Author Topic: Top 5 regrets of the dying  (Read 6579 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Top 5 regrets of the dying
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2013, 02:34:28 PM »
  Great thread AOO

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2013, 02:49:28 PM »
You really are a sociopath aren't you  :-\
Seriously. The fact that he believes true happiness only comes from dominating others tells us a helluva lot more about him than it does the rest of humanity.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 03:15:02 PM »
i have been in many situations where i have almost died in part cause im a fan of doing stupid shit...

my big regrets would be pretty much the same....but more important than any would be me working too damn much....i literally havent had a chance for a life since i was 18...my own fault though

bench

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2013, 03:24:09 PM »
Probably more useful info and life changing than anything posted before

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

"This was the most common regret of all. When people realise that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made. Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it."

2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.

"This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children's youth and their partner's companionship. Women also spoke of this regret, but as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence."

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.

"Many people suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others. As a result, they settled for a mediocre existence and never became who they were truly capable of becoming. Many developed illnesses relating to the bitterness and resentment they carried as a result."

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

"Often they would not truly realise the full benefits of old friends until their dying weeks and it was not always possible to track them down. Many had become so caught up in their own lives that they had let golden friendships slip by over the years. There were many deep regrets about not giving friendships the time and effort that they deserved. Everyone misses their friends when they are dying."

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

"This is a surprisingly common one. Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called 'comfort' of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content, when deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have silliness in their life again."

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying

Great post!!!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »
I'm not sure how much choice he have over the "worked too hard" regret. Life is fucking expensive. I guess some people choose to work extra, beyond what is necessary. That would make sense.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 05:10:54 PM »
I read these a couple years ago, pretty good stuff. Especially number 2.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 05:51:56 PM »
6.  I wish I would have fucked that bitch with a big ass that I used to work with.

Mayor Of Bodybuilding

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 07:26:33 PM »
No Regrets Here! I am Good looking,Retired at 47 years Young!  Loved By all!

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 12:08:46 AM »
The work thing is a huge one, in a 100 (maybe even in 40) years people are going to laugh at how insane we were working 40+ hour weeks while they chill out and robots do all the work.

Bertrand Russell was saying exactly the same thing 50 years ago.

I guarantee you we will still be working long hours.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2013, 12:10:55 AM »
"life is fucking expensive."

TRUE WORDS

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2013, 12:13:24 AM »

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2013, 12:34:12 AM »
Had they actually done all of those things then they would be stating the exact opposite. The human condition of never being satisfied remains till death....nothing to see here folks.

X2

lm

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2013, 03:31:05 AM »

TRUE WORDS

not really. it's a choice... look up "early retirement extreme"

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2013, 03:32:17 AM »

TRUE WORDS

somebody give me something to fill the hole

before I sputter out
T

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »
not really. it's a choice... look up "early retirement extreme"

Ok I'll correct my statement: "living a decent life is fucking expensive."

If I wanted to work very little and have nothing and barely provide for my family,  there's about 20 countries in Africa I would move to. I want more out of life for myself and my loved ones though, but that's just me.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2013, 11:10:34 AM »
I imagine the number one regret would have been not writing Beethoven's 9th symphony.  Oh well.
R

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »
Most people die sick...The lucky ones just drop dead without seeing it coming...I'd imagine that most peoples dying wish would be to have taken better care of themselves...

This fukcing idiot here can say all the things listed above but his number one regret will be what I posted

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2013, 01:23:40 PM »
Most people die sick...The lucky ones just drop dead without seeing it coming...I'd imagine that most peoples dying wish would be to have taken better care of themselves...

This fukcing idiot here can say all the things listed above but his number one regret will be what I posted

How recent is that pic? What a travesty.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier

This one is probably the truest of them all; could be summarized that way too: As hapiness is directly linked to the ability to dominate, control others, I wish I had dominated, controlled more people instead of submiting to too many of them.

Power comes along with a price as well and I doubt every man truly desires it. Some people are naturally content (betas) taking orders and being mindless sheep not questioning authority at all. Perhaps just as they're about to die...

And this "happiness" thing may not even exist but I keep hearing about it. There's ups and downs in life no matter who you are and what you have or don't have.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2013, 06:34:31 PM »
My life has been spectacular for most of the last 69 years I have been around. I take life one day at a time and try to make each day the best day of my life. I have a positive attitude most of the time. I have dreams and future goals, but I never let them stand in the way of enjoying the moment.

I have no regrets. Every decision I made and everything that has randomly happened in my life is right and amazing. I am good to go, whenever that time comes.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2013, 06:39:09 PM »
My life has been spectacular for most of the last 69 years I have been around. I take life one day at a time and try to make each day the best day of my life. I have a positive attitude most of the time. I have dreams and future goals, but I never let them stand in the way of enjoying the moment.

I have no regrets. Every decision I made and everything that has randomly happened in my life is right and amazing. I am good to go, whenever that time comes.
It will probably be ok unless booty shows up.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »

Translation :  " I love the cawk "

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2013, 06:57:24 PM »
Translation :  " I love the cawk "

I see. I guess this crap runs in cycles. Seems like today there are a lot of folks who have nothing better to offer then to make homophobic comments about me. Why what I love or do not love is of any interest to anyone is beyond me. Perhaps you're horny and hoping for a blowjob....well keep hoping, you don't interest me.

Maybe it is you who loves the "cawk" Che. I have been happily married to the same woman who is the mother of my children for nearly 49 years. Can you say the same thing?

No meltdown....but really, some people really need to grow up, you included.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2013, 07:02:41 PM »
I think I would regret NOT ever having done sauce. Which is why when i feel I'm ready - probably in year or two - I'm gonna take it to that next level.

You only live once.
A

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2013, 07:12:45 PM »
The work thing is a huge one, in a 100 (maybe even in 40) years people are going to laugh at how insane we were working 40+ hour weeks while they chill out and robots do all the work.
mmmh...  aint going to happen before a lot of people die. There will be 99% of slaves serving 1% of owners for still a long time. And in the end the 1% will get rid of the 99% and replace them with machines. But before they can replace humans with machine, there s a looooong way to go.