Author Topic: Jim Ross FIRED (retires) from WWE:  (Read 16555 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Jim Ross FIRED (retires) from WWE:
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2013, 04:54:33 PM »
Goooooooooood laaaaaaaard!!!!

I know...

But, in his defense, Ross always got an ENORMOUS pop when he'd come out and walk down to the announce table at the beginning of live events.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2013, 05:42:02 PM »

I know...

But, in his defense, Ross always got an ENORMOUS pop when he'd come out and walk down to the announce table at the beginning of live events.

Come on he wasn't so bad.  The Bells Palsy fucked his speech for sure, but he was a staple of RAW.  I have such fond memories of the late 90's Wrasslin' Wars and Lawler and Ross were a huge part of that.  Fuck, those years were so fucking good for wrasslin'!  I still remember seeing Scott Steiner in person at the World Gym I train at when WCW came through town.  The dude was a fucking freak of nature!  The weights he threw around were unreal.  Saw him train Chest and Arms and the whole gym pretty much stopped to watch him.  Buff Bagwell was also there training with him.  You forget how big these dudes really are until you are in the same room with them.  There were more than a few moist who-ares in that gym that afternoon. 

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2013, 07:23:01 PM »
I actually don't miss him on the show as I always thought he was boring

Ross was good because he actually called the match. Was he Gordon Solie? No, but better than Cole for sure. Joey Styles on the other hand was also pretty damn good and most of his ECW stuff was done solo.

jillymayr

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2013, 06:35:42 AM »
Cole sucks big time...I keep wondering why they keep him around.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2013, 09:14:59 AM »
Cole sucks big time...I keep wondering why they keep him around.

Thank you.  Good ol JR was a master compared to Cole. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2013, 05:50:25 PM »
Cole is a modern-day Todd Pettingill.

One thing I'll say for the Fed: when Solie died, there was WWF talent who attended his funeral and other talent who couldn't make it video recorded small tributes that Vince sent down to air at Gordon's eulogy. I believe WWF also broadcasted acknowledgement of Gordon's passing. Remember that Mr. Solie never even worked for the McMahon's.

WCW didn't do shit. A few people took the initiative to go to his funeral on their own; that was it.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »
Anybody remember during the "Next Generation" era when Vince would do ringside commentary and yell,  "UNBELIEVABLE" every 30-45 seconds? This was around '93/'94 when Shawn & Bret traded the belt with Diesel and Razor in the picture. Hakushi was vastly underutilized behind Duke The Dumpster Drozy.

Yes, Vince - that was truly unbelievable shit programming.

yes this is when RAW was pretty much in high school arenas and diesel was about to become champion LOL
Flower Boy Ran Away

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2013, 07:06:29 PM »
yes this is when RAW was pretty much in high school arenas and diesel was about to become champion LOL

There were rumors that the old man was at the time considering downsizing the WWF to a smaller northeast territory.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2013, 08:14:31 PM »

There were rumors that the old man was at the time considering downsizing the WWF to a smaller northeast territory.

Dont tease me.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2013, 06:39:05 AM »
Dont tease me.

It'll never happen. If it came to that, the company will likely just fold. To operate as a "regional territory" today equates to being an Indy promotion. WWE has no reason to hang on like that. They're more likely to expand and move even further from being a "rasslin" company.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2013, 06:31:33 PM »
They're more likely to expand and move even further from being a "rasslin" company.

they could start up a bodybuilding federation.

they could call it the WBF! ;D
Flower Boy Ran Away

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2013, 07:10:02 PM »

I wonder if the old man has ever thought about promoting football?

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2013, 08:42:08 PM »

Oh fuck, what a disaster that was!  I'm old enough to remember that turd getting flushed just as I started getting in the weightlifting game.  Gary Strydom was their golden boy.  I have not thought about the WBF in a while.  If the old man tries that one again, you know its curtains for the main show.   

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2013, 01:59:39 AM »
A major wrench in that project was the steroid trial that began around that time. Mike Quinn has talked about how the honest (but selective) testing screwed a lot of guys and hurt the quality of the shows.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2013, 10:09:52 AM »
A major wrench in that project was the steroid trial that began around that time. Mike Quinn has talked about how the honest (but selective) testing screwed a lot of guys and hurt the quality of the shows.

Yeah.  They had Mauro Dipasquale as the "team doctor" for lack of better term.  He put them all on his anabolic diet (keto diet) at the same time they all had to come off all the gear they were using, other than the chosen few who were given a pass.  I remember Tom Platz was involved big time too.  Hazy memories from back then.  It was a disaster from the get go.