Author Topic: i thinking of switching to dumbels for all upper body work, what is the benefit  (Read 3959 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
of barbells?

dumbells seems better for symmetrical development and there is no need to ask a douchebag for a spot

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
today i did flat bench with 40kg dumbels about 12 reps in the first set, by the 4th set about 8 reps

it was embarrassing low weight to use but in future i can get up to 90kg like rc

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
of barbells?

dumbells seems better for symmetrical development and there is no need to ask a douchebag for a spot

I agree with you here.
~

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
of barbells?

Seems likenyou know what your doing by the look of your avi.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
if your not a powerlifter there is no need to use a BB for flat presses or inclines. yes, use Db.
sept 10th APF

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
db's better range of motion and the balance factor gives more stimulation to the muscle. plus different arm angles can help you thru an injury as long as the weight can be controlled , just my 2 cents on the matter. ::) ::) ::)
F

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
can you use dumbels to replace barbell rows?

i dont mean one arm dumbel rows, i dont like them

what about double dumbel rows bent over?

thebrink

• Getbig V
can you use dumbels to replace barbell rows?

i dont mean one arm dumbel rows, i dont like them

what about double dumbel rows bent over?

ive made better progress with barbell personally but DBs are also good because of their versatility. key is go heavy but keep a FRM and stretch. pyramid 12 8 6 4 as heavy as possible.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
of barbells?

either will do the trick if you drop it on your face

good luck

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
db's better range of motion and the balance factor gives more stimulation to the muscle. plus different arm angles can help you thru an injury as long as the weight can be controlled , just my 2 cents on the matter. ::) ::) ::)

this.
sept 10th APF

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Easier on my shoulders using dbs for bench. Follows a more natural path than a barbell. I've also seen better pec development using dbs. But problems can arise if you go too heavy and use lower reps because of stability issues with that first rep. Keep reps above 8.
A

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
with barbel i barely feel anything in the pecs, with dumbel the pecs feel like they are doing all the work

so i guess the choice is obvious

to bad because barbell press looks cool but in the end you cant takee your barbel bench to the club, your physique is what makes you stand out from the chumps and gets you the whores, not your fucking bench press numbers

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The older I get the more I move away from barbell work. Dumbbells allows your joints to move in a more natural path.  Try dumbbell flat benching sometime with your hands facing each other. It really takes the pain away from the shoulder joint.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
the only thing barbel seems more suited for is narrow grip bench for triceps

or do you fellas do that with dumbbells as well? (double karate fist grip)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
i trained chest and tris today and it was all machine work

1. pec-dec
2. hammer incline
3. bent-over pressdown
4. v-bar pressdown