Author Topic: New England Patriots  (Read 10516 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: New England Patriots
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 05:46:06 AM »
Tebow..throws game winning TD, second of the game against the NY Giants 8)

Last pre season game against scrubs who a lot wont make the team.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 07:00:44 AM »
Tebow is definitely going to get cut from all observation but I like the guy.  He may not have the talent of other quarterbacks but he's got a lot of fucking heart and he trains like a madman.....he's the most scariest quarterbacks around...takes a lot of people just to take him down and his rushing game is dangerous
A

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 07:09:07 AM »
am i missing something?  the patriots only have 3 QBs as of today.  How the fuck is he going to get cut?

12   Tom Brady   6-4   225   35   14   Michigan
15   Ryan Mallett   6-6   245   24   3   Arkansas
5   Tim Tebow   6-3   236   25   4   Florida

If Mallett can't go, they'd bring in a #2 and move him to IR.  

I checked out a bit of the game.  They are running packages designed for him.  

Remember he held a clip board all last season, so he is really one year removed from football, no different than a boxer taking 18 mths off from the ring. .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 07:12:24 AM »
Pats have always carried only two QBs.

I watched his highlights again... he had two guys flashing down the sidelines for sure TDs and one in the center... he overthrew his own guy twice and threw an INT on the other.

And he was VERY easy for defenders to bring down.  He missed simple reads for fast passes that 90% of other backup QBs in the league would have made.

yes, he's a leader, yes his work ethic, yes yes, he's a good man... but if you stack up his plays from last night, he was getting sacked and missing open guys against scrubs.  You try that against a REAL secondary and it's 4 INT and 10 sacks per game.  Seriously. 

Pundits are split on if he'll be cut or not.  He's NOT the 53rd best player on the team... I mean, 25 players are going home today - he's not better than all of them.  But he's a great name that sells jerseys, so maybe they keep him.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 07:21:38 AM »
Pats have always carried only two QBs.

I watched his highlights again... he had two guys flashing down the sidelines for sure TDs and one in the center... he overthrew his own guy twice and threw an INT on the other.

And he was VERY easy for defenders to bring down.  He missed simple reads for fast passes that 90% of other backup QBs in the league would have made.

yes, he's a leader, yes his work ethic, yes yes, he's a good man... but if you stack up his plays from last night, he was getting sacked and missing open guys against scrubs.  You try that against a REAL secondary and it's 4 INT and 10 sacks per game.  Seriously.  

Pundits are split on if he'll be cut or not.  He's NOT the 53rd best player on the team... I mean, 25 players are going home today - he's not better than all of them.  But he's a great name that sells jerseys, so maybe they keep him.

who is their 3rd if brady goes down?  no way they bring in a guy off the street in the middle of the season.  please show me previous rosters which shows they only carry two. was aaron hernandez the 3rd string?

this is insane...

Quarterbacks
12 Tom Brady
15 Ryan Mallett

Running Backs

38 Brandon Bolden
22 Stevan Ridley
34 Shane Vereen
39 Danny Woodhead
Wide Receivers

16 Kamar Aiken
84 Deion Branch
85 Brandon Lloyd
18 Matthew Slater KR
83 Wes Welker PR
Tight Ends

86 Daniel Fells
87 Rob Gronkowski
81 Aaron Hernandez
47 Michael Hoomanawanu

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 07:24:04 AM »
who is their 3rd if brady goes down?  no way they bring in a guy off the street in the middle of the season.  please show me previous rosters which show they only carry two. was aaron hernandez the 3rd string?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4728815/2-qbs-risky-but-not-out-of-norm

Refs love Brady so much, he won't go down.  Sneeze near him and it's 15 yards.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 09:05:52 AM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4728815/2-qbs-risky-but-not-out-of-norm

Refs love Brady so much, he won't go down.  Sneeze near him and it's 15 yards.

Actually that would be Peyton

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2013, 10:02:40 AM »
see, the thing about tebow is this... he is an amazing story - right place, right time.  Same way "Lin-Sanity" hit the NY Knicks last year... he was a college star that had a really amazing streak until the league got tape on him and learned to defend.  Since patriots discovered how to beat him, well, now everyone konws.  FORCE him to throw.  Yes, he WILL get some amazing passes that find the guy - but he will also throw a pass that misses an open receiver in the end zone by 5 yards.  

And evrey coach, every GM in the league would RATHER have an average QB that will make that 5 yard pass - than a star that squeaks out a win in 13-10 games.  

He's just not a QB.   He just cannot throw consistently.  He's a winner, a role model, a really good guy... but he's not an NFL QB.  He'll have magic moment like this today, but he'll never have a job as a QB cause he's not consistent.

Is that you Skip Bayless?  :D :D
D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 10:10:55 AM »
Is that you Skip Bayless?  :D :D

Well, people often hear "Tebow isn't good enough to be an NFL QB" and their instant response is to defend him because he's a good guy, he's a hard worker, great leader, intense attitude, model citizien, etc.

It's got nothing to do with that.  Those are great traits.  He just misses open receivers, cannot make decisions fast enough, and is no longer an effective runner with the ball.  Defenses collapse on him and he retreats 15 yards and just hopes for the best.  He's VERY marketable - if he could play, teams would be fighting for him.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2013, 10:24:15 AM »
If I would have said he was oiled up in a thong, I would get a response.

you "oiled up in a thong" as much as anybody

E
E

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2013, 10:35:53 AM »

E

Mr levrone

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2013, 10:44:23 AM »
Well, people often hear "Tebow isn't good enough to be an NFL QB" and their instant response is to defend him because he's a good guy, he's a hard worker, great leader, intense attitude, model citizien, etc.

It's got nothing to do with that.  Those are great traits.  He just misses open receivers, cannot make decisions fast enough, and is no longer an effective runner with the ball.  Defenses collapse on him and he retreats 15 yards and just hopes for the best.  He's VERY marketable - if he could play, teams would be fighting for him.

He just ain't an NFL Quarterback! Line him up as a Fullback/ Tight-End!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2013, 01:03:34 PM »

E

I think one time in the last 19 years hardly qualifies "as much as anybody" ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2013, 01:05:26 PM »
He just ain't an NFL Quarterback! Line him up as a Fullback/ Tight-End!

He's too slow for that.  not tall enough to be that slow.  If he has 6'6" he could be a tight end.  he's not.  he's big enough, but just too slow.  and every time he gets dinged, he loses more speed.  he's sitll good for a trick play twice a game and to sell jerseys.  they need a smiling happy face to counter the hernandez thing, so i think he may stay on roster.  

IF they do cut him, i bet it is on the LATE friday news dump or right at deadline.  but I think he's safe. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2013, 01:09:30 PM »
What makes me laugh is how the football media constantly talks about THE measuring stick for a QB is winning.  He kicked ass in Denver and even won a playoff game, which Peyton didnt do, yet that same football media tears him apart constantly.   Whatever.  The guy appears to be too decent to hang out with the PCP smokers and rapists of the NFL anyway. 

He should just retire,write books, guest speak and roll in the cash without putting himself at risk for early onset dementia. 

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 01:54:21 PM »
He's too slow for that.  not tall enough to be that slow.  If he has 6'6" he could be a tight end.  he's not.  he's big enough, but just too slow.  and every time he gets dinged, he loses more speed.  he's sitll good for a trick play twice a game and to sell jerseys.  they need a smiling happy face to counter the hernandez thing, so i think he may stay on roster.  

IF they do cut him, i bet it is on the LATE friday news dump or right at deadline.  but I think he's safe. 
Robert Kraft loves Tebo! After the Hernandez debacle the orders are in to Belicheck to keep him on the roster!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 03:36:39 PM »
Robert Kraft loves Tebo! After the Hernandez debacle the orders are in to Belicheck to keep him on the roster!

More news coming out that Belicheck met with Hernandez at the NFL combine and people want to know why in the world Hernandez would have met at the combine...The theory is that Hernandez may have told Belicheck that people were out to kill him...The Krafts are saying that no one knew anything about Hernandez's troubles and that they were duped by him...But if Hernandez did meet with Belicheck at the combine, then not knowing anything is most likely not the truth. And Tebow might be staying around as a distraction to the story...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2013, 03:50:23 PM »
He kicked ass in Denver and even won a playoff game, which Peyton didnt do, yet that same football media tears him apart constantly.   Whatever.  The guy appears to be too decent to hang out with the PCP smokers and rapists of the NFL anyway. 

Correct.  He had a great defense that held opponents to 10 points a game, they got some amazing lucky kicks down, and he surprised the #&^*@ out of defenses who hadn't figured out how to deal wtih him.

And yes, they got a playoff win against the steelers who were really decimated with injuries for that one.

Then, they played the pats.  And what happened?  They held the line and DARED Tebow to pass.  SINCE THEN, tebow has had zero success

These coaches and GMs know the game better than we do.  If there was a CHANCE that Tebow would win 11 games a year and lead a team into the playoffs, his ass would have a job.  have you watched his play from last night?   He was WAY overwhelmed, and that was against 3rd string.  Looked like a shadow of who we saw in Denver that year.  crumbed fast on every pass and retreated 15 years to roll and pass big across the middle.  Missed two WIDE OPEN receivers - once he ever put up his hands in a 'touchdown' pose... only to put them back down when he realized his pass landed 5+ yards form the intended receiver. 

Tebow, like Lin-sanity, is a great story of how a uniquely qualified athlete can catch traditional defenses off guard and shine, and how the fire can catch on for a few.  But now that defenses will LET him pass, it's a field day for defensive backs.  Seriously, if he EVER starts a game in the NFL ,it will be 4 INT and he'll be sacked 7 or 8 times.  he crumbled last night oevr and over. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2013, 07:04:57 PM »

Correct.  He had a great defense that held opponents to 10 points a game, they got some amazing lucky kicks down, and he surprised the #&^*@ out of defenses who hadn't figured out how to deal wtih him.

And yes, they got a playoff win against the steelers who were really decimated with injuries for that one.

Then, they played the pats.  And what happened?  They held the line and DARED Tebow to pass.  SINCE THEN, tebow has had zero success

These coaches and GMs know the game better than we do.  If there was a CHANCE that Tebow would win 11 games a year and lead a team into the playoffs, his ass would have a job.  have you watched his play from last night?   He was WAY overwhelmed, and that was against 3rd string.  Looked like a shadow of who we saw in Denver that year.  crumbed fast on every pass and retreated 15 years to roll and pass big across the middle.  Missed two WIDE OPEN receivers - once he ever put up his hands in a 'touchdown' pose... only to put them back down when he realized his pass landed 5+ yards form the intended receiver. 

Tebow, like Lin-sanity, is a great story of how a uniquely qualified athlete can catch traditional defenses off guard and shine, and how the fire can catch on for a few.  But now that defenses will LET him pass, it's a field day for defensive backs.  Seriously, if he EVER starts a game in the NFL ,it will be 4 INT and he'll be sacked 7 or 8 times.  he crumbled last night oevr and over. 

I dont doubt that d coordinators have figured a lot out about him, but the point that hasnt done anything since the Pitts game isnt fair.  He hasnt had a chance.  Denver shipped him out, as they should have when they got Peyton.  And then he picked the worst team possible to go to.  With a weirdo coach when a tat of his QB on him.  Jeez.

And dont be so quick to assume all the gm's dont make mistakes.  But i think the main reason they dont want him on board in the media distractions involved.  

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2013, 08:03:01 AM »
Sources are saying that Tebow just got cut...Looks like his days in the NFL are over...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2013, 08:08:40 AM »
Sources are saying that Tebow just got cut...Looks like his days in the NFL are over...
a

they cut 10 but he is still on the 65 man roster.  kraft wants him on the team to offset the hernandez scandal.  tt isn't going anywhere.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2013, 08:12:20 AM »
a

they cut 10 but he is still on the 65 man roster.  kraft wants him on the team to offset the hernandez scandal.  tt isn't going anywhere.

No he's gone. It's already been reported bro...They also got rid of their punter Mesko. Who was a good punter. Tebow gone. It's all over the radio now...

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2013, 08:31:15 AM »

Branchs Ears

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2013, 08:32:12 AM »
a

they cut 10 but he is still on the 65 man roster.  kraft wants him on the team to offset the hernandez scandal.  tt isn't going anywhere.

He got cut idiot.  You're never right about anything.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2013, 08:55:36 AM »
I dont doubt that d coordinators have figured a lot out about him, but the point that hasnt done anything since the Pitts game isnt fair.  He hasnt had a chance.  Denver shipped him out, as they should have when they got Peyton.  And then he picked the worst team possible to go to.  With a weirdo coach when a tat of his QB on him.  Jeez.

And dont be so quick to assume all the gm's dont make mistakes.  But i think the main reason they dont want him on board in the media distractions involved. 

He sucked in practice for the jets.  WHen he did get in - he played in 10+ games I think?  He was entirely average when he got in there too.  They didn't start him at the end of the year because he just wasn't good enough.

See, for him to work, the ENTIRE offense has t be rewritten for him.  Not a good formula at the pro level.  it's just a matter of time until he gets flattened or injured - he pretty much gets pummeled on EVERY play.  Brady might get knocked on his ass 8 times a game.  Tebow is on his ass probably 10 times a QUARTER.   Do that for 16 games and he's slow and injured, no doubt.

There's no way that EVERY NFL team will pass on him.  Jax will add him as the 3rd string guy to get asses in the seats.