Author Topic: Official BREAKING BAD Thread  (Read 45105 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Official BREAKING BAD Thread
« Reply #425 on: October 08, 2013, 03:59:13 AM »
Now that I think of it...that scene where Jesse is driving away from the compound, wild-eyed and screaming....not only was he free from Todd and the Nazis but free from Walt as well....

Funny also how Todd was so obsessed with Lydia he had a ring tone on his phone with her name in the song title...thats how Walt knew to pick up the phone when the phone was ringing in Todd's pocket as he lay dead

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #426 on: October 08, 2013, 04:06:41 AM »
Can definately understand Todds obsession with that scottish wench

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #427 on: October 08, 2013, 05:25:48 AM »
Just watched the last episode.  My thoughts:

-- The hallucinatory scene where we see Jesse as a carpenter in and idyllic haze, before snapping roughly back to the utter despair of his meth dungeon is... amazing.

-- Jesse's wild-eyed look as he speeds off into the darkness, finally free is awesome, very subtle.

-- Even walt's little stroll through the lab at the very end was... very subdued, and I can't think of a better ending.

-- For people saying the 5th season was boring, I think you're off your rocker.  It had a little bit of everything.  The train caper was signature breaking-bad, showcasing a unique challenge and a solution as creative as any other in the series.  TONS of great dialogue!  If anything, it lacked a powerful villain.  Walt seemed unstoppable, and there were, if anything, just too many different challenges.  It felt a bit fragmented and weaker than, say, the non-stop tension of the first season, when walt and jesse were total amateurs, or the epic battle with Gus that spanned the fourth.

-- The irony of that last phone call to Skyler was fantastic.  I think Walt believed every word of what he said, nonetheless being aware his words would exonerate Skyler.

-- The TV interview with Grey Matter was a brilliant way to reign Walt back in.

-- Todd was an extraordinarily well-acted/written character.  The dude was just utterly devoid of common feelings.  He wasn't "evil", even.  He was just... different.

-- Lydia has a great ass.  Would love to fuck that nervous chattering right out of her.

And finally,

"I did it for myself.  I liked it.  I was good at it.  It made me feel alive."

The best lines in the series, by far.

This show was so great because it showed, in great detail, and in a very believable manner, Walt's transition from a timid, well-mannered but dissatisfied everyman into a real individual, someone who found the courage to shirk his morals and risk everything.  Some people might view the series as a cautionary tale, but I don't.  I don't think Walt had any regrets.

Good post, couldn't have said it better myself.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #428 on: October 08, 2013, 05:26:26 AM »

Looks a bit like Sophie Dee here.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #429 on: October 08, 2013, 06:29:24 PM »

Kwon, not to be a tool, but I've seen this several times. It's definitely. There is no "a." Sorry to correct you, but I thought you might like to know.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: October 08, 2013, 11:16:36 PM »
Most definately.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: October 08, 2013, 11:23:48 PM »
also, Walt's brutal "You stupid BITCH!" was one of the most satisfying moments of television i've lived to see

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: October 09, 2013, 03:23:47 AM »
also, Walt's brutal "You stupid BITCH!" was one of the most satisfying moments of television i've lived to see

that was great but what made me think this was going to be a special show is when way back in season one when he told his boss at the car wash "fuck you and fuck your eyebrows too"..then proceeded to grab his dick at the same time...I had NEVER seen anyone do that on aTV show before :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #433 on: October 09, 2013, 04:09:16 AM »
the show really demonstrates the destructive power of ego.  The inability to just 'take the win'.  The willingness of man to throw it all away because of thick-headedness.  The thin line between legal and illegal, right and wrong.

Hank ran an illegal operation to catch Walt.  It got him killed.  He could have just asked for $10 million and they all sat by the pool laughing.  He could have just accepted the fact that Walt would be dead in months, and he was smarter than the system.  He could have just told his superiors about it - and maybe Walt gets away with it.  Heck, he could have just accepted the promotion, and he'd be a fatcat in DC by now, running the DEA with a stellar career.  He threw it all away on Heisenberg.

Walt was the same way... ego/power... "I'm on the empire business".  He could have retired easily but kept wanting more.  That unwillingness to just let jesse go, well, it cost him everything.  He could have made 12 mil a year with Gus and just let it go.  All this "I want a bigger cut of profits" and "I have to run people over to save Jesse..."  He woudln't accept the way things are.  Ruined everything.  He lost that last year with his family, hiding out, when he should have been by the pool living on the $.

It was maybe one of the smartest shows I've ever seen. I can't think of many that were better at demonstrating the destructive power of human ego.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #434 on: October 09, 2013, 06:31:35 AM »
the show really demonstrates the destructive power of ego.  The inability to just 'take the win'.  The willingness of man to throw it all away because of thick-headedness.  The thin line between legal and illegal, right and wrong.

Hank ran an illegal operation to catch Walt.  It got him killed.  He could have just asked for $10 million and they all sat by the pool laughing.  He could have just accepted the fact that Walt would be dead in months, and he was smarter than the system.  He could have just told his superiors about it - and maybe Walt gets away with it.  Heck, he could have just accepted the promotion, and he'd be a fatcat in DC by now, running the DEA with a stellar career.  He threw it all away on Heisenberg.

Walt was the same way... ego/power... "I'm on the empire business".  He could have retired easily but kept wanting more.  That unwillingness to just let jesse go, well, it cost him everything.  He could have made 12 mil a year with Gus and just let it go.  All this "I want a bigger cut of profits" and "I have to run people over to save Jesse..."  He woudln't accept the way things are.  Ruined everything.  He lost that last year with his family, hiding out, when he should have been by the pool living on the $.

It was maybe one of the smartest shows I've ever seen. I can't think of many that were better at demonstrating the destructive power of human ego.
Absolutely, but then Breaking Bad would not have been Breaking Bad!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #435 on: October 09, 2013, 07:32:16 AM »

You missed the whole point.  It really never was about the money.  Walt made that evident when he was willing to give it all to Hank and when he killed Jack not caring where the $70 million was.  It was about Power, pure power.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #436 on: October 09, 2013, 10:37:35 AM »
Every time you watch BB you notice something you missed the first time. ;D ;D ;D

[/youtube]

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #437 on: October 09, 2013, 10:45:41 AM »
Funny how Walt was a catalyst to that whole plane crash yet no one other than Jesse knows about it.  Fucking classic.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #438 on: October 09, 2013, 10:52:27 AM »
You missed the whole point.  It really never was about the money.  Walt made that evident when he was willing to give it all to Hank and when he killed Jack not caring where the $70 million was.  It was about Power, pure power.
The money was about taking care of his family!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: October 09, 2013, 10:54:49 AM »
LOL!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #440 on: October 09, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »
The money was about taking care of his family!

That's the funny part.  It wasn't.  He only comes to admit it at the end that it was always about him.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #441 on: October 09, 2013, 06:31:56 PM »
That's the funny part.  It wasn't.  He only comes to admit it at the end that it was always about him.
In the beginning it was about the money for his family, then he got a taste of power. Anyone who experiences power, knows how good it feels.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #442 on: October 10, 2013, 09:02:36 AM »
Thank God this fucker didn't get his wish.  He would have ruined one of the best shows ever

Katzenberg Offered to Pay $75 million for Three Extra ‘Breaking Bad’ Episodes

CANNES — Jeffrey Katzenberg, the CEO of DreamWorks Animation, told an audience of TV execs at the Mipcom mart in Cannes that six weeks ago he offered to commission three extra episodes — totaling 180 minutes — of “Breaking Bad.” He offered to pay $25 million per episode, he said.

The episodes would continue from where the show ended.

“I had this crazy idea. I was nuts for the show. I had no idea where this season was going,” he said during the keynote session at Mipcom.

“The last series cost about $3.5 million an episode. So they would make more profit from these three shows than they made from five years of the entire series,” he said.

He explained that he had intended to show the extra content as six-minute segments over 30 days online.

“I said (to them), ‘I’m going to create the greatest pay-per-view television event for scripted programming anybody’s ever done,’ ” he explained.

He planned to charge viewers from around 50 cents to 99 cents per episode.

However, this was before Katzenberg knew where the “Breaking Bad” creative team were taking the storyline, which meant his idea was a non-starter.

Katzenberg told the anecdote to illustrate his belief in the commercial potential of short-form content online.

“I share the story with you only to tell you that I have the courage of my convictions in this. I just think that there is a whole new platform for (short form) entertainment … and the higher the quality of the stuff that fills it, the higher people will be paid for the work that they are doing there,” he said.

DreamWorks Animation bought YouTube entertainment network AwesomenessTV for $33 million at the end of April.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: October 10, 2013, 09:15:52 AM »
Now, do you know what I WOULD watch for 3 episodes?

If Walt, Todd, lydia, etc all returned as Zombies and battled rick & friends on the Walking Dead.   Zombie Walt could be just a little smarter than the other zombies, and encourage/lead the other zombies to attack in different ways.  That'd be badass.  Zombie Gus had enough of a brain stem remaining to also return for a few episodes.  

Breaking Dead.   Make it happen, Hollywood!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: October 10, 2013, 09:34:55 AM »
Now, do you know what I WOULD watch for 3 episodes?

If Walt, Todd, lydia, etc all returned as Zombies and battled rick & friends on the Walking Dead.   Zombie Walt could be just a little smarter than the other zombies, and encourage/lead the other zombies to attack in different ways.  That'd be badass.  Zombie Gus had enough of a brain stem remaining to also return for a few episodes.  

Breaking Dead.   Make it happen, Hollywood!

Add Walt JR and you can call it Walking Bad

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #445 on: October 10, 2013, 09:40:18 AM »

HAHAHAHA, Holy fuck at him all by himself on the freeway tilted to one side.  hahahaha

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #446 on: October 10, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »
He still made sure that the money would be left Walt Jr. through the Schwartz's!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: October 10, 2013, 09:57:15 AM »
i thought the dual red dots on them was one of the smartest moments of the entire series. 

Killing them might have been personally rewarding... but this was the unselfish move.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #448 on: October 10, 2013, 10:04:09 AM »
i thought the dual red dots on them was one of the smartest moments of the entire series. 

Killing them might have been personally rewarding... but this was the unselfish move.
Bottom line the most brilliantly written drama, or should I say television show ever!

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #449 on: October 10, 2013, 06:46:39 PM »
Bottom line the most brilliantly written drama, or should I say television show ever!
Agreed.