Author Topic: Sushi  (Read 6262 times)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: Sushi
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »
Gal: if you have Netflix, watch "Jiro Dreams of Sushi."

Will illustrate the craftsmanship that goes into good sushi. Great documentary.

When I'm REALLY starving and depleted, I crave pizza first for my cheat meal. But if the ole lady objects then sushi is my 2nd choice. Hardly any spill over after a sushi feast as well, just fills me out like crazy; perfect combo of protein, carbs, fat, and enough sodium from the soy sauce. 8)

dustin

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2013, 09:41:13 PM »

Will illustrate the craftsmanship that goes into good sushi. Great documentary.

When I'm REALLY starving and depleted, I crave pizza first for my cheat meal. But if the ole lady objects then sushi is my 2nd choice. Hardly any spill over after a sushi feast as well, just fills me out like crazy; perfect combo of protein, carbs, fat, and enough sodium from the soy sauce. 8)

Cleanest "cheat" food their is. Heck, I think sushi revitalizes me, man.

If I go for a long stretch and my body is tired and achy, I tell my wife I'm sorry, but I'm going to spend a bill on sushi and she can come with me or stay home and fuck herself LOL... obviously she comes with and we pig out. No one in their right mind says "no" to sushi.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2013, 09:42:27 PM »
ok will try it some day on cheat meal day.

You're not going to regret. Start with some easy stuff like california rolls, dynamite rolls etc.

Have some tempura as appetizer - this is actually a Portuguese dish japanese mastered.

Eventually, your taste buds get used to it and just like many of us end up moving to raw fish. So many people I know swore they will never eat that stuff and now they're addicted.

Jay likes sushi - bodybuilding related

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2013, 09:44:44 PM »
Heck, I think sushi revitalizes me, man.

I feel light and healthy after eating sashimi. No other food makes me feel that way.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2013, 09:45:07 PM »
Sushi is truly great bodybuilding food.

dustin

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2013, 09:54:04 PM »
You're not going to regret. Start with some easy stuff like california rolls, dynamite rolls etc.

Have some tempura as appetizer - this is actually a Portuguese dish japanese mastered.

Eventually, your taste buds get used to it and just like many of us end up moving to raw fish. So many people I know swore they will never eat that stuff and now they're addicted.

Jay likes sushi - bodybuilding related

Yep. I think it's why it resonates with bodybuilders. As fucked up as cult that we are, we know a thing or two about our bodies. I wrote off sushi a million times before I begrudgingly tried some, and I questioned my entire existence after taking that first magical bite. Good sushi makes you feel really good. ;D

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2013, 10:02:19 PM »
Good sushi makes you feel really good. ;D

^this

I get this odd "well being" feeling in my stomach. But with sashimi only, with maybe a little bit of rice. Too much rice and I feel bloated. Fish with omega 3 oils is of course the best shit you can eat. Period. And your body is telling "more of this shit please"

dustin

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 10:09:26 PM »
^this

I get this odd "well being" feeling in my stomach. But with sashimi only, with maybe a little bit of rice. Too much rice and I feel bloated. Fish with omega 3 oils is of course the best shit you can eat. Period. And your body is telling "more of this shit please"

Exact same thing here, man. That's why I get a few rolls normally and then get like 10 tuna and 10 salmon nigiri.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2013, 12:28:57 AM »
O-toro.  Never found it outside Japan but you'd probably get it in major US cities.  Not trying to be snooty.  Honto de yo.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2013, 12:36:39 AM »
Bit overrated, for me. Bear in mind that a lot of western sushi is often not remotely authentic - lots of Mayo in some and highly processed.
O

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 01:20:21 AM »

I watched that, very cool.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2013, 02:41:08 AM »
O-toro.  Never found it outside Japan but you'd probably get it in major US cities.  Not trying to be snooty.  Honto de yo.

Otoro and Chutoro are quite plentiful here in Boston. But then, much of the tuna in Japan is flown in from these waters.

Had sushi all over the world, and the sushi in San Francisco beats them all. Even Tokyo.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2013, 03:38:17 AM »
No thanks I'll take a $1.00 taco.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2013, 03:44:31 AM »
gotta love salmon and tuna nigiri

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2013, 03:57:45 AM »
gotta love salmon and tuna nigiri

That does look quite appetizing.

I had sushi the other day, and there was a lady sitting in the next table and she was drowning her delicious looking tuna sushi, rice side-down, in soy sauce with wasabi. And when I say drowning, I'm not joking... After shoveling the soggy, disintegrating rice blob into her mouth, she'd making funny noises. Occasionally, she'd moan "oh, this is so good" between bites, too.

I'm not big on sushi etiquette, and if you prefer to put soy sauce on the rice instead of on the fish, more power to you, but yikes!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2013, 04:05:47 AM »
I love sushi and sashimi. As a matter of fact I made my own as part of my diet (salmon with a little grated horseradish)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2013, 05:31:11 AM »
Jiro Dreams of Sushi

^

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 11:20:24 AM »
Sushi really is the best food, anyone that doesn't like it should be exterminated.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 11:41:19 AM »
I always enjoy it but can't say I crave it.  Washoku is painfully basic sometimes.  After a month there I was ready for something that didn't mind departing from its 'essence' some.  And srsly who wants an udon 3/8" thick?  Apparently they do.

I like sushi or sashimi as a large starter but you can't go past a good pork katsu for a main.  Fry that sucker up Mr Moto.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »
I do NOT trust Sushi from the USA.

I don't trust the Australian cook sushi !
Overpriced ,rice + little bit of fish & salty soy sauce  :P

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2013, 03:46:11 PM »
Oceans roll, eel roll, fatty tuna sashimi, salmon nigiri......yellowtail, too many to list.

At least once a week....

Best sushi ever eaten....Kiev Ukraine.....$300 for 2 people, some rolls topped with black caviar, worth it.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2013, 03:52:17 PM »

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2013, 05:16:49 PM »
i

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2013, 06:42:13 PM »
Yummy!!! I love all kinds of sushi/sashimi...as long as there are no onions  :P yuck! The one thing I hate the most.