Author Topic: Jim Ross FIRED (retires) from WWE:  (Read 16557 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Jim Ross FIRED (retires) from WWE:
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »
There you go.

I honestly don't see how one could claim to be a wrestling fan and not like Gordon Solie.

Not just not like, but hate.  Compared to the parade of jackwads the WWF has had over the years, Solie has took shits that were better than any of them. 

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 01:41:43 PM »
There you go.

I honestly don't see how one could claim to be a wrestling fan and not like Gordon Solie.

I not only liked his use of "su-PLAY" but I also liked that he was the only broadcaster who used the term "front chancery"...and my favorite line of his was, "(insert wrestler name) is on the scene!!!"   and of course who could forget the "pier 6 brawl" 
~

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 01:55:03 PM »
I not only liked his use of "su-PLAY" but I also liked that he was the only broadcaster who used the term "front chancery"...and my favorite line of his was, "(insert wrestler name) is on the scene!!!"   and of course who could forget the "pier 6 brawl" 

But, why was it always pier 6? Why wasn't it ever pier 5, or 4?
Didn't shit ever happen over there?

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 02:43:01 PM »

There is probably a logical explanation   :-\

~

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 03:11:30 PM »

I think pier 6 was a wellknown place in NYC as being very rough. Plus 6 is more than 5 or 4.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2013, 03:26:11 PM »

My favorite was "Broooother did he catch him with that one."

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »
My favorite was "Broooother did he catch him with that one."

happy veterans day bitches

(Gordon probably said that privately)
~

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 01:31:41 PM »
happy veterans day bitches

(Gordon probably said that privately)

Thanks.   8)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »
Not just not like, but hate.  Compared to the parade of jackwads the WWF has had over the years, Solie has took shits that were better than any of them. 

oh come on. even Todd Pettengill was better than Solie hahaha :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2013, 10:32:57 AM »
WHO CAN SAY'CHICK DONOVAN'BETTER THAN SOLIE..

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 10:40:53 AM »
McMahon has never treated ross with much respect.

X2.  Vince used to do the commentary and I bet he thinks he was a million times better than JR.  Vince is a fucking egomaniac.  This is kind of a bitch move how they are letting him go. 

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 11:25:38 AM »
X2.  Vince used to do the commentary and I bet he thinks he was a million times better than JR.  Vince is a fucking egomaniac.  This is kind of a bitch move how they are letting him go. 

He was.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 12:21:49 PM »
Anybody remember during the "Next Generation" era when Vince would do ringside commentary and yell,  "UNBELIEVABLE" every 30-45 seconds? This was around '93/'94 when Shawn & Bret traded the belt with Diesel and Razor in the picture. Hakushi was vastly underutilized behind Duke The Dumpster Drozy.

Yes, Vince - that was truly unbelievable shit programming.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »
Anybody remember during the "Next Generation" era when Vince would do ringside commentary and yell,  "UNBELIEVABLE" every 30-45 seconds? This was around '93/'94 when Shawn & Bret traded the belt with Diesel and Razor in the picture. Hakushi was vastly underutilized behind Duke The Dumpster Drozy.

Yes, Vince - that was truly unbelievable shit programming.

OMFG I forgot about that!  Truly craptastic!!  This was just before the big battle between WCW and WWE picked up steam.  Late 90's was the dogs bollocks for wrestling.  Never even been close since then.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2013, 01:59:29 PM »
OMFG I forgot about that!  Truly craptastic!!  This was just before the big battle between WCW and WWE picked up steam.  Late 90's was the dogs bollocks for wrestling.  Never even been close since then.

Kensuke Shinzaki was an AMAZING talent from Japan. Vince was fortunate to have such an incredible worker on his roster. The fake tattoos and Buddhist pilgrim gimmick were bad enough, but the real shame was that the talent shortage WWF had at that time left no one who could work with Shinzaki at his level.

Bret had a very solid series of matches with him, but that was about it. Shawn may have done well, but he was too busy putting himself and the clique over...when he wasn't "looking for his smile."

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 05:24:06 AM »
Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer just released a breaking audio update, and has provided even more information on the developing story of Jim Ross announcing his retirement from WWE.

According to Meltzer, JR met with Vince McMahon in Connecticut last night, and all but a handful of Vince's inner circle had any idea why the meeting was taking place.

The reason why Jim Ross was let go from WWE was due to his inability to control Ric Flair at the WWE 2K Sports panel that took place the night before SummerSlam. As we noted earlier, there was talk of letting JR go "the minute the panel ended," as WWE felt he should have cut Flair off and regained control of the event.

Meltzer further noted that the part of the panel that drew the most heat for Flair was when he made mention of his son Reid's death and when he joked that John Cena never used to drink before they met but now he downs a six pack of beer every night.

The update went on to note that WWE is using the "retirement" excuse as a PR move to avoid major uproar over the firing of a beloved WWE talent and Hall of Famer. Meltzer stands by his belief that Ross was let go entirely due to the 2K Sports panel because just a couple weeks ago during his Q&A session in The UK, Ross said he had no plans to retire from WWE.

Another interesting note is that aside from Vince McMahon, Triple H and a couple other employees mentioning it on Twitter, no WWE wrestlers have commented on the news of JR retiring.

credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/278093-another-big-jrwwe-update-ross-said-to-have-been-qlet-goq-qretirementq-excuse-said-to-be-a-pr-move-what-really-caused-ross-departure

Flair talked a little about this on Austins Podcast.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2013, 08:12:58 AM »
tna should get jr asap, once his non compete claus expires.
sept 10th APF

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 11:16:04 AM »
So Flair mentioned Reid's death and said Cena has a few beers now?  And that was " not keeping Flair under control"?   Oh brother. 

nasht5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 12:29:59 PM »
no no, flair got smashed and jr was drunk with him on stage. there is a youtube video of it.
sept 10th APF

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2013, 01:52:57 PM »
no no, flair got smashed and jr was drunk with him on stage. there is a youtube video of it.

Gooood laaaaaard, Ric Flair was drunk!

8)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2013, 03:44:50 PM »

Did you see it?

nasht5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »
I watched a few minutes and clicked to something else.
sept 10th APF

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2013, 10:29:10 AM »
I just watched it, didn't seem that bad to me.  A few highlights:

Flair saying being with Savage at Mania was his highest moment.  I understand, he works for Vince, but A Flair For The Gold was the biggest.

He also said he was the only one alive from that match.  Savage, Elizabeth, and Hennig are gone.  He also said Savage And Liz were having troubles at the time and that made it worse.

He said he was teaching Miz how to do the figure four and told him, "I don't know why you want to learn this, I haven't beat anybody with it in 40 years, I've had it on Austin 25 times and he just grabbed the rope."  That is true and Stoppa can verify that.

I was doing my shit, Rock was doing his shit, Foley was rolling around on thumbtacks.  We stole the show.

He put his HOF ring on Reid before they closed the casket.

He is taking Austin out after the show.  "I'm doing his Podcast tomorrow, and if he doesn't come out, I ain't doing his Podcast."

jillymayr

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2013, 12:29:39 PM »
I actually don't miss him on the show as I always thought he was boring

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2013, 04:46:47 PM »
I actually don't miss him on the show as I always thought he was boring

Goooooooooood laaaaaaaard!!!!