Author Topic: Marriage...oh brother  (Read 35670 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Marriage...oh brother
« Reply #300 on: August 26, 2014, 09:04:10 AM »
Agreed.

I'm happily married and have been for 15 years.

Not to the same woman though - that would be a fucking nightmare.

Hahaha
A

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: August 26, 2014, 09:06:20 AM »
yes because in the end it was her furniture ...................... so.....

;D

My last ex-wife and I were so agreeable that my divorce lawyer said we got along better then most happily married couples he knew at the signing, in his office.

Any douchebag can be an asshole when breaking up, BUT , it takes a real man  to stand his ground while treating her with dignity and respect.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #302 on: August 26, 2014, 09:07:52 AM »
I nominate this for the getbig.com hall of fame  ;D

Thanks, but I can't take credit for it.  Someone else came up with this a while back.    ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #303 on: August 26, 2014, 09:22:28 AM »
Children are work but they enrich your life.

Ask any marriage counselor and they'll tell you that children put a lot of strain on a marriage.  Marriage is difficult and it takes a lot of work to make it last as it is.  Children only make marriage more difficult, and it only gets worse as the children grow older, until the leave the house.

This isn't to discourage married couples from having children.  The soon to be married and the newly weds just need to be aware of this so it doesn't come as a shock when it happens, and they need to be prepared to work twice as hard on their marriage when the children come.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: August 26, 2014, 10:06:33 AM »
Ask any marriage counselor and they'll tell you that children put a lot of strain on a marriage.  Marriage is difficult and it takes a lot of work to make it last as it is.  Children only make marriage more difficult, and it only gets worse as the children grow older, until the leave the house.

This isn't to discourage married couples from having children.  The soon to be married and the newly weds just need to be aware of this so it doesn't come as a shock when it happens, and they need to be prepared to work twice as hard on their marriage when the children come.

Solid advice.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #305 on: August 26, 2014, 10:53:18 AM »
I will never get married without a serious prenupt.  In Texas you are just plain fucked no matter who is at fault if you don't have one.  A lot of my friends have lost their ass to women, similar to the stories in this thread.  It's a 50/50 deal, about half of my friends are happy in marriage and the others are miserable or divorced and broke.

The last 3 girls i had a serious relationship with went nuts when i mentioned a prenupt.  Go figure; I've worked hard my entire life and have a nice retirement waiting for me many years down the road.  I'm not losing all my assets over some bullshit legal bondage.

8)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »
I will never get married without a serious prenupt.  In Texas you are just plain fucked no matter who is at fault if you don't have one.  A lot of my friends have lost their ass to women, similar to the stories in this thread.  It's a 50/50 deal, about half of my friends are happy in marriage and the others are miserable or divorced and broke.

The last 3 girls i had a serious relationship with went nuts when i mentioned a prenupt.  Go figure; I've worked hard my entire life and have a nice retirement waiting for me many years down the road.  I'm not losing all my assets over some bullshit legal bondage.

8)

Good post and it's a  50/50 shot at having a good, decent, happy marriage.

BUT, I wouldn't marry a woman who didn't have a good career.
I want an equal PARTNER and I'm lucky enough to have that now.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #307 on: August 26, 2014, 11:29:19 AM »
"I don't think I ever wanted to be the man who loves children. But, from the moment they're born, that baby comes out and you act excited. You hand out cigars. But, you don't feel anything, especially if you had a difficult childhood. You want to love them, but you...don't. And the fact that you're faking that feeling makes you wonder if your own father had the same problem. Then one day they get older and you see them do something and you feel that feeling that you were pretending to have. It feels like your heart is going to explode." Don Draper - Mad Men

D-Cord

• Getbig II
  • ICD-10 code K62.2 sounds SO painful
« Reply #308 on: August 26, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »
Children are work but they enrich your life.

They should be cared for by an attentive mother, that's for sure.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2014, 01:45:53 PM »

what about the absence of children putting strain on a relationship? Is it romantic to think things will be better with the presence of child/ren?

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2014, 01:53:13 PM »
what about the absence of children putting strain on a relationship? Is it romantic to think things will be better with the presence of child/ren?

Only way people have kids should be (it's far from reality usualy): two people are together for 3-5 years, go through all the "stages" of boredom, excitement, passion, etc... and THEN, if one day they are sitting together on a sofa and thiking "hey...maybe it would be cool to see a little human being of ours running around and LOVE him, etc..", then they should have kids.

This scenario is very rare. Most people aren't conscious enough.. stuff just "happens" to them from a moment they are born. They die without a clue of how/why/what happened. On other hand.. that kind of dis-attachment from reality is a good way to stay "sane", as too much consciousness may reveal some ugly truths about life in general.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »
They should be cared for by an attentive mother, that's for sure.

I am curious why the mayor of a small town in Australia would be interested in a bodybuilding website.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZivWzZi-WZ_1yt1DuZUOzDYN2qiOTD5PtY-uXAC1R3z4Jym-JOh9R6SU3pOY_1fu9-P-PJdqg1_1rwVyUjOCywN4k0RO4DSk8Sr5IVhbDc_1glgjzxmHIlZRKSWGUtpGiw6IliDR-Emv-7lWac10_1aJVyQke_1-mvH0kKICngQ4WSMbZYsD5Tn3V0_1aEFnKivERkz017uNy2s1jD1O2DvrHiVh1fxNOf7hJNfUV5qHP6BRqwghM-OvzByKCCZeB9gW4ukC2UcVgosMzpT5cWeuDsOdSZEitVm-36VO8CxnKBF-WqN5A38HyVX2h7TLGU_1uSWnDol3y5WCB518KDbeBuF6Ub68ARAWPcQchZmyVYS1HfkDxoVB4632yWmtribbYuje9HEtV6skVuQukq58fvqWFhXOeytsTSuuHXjhbjgK58NPnlSbM_1uAyGIAK9mraClnf19AD_1L8T5EavLmDMZ9ek91FcuCMzzCLN25CBLWX_1jhyZ4iLH-ek2nQjEkFtRw1YZ_12DE_1JZi0ejma9qjrrWIwvy_1O1cL05dvt_1uWA9eXNDlxR26N-dzTmEee1C_1A5xaeT6iA4GhzMmScW1WmAH8O_1OYxri1qU03adg3fTRm4j6DRvJpiq6jBPJNGPNEaRt_1HHLuVTjahiML-UsbIwQ9g-j7RYHdzjWtVbrNlEhDPsT71ivXYYaAotp0p0l9AO1NIPk16zpjaLS8nOdDKFX29174aj164Ds0pcVyYjG3Fj6VpzhUWbBvt9CyYzBLRdUIkmkYO5byJUsGm6S6R5Q6S9gHbyIESpbSCT7XjQlASLNd4SWXahbNauEpTBJTgEqhnMOUhZe3saCSy3kOq-dUlmgRhdQbjWHY0jTZ95aRZxYB0A1tPuzZ64OXj-tk7sWTAi1NPRb5SxiylJzudKriRb1Pu3moSZh4mUHJM48Jr-EQDg7PzqNX05oTeNmwWcd-YZ-M_1bsoUFxbDKKaol3LjteoOjT_1Ntya2jsDQV9Wecj15vwSuDTdROtHUgEZDGdHrlcRSxsmHW_1ZJwU5Wlk0VyViRbwBa2IR_1tQ8VGWPxd79tKTbhnynXtv2So9P52nc3w1Qs6TNs-cpaikxQGWLjwC3pFhh3m5X9XIrca5JiptU8jpouJfBBkYAcYzaPnlLagJb2WnZCO3g3EuOU2_16O8O9pzziCFHxsEw9KzJDJIzFo8MyvuXeQR1FdXOV3_15eQjHuAN3NddKO5YMXF94BalE9ehMpJg

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2014, 01:57:37 PM »
Only way people have kids should be (it's far from reality usualy): two people are together for 3-5 years, go through all the "stages" of boredom, excitement, passion, etc... and THEN, if one day they are sitting together on a sofa and thiking "hey...maybe it would be cool to see a little human being of ours running around and LOVE him, etc..", then they should have kids.

This scenario is very rare. Most people aren't conscious enough.. stuff just "happens" to them from a moment they are born. They die without a clue of how/why/what happened. On other hand.. that kind of dis-attachment from reality is a good way to stay "sane", as too much consciousness may reveal some ugly truths about life in general.

well said.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2014, 02:02:14 PM »
I notice a lot of couples break up right after their kid is born. A lot are also no longer together by the time they reach 18. Why waste all that time, money, effort and sacrifice when you know it's not going to last.

D-Cord

• Getbig II
« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2014, 02:05:01 PM »
I am curious why the mayor of a small town in Australia would be interested in a bodybuilding website.

It is a national obsession down here.

Why are you interested in bodybuilding?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2014, 02:07:46 PM »
It is a national obsession down here.

Why are you interested in bodybuilding?

It appeals to my niche mental retardation.

It's quite something for someone of your political stature to use your real name and boldly reference the medical designation for an anal prolapse in your profile.

D-Cord

• Getbig II
« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2014, 02:11:09 PM »
It appeals to my niche mental retardation.

It's quite something for someone of your political stature to use your real name and boldly reference the medical designation for an anal prolapse in your profile.

Quite something indeed.

Like you said, it's a very small town.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2014, 02:44:24 PM »
well who would, maybe hercules?

My pipes are 20 but I dont get as many shags as you.

BigRo (aka Wabba Mr. Universe '14) you should:

-relocate to Belgium
-live in shit social housing
-be unemployed
-eat cheap food
-drive 20 yo shit car
-buy thai penis pump
-drink cheap polish vodka
-get exploited by kongo whore for EC residency
-pose with someone white kid
-buy garage made turkish dope
-attend afros social gathering's
-wear 5 euros t-shirt only
-bonk "fine" black street walkers for € 30 in Brussels
-stay away from Chelsea type poshy chicks

& all sweet 18yo will be yours

;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2014, 02:49:39 PM »
I notice a lot of couples break up right after their kid is born. A lot are also no longer together by the time they reach 18. Why waste all that time, money, effort and sacrifice when you know it's not going to last.
Because society feels the NEED to believe in the MYTH of the happy family.
Many men and woman feel they will have the fantasy.
But reality hits and they end up more like the Grizwald's  then the Walton's.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: August 26, 2014, 03:22:38 PM »

Our son was born two years after we married. He was a happy surprise. We waited eight and a half years before our daughter was born. She was a welcomed gift. We've never regretted having either of our children, even when they were teenagers. As married adults, they enrich our lives almost daily.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #320 on: August 26, 2014, 03:32:29 PM »
BigRo (aka Wabba Mr. Universe '14) you should:

-relocate to Belgium
-live in shit social housing
-be unemployed
-eat cheap food
-drive 20 yo shit car
-buy thai penis pump
-drink cheap polish vodka
-get exploited by kongo whore for EC residency
-pose with someone white kid
-buy garage made turkish dope
-attend afros social gathering's
-wear 5 euros t-shirt only
-bonk "fine" black street walkers for € 30 in Brussels
-stay away from Chelsea type poshy chicks

& all sweet 18yo will be yours

;D

lmao

cant stop laughing

you are too funny foreal  ;D ;D

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2014, 03:48:48 PM »
My last ex-wife and I were so agreeable that my divorce lawyer said we got along better then most happily married couples he knew at the signing, in his office.

Any douchebag can be an asshole when breaking up, BUT , it takes a real man  to stand his ground while treating her with dignity and respect.

However when there's a lot of money involved that in itself can turn it into a war. As I've mentioned before on this forum it's not easy to fork over seven figures no matter how good your marriage was (and mine was).  If your marriage is considered long term and you earned all the assets while married it's tough road. My ex dragged it out so I could keep trading (to make her golden parashute even larger) and believe me the courts are backed up!

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: August 26, 2014, 04:06:24 PM »

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZivWzZi-WZ_1yt1DuZUOzDYN2qiOTD5PtY-uXAC1R3z4Jym-JOh9R6SU3pOY_1fu9-P-PJdqg1_1rwVyUjOCywN4k0RO4DSk8Sr5IVhbDc_1glgjzxmHIlZRKSWGUtpGiw6IliDR-Emv-7lWac10_1aJVyQke_1-mvH0kKICngQ4WSMbZYsD5Tn3V0_1aEFnKivERkz017uNy2s1jD1O2DvrHiVh1fxNOf7hJNfUV5qHP6BRqwghM-OvzByKCCZeB9gW4ukC2UcVgosMzpT5cWeuDsOdSZEitVm-36VO8CxnKBF-WqN5A38HyVX2h7TLGU_1uSWnDol3y5WCB518KDbeBuF6Ub68ARAWPcQchZmyVYS1HfkDxoVB4632yWmtribbYuje9HEtV6skVuQukq58fvqWFhXOeytsTSuuHXjhbjgK58NPnlSbM_1uAyGIAK9mraClnf19AD_1L8T5EavLmDMZ9ek91FcuCMzzCLN25CBLWX_1jhyZ4iLH-ek2nQjEkFtRw1YZ_12DE_1JZi0ejma9qjrrWIwvy_1O1cL05dvt_1uWA9eXNDlxR26N-dzTmEee1C_1A5xaeT6iA4GhzMmScW1WmAH8O_1OYxri1qU03adg3fTRm4j6DRvJpiq6jBPJNGPNEaRt_1HHLuVTjahiML-UsbIwQ9g-j7RYHdzjWtVbrNlEhDPsT71ivXYYaAotp0p0l9AO1NIPk16zpjaLS8nOdDKFX29174aj164Ds0pcVyYjG3Fj6VpzhUWbBvt9CyYzBLRdUIkmkYO5byJUsGm6S6R5Q6S9gHbyIESpbSCT7XjQlASLNd4SWXahbNauEpTBJTgEqhnMOUhZe3saCSy3kOq-dUlmgRhdQbjWHY0jTZ95aRZxYB0A1tPuzZ64OXj-tk7sWTAi1NPRb5SxiylJzudKriRb1Pu3moSZh4mUHJM48Jr-EQDg7PzqNX05oTeNmwWcd-YZ-M_1bsoUFxbDKKaol3LjteoOjT_1Ntya2jsDQV9Wecj15vwSuDTdROtHUgEZDGdHrlcRSxsmHW_1ZJwU5Wlk0VyViRbwBa2IR_1tQ8VGWPxd79tKTbhnynXtv2So9P52nc3w1Qs6TNs-cpaikxQGWLjwC3pFhh3m5X9XIrca5JiptU8jpouJfBBkYAcYzaPnlLagJb2WnZCO3g3EuOU2_16O8O9pzziCFHxsEw9KzJDJIzFo8MyvuXeQR1FdXOV3_15eQjHuAN3NddKO5YMXF94BalE9ehMpJg
Its my stalker Chadwick the Beta. He is allowed to make a new gimmick to follow me around with. I sent OMR the proof and nothing was done.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2014, 04:36:06 PM »
Booty can appreciate the corn we so dearly love on Getbig

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2014, 04:45:58 PM »
Our son was born two years after we married. He was a happy surprise. We waited eight and a half years before our daughter was born. She was a welcomed gift. We've never regretted having either of our children, even when they were teenagers. As married adults, they enrich our lives almost daily.

Obviously you two were meant to be parents.