Author Topic: Halal Chicken with white sauce vs. Tikka Masala  (Read 7596 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Halal Chicken with white sauce vs. Tikka Masala
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 02:30:59 PM »
Halal meats are simply acceptable meats Muslims are allowed to eat according to Islamic standards.  

The animals have been slaughtered by Muslims in a specific manner according to their faith (don't ask me how....I have no idea).  

I do wonder if the halal chicken was brined in a kosher salt mixture though?

If my great grandmother (Christian) took the same chicken the Muslim was about to slaughter and rung it's neck, cut off it's head and handed it to the same chef it would taste the same in the dish.

The majority of non-Muslims or Muslims convert/reverts that have eaten halal and regular meats say there's no difference in taste.  

I guess if someone has a truly discerning palate they might taste a difference LOL.   ::)

kevinf

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 02:33:18 PM »
This has to be the toughest choice to make in history.

My post workout Halal Chicken with White Sauce cannot be put into words.  Anyone ever go to 53rd and 6th in New York for Halal?

hell ye that stuff is awesome. i live right around the corner, i get it all the time..i usually get the lamb and chicken mix..how do you feel about the lamb?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 02:39:28 PM »
That little hole in the wall is still open?

That place would be lucky to house 10 people at a time.

"1"
Not unlike your anus.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 02:41:49 PM »

dustin

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »
My Saudi Muslim student explained to me that outside of the Islamic part of things (stating Allah's name, killing humanely, etc) that they also drain a lot or all of the blood too. I have a Chinese friend who started cooking with a lot of halal meat and it does have a bit of a different taste. Maybe it's just higher quality meats or maybe it's the blood draining.

I've got a shit load of halal chicken in my freezer but never cooked with it personally. I should give it a shot. Was going to make chicken korma or regular old butter chicken (can't go wrong with that!) but now I'm craving tikka masala.

manfredou

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 07:30:06 PM »
Dustin :you are right

The Halal chicken or Halal meat are more helthy.
for Muslims and jewsh the blood is drained completely  from the animal to purify the meat, because the dead animal 's blood carries (toxins, germs and bacteria = poison), in which the germs can multiply and grow.

Islam and Judaism had forbidden blood as a means of nutrition for man.

the blood of a dead animal is considered to be the best environment for the growth of bacteria, and if the blood (which is filled with toxins) is left inside the  dead chicken, that means you are ingesting a lethal poison.

Salam.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »

for Muslims and jewsh the blood is drained completely  from the animal to purify the meat, because the dead animal 's blood carries (toxins, germs and bacteria = poison), in which the germs can multiply and grow.

the blood of a dead animal is considered to be the best environment for the growth of bacteria, and if the blood (which is filled with toxins) is left inside the  dead chicken, that means you are ingesting a lethal poison.

Salam.

I'd like to purify the meat of the athlete in your avatar, am I right bro?

manfredou

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 08:20:37 PM »
Chiro Flex:----> But don't forget the "Special" white sauce to end well. ;D

dustin

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 08:27:11 PM »

Salam.

Thanks for explaining! Wifey defrosted some other chicken already but I'll give the halal stuff a try and see if I can notice a difference.

BTW, you wouldn't want to see the things they eat where my wife is from. After our first date, we had dim sum the next morning with her and her hot Asian friends and they destroyed bowls of blood pudding. I'll eat just about anything, but blood pudding is where I draw the line. Try picturing a group of 5' Asian chicks with sexy hair, perfect manicures, fake tits, scarfing down chicken feet and blood pudding. Yummy, eh? ;D

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2013, 12:31:22 AM »

Salam.
This is complete and utter nonsense.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2013, 12:54:51 AM »
I do wonder if the halal chicken was brined in a kosher salt mixture though?
;D
I guess if someone has a truly discerning palate they might taste a difference LOL.   ::)
I'm considered a supertaster, but I don't taste much difference between halal and non-halal meat.
There is a different taste on the ground beef, veal and chicken from our halal butcher. They all have a slight 'lamb' taste. Probably because they're all ground on the same machine, and lamb has the strongest taste.
Also, the halal butcher sells different cuts of meat, containing more fat and bones, which gives the meat fuller taste. The non-halal butchers here only have standard low-fat, no-bone beef and pork cuts.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2013, 03:09:51 AM »
"I think your getting your wires crossed here, Halal is nothing more than the Muslim way of killing a beast, they read a prayer, cut across the oesophagus and the animal bleeds to death, generally in agony and sheer terror. It has to be "Alive" when it's cut and not stunned/ unconscious."

Is that the same principal they have in beheadings and religious chainsaw executions? maximal pain?

Oh brother..

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2013, 03:17:33 AM »
Muslims prepare Hala goat meat by first tenderizing the goat anally.
A

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2013, 10:42:45 AM »
This has to be the toughest choice to make in history.

"Toughest choice in history".   Gee, you live in a very small world.

My post workout Halal Chicken with White Sauce cannot be put into words.  Anyone ever go to 53rd and 6th in New York for Halal?

"cannot be put into words", huh?  Let me try: It tastes like shit.  How's that?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2013, 10:48:10 AM »
Epic misunderstanding going on in this thread.

For starters it's a blanket term for "Indian food" , curries, Biriyanis etc.

Indian's are Hindu and NOT muslim.

I think your getting your wires crossed here, Halal is nothing more than the Muslim way of killing a beast, they read a prayer, cut across the oesophagus and the animal bleeds to death, generally in agony and sheer terror. It has to be "Alive" when it's cut and not stunned/ unconscious. 

I think your referring to the way the meat is cooked - if it's cooked in a clay oven (a Tikka oven) then the meat has a nice texture to it. Any dish with Tikka in the wording means the meat has been cooked in a Tikka.

Any dishes without Tikka in the name, generally the meat has been stewed in the sauce itself and not cooked in the clay oven.

Are you saying that getbiggers are misunderstanding something?  Epic obvious understatement of the century.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2013, 10:50:52 AM »
Hehe, lots of Americans in this thread only just discovering the awesome taste of Indian food. We've had it in the UK for decades now. Fucking beautiful it is and I don't go a week without one.

In fact, did you know that tikka masala was invented by two Indian guys running a restaurant in Scotland? If you were to go over to India and ask for a tikka masala or a chicken korma they wouldn't have a clue what you were on about.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2013, 12:33:59 PM »
"Toughest choice in history".   Gee, you live in a very small world.

"cannot be put into words", huh?  Let me try: It tastes like shit.  How's that?
This is all because you excel at being a moron.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2013, 01:53:54 PM »
This is all because you excel at being a moron.

Yea, I guess I don't rate because I think your muslim crap food isn't up there with a meal at the Four Seasons.  Wow, eating from a truck off the street.  Nirvana.  For you.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2013, 02:01:10 PM »
Yea, I guess I don't rate because I think your muslim crap food isn't up there with a meal at the Four Seasons.  Wow, eating from a truck off the street.  Nirvana.  For you.
I can cook better than anything you can buy.  Hope this helps.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2013, 09:52:45 PM »
That little hole in the wall is still open?

That place would be lucky to house 10 people at a time.

"1"

I think you might be confusing it with your glory hole experiences  ;D