of,trying slightly different workouts for certain time slots over a year.
I was going to start this at the beginning of this year,bu injury prevented it.

I am thinking os atarting it fresh in 2006.
I am thinking 3 to 4 weeks of current bodybuilding routine/split.
3 weeks power lifting based routine ( i have posted that routine on powerlifting/strongman section of this site)
3 weeks of full body heavy breathing style workout
Then week off,then rinse and repeat lol.

What u think????

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Periodisation????
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 03:33:35 AM »
        If you are going to switch from bodybuilding style split to a powerlifting routine, I would do more than 3 week intervals. My guess would be you would like to get stronger, so when you return to your old routine, you will be able to use more weight, even at higher reps. I would do your powerlifting phase for at least 6 weeks, maybe 8, to try to make some significant strength gains.

If you were going to do peroid training with # of reps..say 6 and under
                                                                                                     7 to 9
                                                                                                   10 to 12 or higher      then I would say 3 weeks would be a

good period for each. But I don't think 3 weeks of powerlifting every 10 to eleven weeks is long enough to make much gains in strength. If you are doing this just to change it up and keep from getting stale, them I guess your proposed periodization is ok.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Periodisation????
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 09:53:05 AM »
My periodization program..for quite a number of years now:

1) Power rack work..including heavy partials..2X3, 3X3/s, etc...many pin settings
2) GVT (10X10's) using same medium weight throughout the ten sets
3) General BB.. 12-20 reps...30-45 seconds between sets...60-90 seconds between exercises. I do not use light weights and do 1 or 2 sets an exercise.

Each program 6-8 weeks, even if I'm still making progress after 8 weeks I change programs. Usually one week break between cycles. Three to four weeks is too short a time to give true effort to any program. Good Luck.