Author Topic: How many Getbiggers suffer from mental illness?  (Read 33786 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: How many Getbiggers suffer from mental illness?
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 04:17:35 AM »
Ask your doc about Trazadone...It is a failed antidepressant that is good for sleep...

Thanks, but my actual problem is that I sleep too long, sometimes up to 11-12 hours(!)

Last week, I did a couple of tests in the hospital (nervous system, lungs, blood pressure/analysis, weight, 3 questionnaires) and even a sleep session at home with this bitch (never again please! ;D) So far, all physical tests went fine.

In October I will have another sleeping test in the hospital under narcosis.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 04:20:48 AM »
Very interesting DP...Never heard of an issue of TOO much sleep...If it interferes with your day to day productivity, I can see it as a problem...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 04:46:51 AM »
Very interesting DP...Never heard of an issue of TOO much sleep...If it interferes with your day to day productivity, I can see it as a problem...

I need an early or late afternoon nap, in case I slept for 'only' 6-7 hours. It's hard to figure out if it's mental and/or physical (I assume both), that's why I contacted my doctor.
Feeling sleepy during the day sucks, not only during a working day, so I hope they find the cause(s) and that no medicines are needed. One thing that I need to improve on is regularity; sometimes I go to bed at 11PM, but the next night at 2AM :-[

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 04:52:45 AM »
I have Schizoaffective disorder and life is a daily struggle...Please feel free to share and help stop the stigma...With all these shooting sprees on the news and all of them having mental illness, we are getting a bad reputation..
Are you on Mood Stabilizers, Anti-Depressents, Anti-Psychotics?

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 04:54:48 AM »
Are you on Mood Stabilizers, Anti-Depressents, Anti-Psychotics?

Since I drink, Doc will not put me on Anti D...I am on Haldol and Trazadone...

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 04:55:30 AM »
I need an early or late afternoon nap, in case I slept for 'only' 6-7 hours. It's hard to figure out if it's mental and/or physical (I assume both), that's why I contacted my doctor.
Feeling sleepy during the day sucks, not only during a working day, so I hope they find the cause(s) and that no medicines are needed. One thing that I need to improve on is regularity; sometimes I go to bed at 11PM, but the next night at 2AM :-[

I hope they figure out what is up, good luck DP

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 04:59:43 AM »
we're all a little mixed up... your serotonin levels may vary.

Just make the best of it.  100 years ago, they'd just call us a little 'off'.
Today we're diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, etc.
In 100 years, they'll have a perfect pill that'll autocorrect our uneven chemical levels in the brain.
We're stuck in the middle :(

Try meds, try health food, and above all, just accept how you're built, and use the gifts that come with the deficits, to your benefit.  Yes, ADHD sucks, but you sure can multi-task with it.  yes, OCD sucks, but that house is always clean.  yes, having the addiction in your blood sucks, but when you apply the addiction to success with work/family, you can kick some serious ass at life.

That's what I've learned, coming from a family where EVERYONE has alcohol/drug issues on one side, and everyone one of my siblings has battled their demons.  Just learn to focus those bad things in my blood, into a good direction.   I work too much and get too passionate aobut things, but I'm not stoned, i'm not wasted, I'm not doing all the destructive stuff that others in my family with the same blood are doing :(  

Good luck man.  Just learn to embrace how you're built and make the best of it, like we all do.  Try diff meds and other things too.  Never give up.
The Baby Boomer Generation done effed up their kids heads, plus the drug industry.

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2013, 05:03:05 AM »
Depression, aggression, alcoholism, sleep disorder, and addictive traits to UPPERS

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2013, 05:05:10 AM »
Tbombz could fill up 10 pages in this thread about his problems.

20 pages of Craigslist have filled up his anus

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2013, 05:06:24 AM »
Depression, aggression, alcoholism, sleep disorder, and addictive traits to UPPERS

Good luck to your recovery, thanks for being honest...

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2013, 05:28:38 AM »

how old are you bebop?
North of Italy

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2013, 05:50:04 AM »
I hope they figure out what is up, good luck DP

Thanks, and I hope you get the support and meds for your schizoaffective disorder.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2013, 05:54:58 AM »
Mild depression and sociable alcoholism. Friends still invite me whenever they're throwing a party.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2013, 06:01:43 AM »
Thank fuck iv never drank alcohol or taken hard drugs

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2013, 06:03:38 AM »
Thanks, but my actual problem is that I sleep too long, sometimes up to 11-12 hours(!)

Last week, I did a couple of tests in the hospital (nervous system, lungs, blood pressure/analysis, weight, 3 questionnaires) and even a sleep session at home with this bitch (never again please! ;D) So far, all physical tests went fine.

I was the same, sleeping 10-12hrs a night, and drinking coffee all day. Trouble was I was up way to late.  Now I go to bed at 9 and by 3-4am I'm wide awake and no longer drink caffeine. Watch this video, I know hes a twink but he knows whats he talking about. Try getting to bed earlier and listen to what he says about artificial light.

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2013, 06:21:50 AM »
i get upset easily

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2013, 06:47:02 AM »
The best advice I can give you is if you have access to other Psychiatrists, find one who is a Pharmacologist also! Make sure you are properly diagnosed and are on the proper meds!

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2013, 06:59:10 AM »
I have suffered with severe depression in the past along with anxiety attacks. Thankfully 2013 has been good so far largely due to my girlfriend, I could never say for certain it won't ever come back, but I do my best to look after myself on a daily basis or if I feel myself slipping. Ones circumstances,  environment,  and mainly who surrounds them is very important.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2013, 07:14:13 AM »
I have suffered with severe depression in the past along with anxiety attacks. Thankfully 2013 has been good so far largely due to my girlfriend, I could never say for certain it won't ever come back, but I do my best to look after myself on a daily basis or if I feel myself slipping. Ones circumstances,  environment,  and mainly who surrounds them is very important.
That is very true! Exercise especially weight training also helps with serotonin!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2013, 07:29:04 AM »
Who would listen to this concentration camp looking psycho?

U only need 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Just man up and stop being pussies.

Nobody has to

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2013, 07:35:48 AM »

interesting, I sleep 10-12 hours almost every day. 8) Should I consider myself ill? ???

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2013, 07:46:23 AM »
I was the same, sleeping 10-12hrs a night, and drinking coffee all day. Trouble was I was up way to late.  Now I go to bed at 9 and by 3-4am I'm wide awake and no longer drink caffeine. Watch this video, I know hes a twink but he knows whats he talking about. Try getting to bed earlier and listen to what he says about artificial light.

Thanks for sharing! I remember watching this vid before, here on GB. He's dead right on serotonin and melatonin levels, us humans are very stubborn with our disturbed rhythms. Normally, I train between 9-10 PM, so this 9PM thing would be a hard one. However, I believe I should give it a try by getting to bed @10 PM every(!) night. BTW, I always sleep with a shirt on my eyes, which works like magic.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2013, 07:48:25 AM »
interesting, I sleep 10-12 hours almost every day. 8) Should I consider myself ill? ???

The problem is this, I don't always have the time to sleep that long, so the next morning/afternoon is payday :-\

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2013, 07:50:05 AM »
Who would listen to this concentration camp looking psycho?

U I only need 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Just man up and stop being pussies.

Fixed, mr tough guy  ::)

the trainer

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2013, 07:52:06 AM »
if you look at me for more than 2 seconds i will threaten to punch you in the face, when i go to the mall  and i cant find a parking spot i block your car or swerved in front of you if you are see a spot, i like to go in front of lines and if you say something i will threaten to fuck you up, i get blowjobs from crack whores and sometimes go raw if i am feeling good then i grab the bitch and tell her to give me back my money because she should be paying me, so overall i am just a alpha male.