Author Topic: Christian Bale reportedly offered 50 million to return as Batman for 20 minutes.  (Read 6944 times)

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
According to this Johnny Depp holds a record, $53 mill

http://www.zergnet.com/news/27528/the-highest-paid-actor-for-a-single-movie

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Thats why you have to control everything like Mel Gibson. He made hundreds of millions off of Passion of the Christ.  :o

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Thats why you have to control everything like Mel Gibson. He made hundreds of millions off of Passion of the Christ.  :o

Pity about him finding that russian woman and spending/wasting so much money on that ordeal, he wasted alot of energy and braincells as well

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
it comes down to this, for bale...

His desire for "art" >  $50mil + what the fans want.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V

Well, he can afford to act that way, he's set for life

It's all a matter of wanting to spend a certain time playing Batman or using that time to do something more (in his mind) more intriguing.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.

It should be about the fans.

ukjeff

$50 million for turning and saying some lines without laughing.
Its a hard life being an actor.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
20 minutes of screen time... how many days on the set of actual 'acting" would that be? 

I've only seen a little of the batman movies... it's pretty stiff/constipated acting, right?  Not exactly Bale in tears, tough and convincing acting.  Just reading plain dialogue and acting all stoic?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
20 minutes of screen time... how many days on the set of actual 'acting" would that be? 

I've only seen a little of the batman movies... it's pretty stiff/constipated acting, right?  Not exactly Bale in tears, tough and convincing acting.  Just reading plain dialogue and acting all stoic?

Maybe he feels that it is "beneath" him... :D

and that 50 mill isn't good enough for him!

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
not sure, has bale been offered tons of plum roles that he had to turn down to do the previous or future batman movies or upcoming assemble movies (i.e superman and batman,justice league, etcetera)..

i can see if he didn't want to be typecast forever as batman, but if he has no incredible roles being offered to him or that will be offered to him why not take the money and run?

i remember reading don't know if this true that megan fox turned down the role of Wonder Woman because she didn't want to be typecast! laugh! yeah, because she is up for all those meryl streep great acting needed or starring roles that go to julia roberts movies! laugh! if this is true, talk about a delusional woman! your looks and bod are the ONLY THING you have going for you Megan NEWSFLASH! and even for that you should be grateful since god knows in lala land hollywood/southern california a drop dead gorgeous looking woman with a incredible body is as common as grass being green!

i think nicholson was the 1st actor to get the whole back end salary off the movie profits idea.. i know the actor who has seemingly got this down to a science and has made bukoo bucks is tom cruise. i thought i read for the latest mission impossible he made 75 million plus?! cruise hasn't taken a "upfront salary only" in years. preferring to make a salary based on the film profits, he's still the biggest movie star WORLDWIDE thus he makes upwards of 30,40 million for each movie.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Sean Connery was previously considered to play "Gandalf" in Lord of the Ring series......he turned it down.....I'm sure Connery regretted turning this role down up to this day......they were offering him a 15% of the entire series Gross which would have come up to a salary around $400million....OUCH!!!!...... ;D...

Connery stated in interviews that he was offered a role in The Lord of the Rings series, declining it due to "not understanding the script." CNN reported that the actor was offered up to 15% of the worldwide box office receipts to play Gandalf, which had he accepted, could have earned him as much as $400 million for the trilogy

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Don't believe everything you read, or at least in Hollywood, learn to read between the lines.  Bale balking at the deal means they haven't offered him enough money yet, meaning there isn't a solid in writing or verbal offer on the table that fits him.  Publicly letting this out, which was obviously intentional, can give him leverage in making a better deal, it can also backfire, but in this case with such an established individual, it would be a huge gamble to go with anyone except Bale, and he knows that.  The studio put out they were also considering Orlando Bloom for the Batman vs. Superman movie, which was probably a counter to Bale's statement.

It's all bullshit, that's all you need to know.  Bale will accept the role once the studio ponies up enough bones.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
The Bale Batman won't work in this new world of Superman IMHO.  The Bale Batman was very smart, but not a genius....you need to think Tony Stark level of intelligence (well, close to that) for the new Batman.  This Batman needs something the Bale Batman lacked.....a ton of big time gadgets.  If Batman is going to put Superman on his back (even once) he'll need more than batarangs and hydraulic cable shooters.  Think lasers and missles from satellites, weaponized drones, chemical weapons, etc....The Bale Batman ended his series with very little cash, a badly busted wheel, a busted up back and no desire to continue on as Batman.  Batman gotta have BIG TIME funds like Tony Stark has to fund Iron Man.....Batman can't be millionaire, Batman gotta be an enormous multi-billionaire....Bale Batman wasn't that when the series ended.  Plus, there's no kryptonite in current Superman movie.  Not saying it won't surface, but so far this Superman can't be stopped.  Bale Batman almost got put down by far less than comic book style version of Bane.  Comic book was had far greater superhuman strength than Nolan's Bane.  What's Bale Batman gonna do against the MOS?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
Kryptonite will definately be introduced later on, be it Bale, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer or Danny DeVito playing Bats

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
Kryptonite will definately be introduced later on, be it Bale, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer or Danny DeVito playing Bats

I don't see how it can't be introduced honestly.  No Kryptonite and there's virtually nothing that can stop the MOS.  A red sun, ok fine...I'll concede that.  That said, a Bale Batman would need kryptonite and the ability to create red sunlight or filter the sunlight heading to earth turning it into red sunlight so at the very least Superman is powered waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.  That ain't gonna happen, so we needs some kryptonite that Batman can carry around like he does in the books.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
The Bale Batman won't work in this new world of Superman IMHO.  The Bale Batman was very smart, but not a genius....you need to think Tony Stark level of intelligence (well, close to that) for the new Batman.  This Batman needs something the Bale Batman lacked.....a ton of big time gadgets.  If Batman is going to put Superman on his back (even once) he'll need more than batarangs and hydraulic cable shooters.  Think lasers and missles from satellites, weaponized drones, chemical weapons, etc....The Bale Batman ended his series with very little cash, a badly busted wheel, a busted up back and no desire to continue on as Batman.  Batman gotta have BIG TIME funds like Tony Stark has to fund Iron Man.....Batman can't be millionaire, Batman gotta be an enormous multi-billionaire....Bale Batman wasn't that when the series ended.  Plus, there's no kryptonite in current Superman movie.  Not saying it won't surface, but so far this Superman can't be stopped.  Bale Batman almost got put down by far less than comic book style version of Bane.  Comic book was had far greater superhuman strength than Nolan's Bane.  What's Bale Batman gonna do against the MOS?

Kryptonite wasn't introduced because they are saving that for Lex Luther.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
Who is the best Lex Luthor though?

Mark Strong?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
Kryptonite wasn't introduced because they are saving that for Lex Luther.

I can see that being a definite possibility.  

Still, the new Batman has to have mega-powered weaponry......MEGA POWERED.   Stark's Iron Man suits....meh.  MOS would tear through those like they were construction paper.  No kryptonite present, then they have to invent something so powerful Batman can harness to put the MOS on his back.  Tumblers, Batcyles, Batwings....all cool, but won't do it.  

Batman needs something with the power of the Jericho missle the Tony Stark "let off the chain" in the first Iron Man movie to combat Superman.  Even then it will only slow him down a bit LOL.   Batman needs to harness nuclear power.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
Bale best batman eva. thread.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
it s a bit more complicated than that, being labeled as mr batman could really hurt potential next role oportunities so he could lose money in the long term. You guys have no clue.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Sean Connery was previously considered to play "Gandalf" in Lord of the Ring series......he turned it down.....I'm sure Connery regretted turning this role down up to this day......they were offering him a 15% of the entire series Gross which would have come up to a salary around $400million....OUCH!!!!...... ;D...

Connery stated in interviews that he was offered a role in The Lord of the Rings series, declining it due to "not understanding the script." CNN reported that the actor was offered up to 15% of the worldwide box office receipts to play Gandalf, which had he accepted, could have earned him as much as $400 million for the trilogy
and the role went to this old homo...what s his name?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
it s a bit more complicated than that, being labeled as mr batman could really hurt potential next role oportunities so he could lose money in the long term. You guys have no clue.

Like he isn't already labelled as Mr Batman lol

Accepting one or two more Batman-movies won't change a thing regarding his current status.

He will still be offered non-superhero roles after he's done with bats

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Like he isn't already labelled as Mr Batman lol

Accepting one or two more Batman-movies won't change a thing regarding his current status.

He will still be offered non-superhero roles after he's done with bats
Again casting and marketing are no jokes nowadays, it's a science.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Can some geek explain this premise.  So Batman and Superman aren't friends or part of the JL?  That the first time they cross paths they fight?  How is this a prequel to a potential JL movie?

hench

• Getbig V
apparantly there is no official word that this will be a "vs" film, it's the man of steel sequel and batman is making an appearance.
This should have waited until later imo, man of steel was mediocre and the new superman needs to find his footing in another outing or two before batman is introduced along side him.