Author Topic: UPS drops 15,000 spouses from healthcare due to ObamaCare  (Read 4102 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: UPS drops 15,000 spouses from healthcare due to ObamaCare
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 12:59:01 PM »
Oh I whole heatedly agree the healthcare system needs to be addressed however universal healthcare or Obamacare are not the way to help the problems

I think if you look at the best healthcare to GDP expenditure socialized medicine is the best method. I haven't seen better options for large groups of people. What improvements would you make?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »
The best option is private healthcare...why do I have to pay for somebody else? What right do people have to heathcare that they haven't planned for themselves? If you can't afford insurance that is not my issue.
L

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 01:22:52 PM »
The best option is private healthcare...why do I have to pay for somebody else? What right do people have to heathcare that they haven't planned for themselves? If you can't afford insurance that is not my issue.

I guess, but the fallout of this is that more people may be uninsured, being ill, I would expect that to increase costs in every other area.

This is the point you don't get. The socialized medical model has found that keeping people healthy improves everything about a country. You could actually pay less despite"paying for others" yet receive very similar care and see a more prosperous nation not rich as hell doctors. The payoff is greater.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 02:02:51 PM »
I guess, but the fallout of this is that more people may be uninsured, being ill, I would expect that to increase costs in every other area.

This is the point you don't get. The socialized medical model has found that keeping people healthy improves everything about a country. You could actually pay less despite"paying for others" yet receive very similar care and see a more prosperous nation not rich as hell doctors. The payoff is greater.

Doctors aren't rich as hell, but they should be when you consider all that goes into their profession.  I want an extremely well paid doctor treating me.

I do not want to see some mediocre doctor that's exhausted because he's been forced to treat every illegal immigrant, and hood rat in town.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 02:16:54 PM »
Doctors aren't rich as hell, but they should be when you consider all that goes into their profession.  I want an extremely well paid doctor treating me.

I do not want to see some mediocre doctor that's exhausted because he's been forced to treat every illegal immigrant, and hood rat in town.

Not sure what your getting at, no where did I imply doctor;s are currently rich as hell, nor did I say an illegal immigrant should be treated.

you have poor reading comprehension, explains why you posted the HDI which has nothing to do with anything I said earlier also.

You seem as though you like to hear yourself speak. Try listening or understanding what people are saying dildo.

I think having the worlds biggest economy increase your HDI a little, seeing as it's one of the three variables. The fact that you don't have the highest HDI is telling though, thanks for proving my point.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 02:29:51 PM »
Not sure what your getting at, no where did I imply doctor;s are currently rich as hell, nor did I say an illegal immigrant should be treated.

you have poor reading comprehension, explains why you posted the HDI which has nothing to do with anything I said earlier also.

You seem as though you like to hear yourself speak. Try listening or understanding what people are saying dildo.

I think having the worlds biggest economy increase your HDI a little, seeing as it's one of the three variables. The fact that you don't have the highest HDI is telling though, thanks for proving my point.

Life expectancy is a criteria of HDI.

Quit melting down already... lol

All you've done throughout this thread is spout your baseless personal opinions, which are complete garbage.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 05:03:43 PM »
I think if you look at the best healthcare to GDP expenditure socialized medicine is the best method. I haven't seen better options for large groups of people. What improvements would you make?
why not strive for the best healthcare and not the best healthcare given certain constraints?

I like the no pre-existing conditions clause but you do realize that will raise the cost to insure, correct?

Letting insurance companies compete across state lines, I dont mind letting kids stay on their parents insurance until whenever as long as the insurance companies are allowed to raise their rates in those instances.

The biggest thing that will help and exactly what obamacare is preventing is creating full time private sector jobs here in the US. The more full time jobs the more healthcare is available to those working.

The way to get more full time jobs? less taxes, smaller government, less restrictive industry regulations/business regulations etc.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 05:32:25 PM »

I do get it...look where its worked the best...very small countries with homogeneous populations. It cant be duplicated here. As much as I don't want to pay for these people..they don't want to do anything to prevent disease.
L

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 05:57:10 PM »
The way to get more full time jobs? less taxes, smaller government, less restrictive industry regulations/business regulations etc.

This^^^^^^^^^^^

Government regulation ALWAYS drives prices up, this is an indisputable fact.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 06:35:59 PM »
why not strive for the best healthcare and not the best healthcare given certain constraints?

I like the no pre-existing conditions clause but you do realize that will raise the cost to insure, correct?

Letting insurance companies compete across state lines, I dont mind letting kids stay on their parents insurance until whenever as long as the insurance companies are allowed to raise their rates in those instances.

The biggest thing that will help and exactly what obamacare is preventing is creating full time private sector jobs here in the US. The more full time jobs the more healthcare is available to those working.

Yea, the more I've been thinking about it, the more I think we need to just get the insurance companies out of it period.  A free market would drive prices down drastically and this middle man shit needs to come to an end.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2013, 07:10:28 AM »
Life expectancy is a criteria of HDI.

Quit melting down already... lol

All you've done throughout this thread is spout your baseless personal opinions, which are complete garbage.

Right it's one of them, the other two variables are just as important hence its a poor reflection of healthcare and you including it in this conversation makes you a retard.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2013, 09:02:16 AM »
what's rational about it?

US pays the most for healthcare by a fuckton and is average to below average at best.

Blaming the cost of healthcare on the government is like a fat person blaming diabetes on their teeth.

what points has he made that make any fucking sense with the underpinning of average to below average life expectancy and disease rates in the face of massive spending. You spend twice as much per person for average outcomes at best, ya fucking great system.

So let's see, again spends the most twice over and isn't in the top ten in multiple categories, not even that, sometimes not in the top 25, cause for celebration indeed.

so your answer is to make the people that are overpaying pay even more into the system because we also want to service the people who can't afford the shitty healthcare that we already have?  OK got it.  seems like a slam dunk.  the problem with you libs is you don't understand that these additional costs need to be pulled out of somewhere.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2013, 09:04:30 AM »
what's rational about it?

US pays the most for healthcare by a fuckton and is average to below average at best.

Blaming the cost of healthcare on the government is like a fat person blaming diabetes on their teeth.

what points has he made that make any fucking sense with the underpinning of average to below average life expectancy and disease rates in the face of massive spending. You spend twice as much per person for average outcomes at best, ya fucking great system.

So let's see, again spends the most twice over and isn't in the top ten in multiple categories, not even that, sometimes not in the top 25, cause for celebration indeed.

your ignorance is rooted in the fact that you don't think it can get any worse.  it can.  it can get a lot worse.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »
http://news.investors.com/082313-668492-health-premiums-climbed-obama-promised-cut.htm

Premiums climbed 3,000 since 2009

Obama lied again, and again and again. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2013, 05:49:23 PM »
your ignorance is rooted in the fact that you don't think it can get any worse.  it can.  it can get a lot worse.

Ya that's a real logical position to take, sounds like me ::) I forgot about the worsening law of healthcare, that is, it can't ever get worse no matta wha.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2013, 06:03:40 PM »

You got that right.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2013, 08:25:58 AM »

I agree with you. I just don't see any small government suitable candidates. I also don't think less regulations is good, that can have serious economic (wall street) and environmental impacts.

I think it's harder to create something new then to improve upon something that works. I think the latter method is the best bet for sustainable healthcare, with untested models you are taking a pretty big risk.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2013, 11:41:21 AM »
I agree with you. I just don't see any small government suitable candidates. I also don't think less regulations is good, that can have serious economic (wall street) and environmental impacts.

I think it's harder to create something new then to improve upon something that works. I think the latter method is the best bet for sustainable healthcare, with untested models you are taking a pretty big risk.
I dont think a rational person makes the statement that regulation is good or bad, it depends on the situation and any rational person can look at this government and see that it has severly over-regulated businesses raising the cost of operation. It has some of the highest corporate tax rates in the world, miles of red tape and bearaucracy, a government that puts public agenda ahead of economic stability.

and these same retards are the ones looking around asking each other why the economy isnt getting better faster and why businesses keep moving jobs overseas.

youre falling into the same trap the liberals here in the US did bro, acting simply for the sake of saying you did something...IS FUCKING HORRIBLE, it gives you shit stains like this obamacare, Iraq etc....

PS there were plenty of politicians who were warning about the impending housing crisis...including former president bush, they guy you probably hold up as the poster boy for everything wrong...

while obama was pushing for more federal spending, bush was warning about the housing crisis...how does that sit with you?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2013, 11:55:10 AM »
It might suprise you who was arguing for regulation of fannie and freddie and who was arguing against it...

not all regulation is bad just like not all regulation is good.

whats bad is when you let public agenda push regulation, LIKE IN THE CASE OF OBAMACARE!!!!!