Author Topic: Honest question for my fellow Americans  (Read 17792 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Honest question for my fellow Americans
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 07:25:00 AM »
Keep fooling yourself. Wannabe rebels always forget the basics. Let's assume you can hold out because everyone is armed. What then? How are you going to grow food for tens of millions of people? The government will just spray defoliant and you will starve. And then you will be begging them to be let into a camp. Not to mention medical services. Hospitals? Government access only. Pharmacies? No supply line = no medicine.

I used to think this too (no way to fight back)  yet history seems to show that it is possible; the full might of the soviet union could not conquer afghanistan..americas military has been unable to clamp down of afghanistan...syrians with ak's and no food production have done quite a job so far against modern artillery and aircraft...people all over the world have managed to resist overwhelming force quite successfully. And no one is armed better than americans

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 07:26:20 AM »
That is true about a large amount of people in the US. However, there is a large amount of people who believe that the government has more control over their lives that they feel comfortable with. I believe that it will take one big event or implementation of a law/series of laws that may trigger a movement amongst those people previously mentioned.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Also states like West Virginia and Michigan contain militias with numbers in the thousands. It's on major news outlets at least twice per year, and they are on the goverment's watch list...just like Al Qaeda.

I'm from Michigan.  My brother in-law joined what he thought was a gun club that turned out to be a militia group.
A

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 07:27:58 AM »
I'm from Michigan.  My brother in-law joined what he thought was a gun club that turned out to be a militia group.

LMAO!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 07:29:16 AM »

lolololololololololololo lolololololololololololo lololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How'd that work out? ;D :D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 07:31:05 AM »
That is true about a large amount of people in the US. However, there is a large amount of people who believe that the government has more control over their lives that they feel comfortable with. I believe that it will take one big event or implementation of a law/series of laws that may trigger a movement amongst those people previously mentioned.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Also states like West Virginia and Michigan contain militias with numbers in the thousands. It's on major news outlets at least twice per year, and some of which are on the goverment's watch list...just like Al Qaeda.

Say what you want, I'm glad these militias are popping up (not the extreme ones).

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 07:33:06 AM »
Say what you want, I'm glad these militias are popping up (not the extreme ones).

I agree with you all the way on this one.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 07:35:05 AM »
I agree with you all the way on this one.

I never thought I'd be saying that being a 10 year military guy. Things have obviously changed for the worse,

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2013, 07:39:38 AM »
I never thought I'd be saying that being a 10 year military guy. Things have obviously changed for the worse,
I can only say so many things...since I'm currently bound by "some things"...that could may or may not effect my livelyhood for the next few years...if that makes any sense. :-*

But I definitely agree, along with many others who are currently in the same status as myself.

*edited*

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2013, 07:41:34 AM »
I can only say so many things...since I'm currently bound by "some things"...that could may or may not effect my livelyhood for the next few years...if that makes any sense. :-*

But I definitely agree.

Understand 100%

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2013, 07:43:28 AM »
LMAO!

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How'd that work out? ;D :D

My bro in-law Dale was training partner for a couple years and it was during that period he met up with these guys.  One day he struck up a conversation with a couple of fellas at the gun range.  They told him they get together with some friends to shoot and go on hunting trips.  He talked to them a few more times at the range before agreeing to get together for a barbecue.

He showed up to what he expected to be the guys house but was more like a compound.   Everyone was dressed in camouflage with military ranks.  They were talking about insurrection, government tyranny and preparing for the inevitable civil war. And no evening would be complete without birther talk.  Real doomsday preppers stuff.  It was a little to much for him.  
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2013, 08:02:25 AM »
Bahahha of course his name was Dale hahhahaa

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2013, 08:30:24 AM »
I used to think this too (no way to fight back)  yet history seems to show that it is possible; the full might of the soviet union could not conquer afghanistan..americas military has been unable to clamp down of afghanistan...syrians with ak's and no food production have done quite a job so far against modern artillery and aircraft...people all over the world have managed to resist overwhelming force quite successfully. And no one is armed better than americans
Sure you can fight back, and maybe even reach a stalemate. But at the cost of living in the stone age, going by the examples you gave. And also not winning.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2013, 08:33:26 AM »
Question from a non American...

...is the possibility of martial law and forced incarceration high enough to warrant concern at the moment?

And on what grounds?

Just curious.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2013, 08:37:02 AM »
Bahahha of course his name was Dale hahhahaa

Haha, his name really is dale but he's not a redneck or anything.  He makes a good living as a manger at a manufacturing plant.  I just don't think he was prepare for the onslaught.  I told him it was to much to soon.  Kind of like a woman saying she wants to marry you and have your children on the first date.
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2013, 08:38:52 AM »
Haha, his name really is dale but he's not a redneck or anything.  He makes a good living as a manger at a manufacturing plant.  I just don't think he was prepare for the onslaught.  I told him it was to much to soon.  Kind of like a woman saying she wants to marry you and have your children on the first date.

lol

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2013, 08:40:22 AM »
Question from a non American...

...is the possibility of martial law and forced incarceration high enough to warrant concern at the moment?

And on what grounds?

Just curious.

Yes

Financial collapse
Natural Disaster
Civil unrest.

Any combo of the above.
They know this already, which is why they are preparing/prepared.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2013, 08:40:31 AM »
Sure you can fight back, and maybe even reach a stalemate. But at the cost of living in the stone age, going by the examples you gave. And also not winning.

Yea but the alternative would be death or prison camp.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2013, 08:41:48 AM »

;D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2013, 08:48:10 AM »
Armed to the teeth and protect my family!

x2. Lotsa land, dogs on patrol, ranging stakes already set out. Neighbors on-board (the ones close enough that I care about). Water, heat, sewage and electricity are all off-the-grid capable, store of food laid in, no-infrastructure comms are in and working for other "like-minded" folks. Close to 50K rounds of ammo...

The usual.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2013, 08:51:29 AM »

The problem is that when these militias pop up, they are already infiltrated by the CIA etc. And in most cases the government are the ones "popping" them up. They aren't infiltrating them to help with a resistance, they do it to take inventory of the people who are enemy of the state...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2013, 08:57:59 AM »
It's the nano technology that is and will be used in evil ways towards mankind that basically will make guns and what not useless...

PASTED---

Introduction to Nanotechnology

This article will serve as a beginner’s guide to nanotechnology and will explain what nanotechnology is, the strides we’ve made in the field, what nanotechnology is good for, when you can expect to have nanotechnology at your fingertips, and how it will change our lives. By following this simple introduction, you will be able to gain crucial information that you will need to know eventually so you might as well learn it now. Nanotechnology is an interesting industry in and of itself and it will lead the future in nearly every other industry.

What Is Nanotechnology
Nanotechnology is the industry in which tiny computers called nanites come together to work simultaneously throughout whatever object they are inserted into in order to perform amazing tasks at the molecular level. If you think that computers have come along way in the dream of getting smaller and smaller, you’ll be amazed at the size of nanites. Nanites are definitely the small functioning computers we have as they are about 2.5 times smaller than any given cell in your body.

Brief History of Nanotechnology
The idea of nanotechnology was first proposed by a physicist named Richard Feynman in 1959. Feynman never technically used the term “nanotechnology” or “nanite” but he gave a speech called “There’s Plenty of Room At the Bottom” in which he talked about how we would one day be able to manipulate atoms and molecules and actually craft them into whatever we wanted them to be. He then went on to discuss the possibility of us, in the distant future, creating extremely small machines that would serve as tiny tools. This idea was considered completely radical at the time but as the years rolled by, we now see nanotechnology as a very real and potential technology in the near future.

Nanotechnology wasn’t seen as a considerable concept until the 1980s when Eric Drexler began doing research into nanotechnology, including the observation of Feynman’s speech. Drexler spent countless years perfecting the concept and getting many different scientists involved with actually producing nanotechnology.

Things That Nanotechnology Can Be Used For
Nanotechnology can be used for loads of different things in many different industries. That’s why nanotechnology is such a marvelous thing: It’s not limited to one thing or even to a small group of things; it can be used for many different things in any field you can think of. Below is a list of several different tasks that nanotechnology can accomplish and examples of the wonderful abilities that it can provide the people who work in these fields.

Molecular Engineering
Nanotechnology is extremely small and, being so, may be able to allow scientists to actually engineer their own molecules. As Feynman said in his speech, There’s Plenty of Room At the Bottom, nanotechnology may give us the ability to reconstruct atoms in order to make them do whatever we want them to do. Think about a world in which we can make our own oxygen or turn carbon dioxide into ozone. We may not only be able to cure our own planet of the nasty things that we’ve done to it over the years, but nanotechnology will also allow us to renovate entire atmospheres like that found on Mars and allow for us to explore new worlds in a way that’s never been imagined before.

Food Preservation
Nanotechnology can help to preserve food in at least two different ways: The first way that nanotechnology can improve food is by sealing the bags that the food is in. See, the way food preservation works is by keeping it from as much oxygen as possible. When air gets into a bag or other container and into the food, the food will age and expire. That’s why we have so many different types of machines like the AirVac that can suck the air out of a bag after it’s been sealed so we can store it in the fridge, freezer, or pantry for a very long time. The way nanotechnology can help this is by forming a criss-cross net over the container that takes air a very long time to get through. The other way that nanotechnology can help preserve food is mostly limited to bread, specifically. When you first buy (or bake bread) it’s loaded with many proteins and fat cells that are sturdy and fight each other for space. Over time, however, the stronger fat cells eventually win out and the bread begins to get stiff and moldy. Nanotechnology can help this by reinforcing the proteins to make them stronger which means that the fat cells take much longer to take over. For you, that means that your bread will stay fresh for as long as you need it to be (relatively, that is; don’t wait years to eat your bread). With these two preservation techniques just from adding nanotechnology to the food, we may even be able to cure world hunger some day.

Stronger Materials
Nanotechnology will be able to reinforce materials to make them not only stronger, but also lighter. There are these really cool structures called nanotubes (or carbon nanotubes) that are just as stiff as diamonds and one hundred times stronger than steel, yet they’re six times lighter than steel. You may be thinking “Yeah, that’s fine and dandy, but what can it be used for?” Carbon nanotubes are great because athletes (such as golf players or tennis ball players) are constantly looking for equipment that is both strong and light. With the help of these carbon nanotubes, those athletes will be able to get exactly what they’re looking for. Another place that these carbon nanotubes will find their home is inside of military armor. As it is right now, we have kevlar to protect soldiers. Kevlar is good because it is really strong and relatively light (compared to those big iron suits that knights wore). With nanotechnology, however, each soldier will be like a walking tank. Their armor will be light enough for them to walk around and even run in without getting extraordinarily tired while providing very strong protection for the soldier at all times. Because it is so light, we could even make armor for soldiers to wear against their entire bodies instead of just their chests like they do today. That means that our soldiers will be kept safe while they perform their brave tasks throughout the world.

How Long Until Nanotechnology Is Available
Now you might be thinking “Wow! Nanotechnology sounds great. How long until we can buy it at the store, though?” That’s a good question. Some forms of nanotechnology are already being put in use by big corporations today. Some stores in the UK are using basic forms of nanotechnology to track items all the way from the distribution center to the retail store and then the tracking is turned off when you purchase the item. This not only deters people from stealing but for those who do decide to steal an item, the company is able to locate the item and get it back while also reporting the person to authorities in order to bring them to justice. While there is some controversy over whether or not the tracking is turned off at the store, as civil liberty groups are making sure of, nanotechnology may allow for us to never have to worry about theft (from stores, anyway) again. Other types of nanotechnology are being manufactured as we speak and the basic framework of it is already complete. All we have to do now is work out the bugs that are involved in technology that is so small. Within the next decade or two, there’s no reason that nanotechnology will not be a common thing seen in our everyday lives.

Hopefully this article has brought you some insight on what nanotechnology is capable of and has served as not only an educational document, but also as an entertaining one as well.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2013, 08:58:07 AM »
Yea but the alternative would be death or prison camp.
Isn't everyone always complaining that prisons are too luxurious?

Mark my words: most people will go quietly, many will even want to. Especially if they are sold well. Call it a camp, and some will not want to. Call it a Safe Zone, and people will anal rape their grannies with a pineapple to get in.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2013, 08:58:12 AM »
http://www.michiganmilitia.com/SMVM/smvm.htm

This may be the group or a group affiliated with them. Now that I've googled them I'm sure a computer somewhere has been notified.
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2013, 09:01:39 AM »
It's the nano technology that is and will be used in evil ways towards mankind that basically will make guns and what not useless...

PASTED---

Introduction to Nanotechnology

This article will serve as a beginner’s guide to nanotechnology and will explain what nanotechnology is, the strides we’ve made in the field, what nanotechnology is good for, when you can expect to have nanotechnology at your fingertips, and how it will change our lives. By following this simple introduction, you will be able to gain crucial information that you will need to know eventually so you might as well learn it now. Nanotechnology is an interesting industry in and of itself and it will lead the future in nearly every other industry.

What Is Nanotechnology
Nanotechnology is the industry in which tiny computers called nanites come together to work simultaneously throughout whatever object they are inserted into in order to perform amazing tasks at the molecular level. If you think that computers have come along way in the dream of getting smaller and smaller, you’ll be amazed at the size of nanites. Nanites are definitely the small functioning computers we have as they are about 2.5 times smaller than any given cell in your body.

Brief History of Nanotechnology
The idea of nanotechnology was first proposed by a physicist named Richard Feynman in 1959. Feynman never technically used the term “nanotechnology” or “nanite” but he gave a speech called “There’s Plenty of Room At the Bottom” in which he talked about how we would one day be able to manipulate atoms and molecules and actually craft them into whatever we wanted them to be. He then went on to discuss the possibility of us, in the distant future, creating extremely small machines that would serve as tiny tools. This idea was considered completely radical at the time but as the years rolled by, we now see nanotechnology as a very real and potential technology in the near future.

Nanotechnology wasn’t seen as a considerable concept until the 1980s when Eric Drexler began doing research into nanotechnology, including the observation of Feynman’s speech. Drexler spent countless years perfecting the concept and getting many different scientists involved with actually producing nanotechnology.

Things That Nanotechnology Can Be Used For
Nanotechnology can be used for loads of different things in many different industries. That’s why nanotechnology is such a marvelous thing: It’s not limited to one thing or even to a small group of things; it can be used for many different things in any field you can think of. Below is a list of several different tasks that nanotechnology can accomplish and examples of the wonderful abilities that it can provide the people who work in these fields.

Molecular Engineering
Nanotechnology is extremely small and, being so, may be able to allow scientists to actually engineer their own molecules. As Feynman said in his speech, There’s Plenty of Room At the Bottom, nanotechnology may give us the ability to reconstruct atoms in order to make them do whatever we want them to do. Think about a world in which we can make our own oxygen or turn carbon dioxide into ozone. We may not only be able to cure our own planet of the nasty things that we’ve done to it over the years, but nanotechnology will also allow us to renovate entire atmospheres like that found on Mars and allow for us to explore new worlds in a way that’s never been imagined before.

Food Preservation
Nanotechnology can help to preserve food in at least two different ways: The first way that nanotechnology can improve food is by sealing the bags that the food is in. See, the way food preservation works is by keeping it from as much oxygen as possible. When air gets into a bag or other container and into the food, the food will age and expire. That’s why we have so many different types of machines like the AirVac that can suck the air out of a bag after it’s been sealed so we can store it in the fridge, freezer, or pantry for a very long time. The way nanotechnology can help this is by forming a criss-cross net over the container that takes air a very long time to get through. The other way that nanotechnology can help preserve food is mostly limited to bread, specifically. When you first buy (or bake bread) it’s loaded with many proteins and fat cells that are sturdy and fight each other for space. Over time, however, the stronger fat cells eventually win out and the bread begins to get stiff and moldy. Nanotechnology can help this by reinforcing the proteins to make them stronger which means that the fat cells take much longer to take over. For you, that means that your bread will stay fresh for as long as you need it to be (relatively, that is; don’t wait years to eat your bread). With these two preservation techniques just from adding nanotechnology to the food, we may even be able to cure world hunger some day.

Stronger Materials
Nanotechnology will be able to reinforce materials to make them not only stronger, but also lighter. There are these really cool structures called nanotubes (or carbon nanotubes) that are just as stiff as diamonds and one hundred times stronger than steel, yet they’re six times lighter than steel. You may be thinking “Yeah, that’s fine and dandy, but what can it be used for?” Carbon nanotubes are great because athletes (such as golf players or tennis ball players) are constantly looking for equipment that is both strong and light. With the help of these carbon nanotubes, those athletes will be able to get exactly what they’re looking for. Another place that these carbon nanotubes will find their home is inside of military armor. As it is right now, we have kevlar to protect soldiers. Kevlar is good because it is really strong and relatively light (compared to those big iron suits that knights wore). With nanotechnology, however, each soldier will be like a walking tank. Their armor will be light enough for them to walk around and even run in without getting extraordinarily tired while providing very strong protection for the soldier at all times. Because it is so light, we could even make armor for soldiers to wear against their entire bodies instead of just their chests like they do today. That means that our soldiers will be kept safe while they perform their brave tasks throughout the world.

How Long Until Nanotechnology Is Available
Now you might be thinking “Wow! Nanotechnology sounds great. How long until we can buy it at the store, though?” That’s a good question. Some forms of nanotechnology are already being put in use by big corporations today. Some stores in the UK are using basic forms of nanotechnology to track items all the way from the distribution center to the retail store and then the tracking is turned off when you purchase the item. This not only deters people from stealing but for those who do decide to steal an item, the company is able to locate the item and get it back while also reporting the person to authorities in order to bring them to justice. While there is some controversy over whether or not the tracking is turned off at the store, as civil liberty groups are making sure of, nanotechnology may allow for us to never have to worry about theft (from stores, anyway) again. Other types of nanotechnology are being manufactured as we speak and the basic framework of it is already complete. All we have to do now is work out the bugs that are involved in technology that is so small. Within the next decade or two, there’s no reason that nanotechnology will not be a common thing seen in our everyday lives.

Hopefully this article has brought you some insight on what nanotechnology is capable of and has served as not only an educational document, but also as an entertaining one as well.

Nanotechnology scares the shit out of me. Sure it has some positive applications, but its potential for abuse is off the charts

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2013, 09:02:17 AM »
x2. Lotsa land, dogs on patrol, ranging stakes already set out. Neighbors on-board (the ones close enough that I care about). Water, heat, sewage and electricity are all off-the-grid capable, store of food laid in, no-infrastructure comms are in and working for other "like-minded" folks. Close to 50K rounds of ammo...

The usual.

That's awesome..