Author Topic: Solid advice needed - some POS went through my car last night  (Read 3385 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Solid advice needed - some POS went through my car last night
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2013, 07:46:57 AM »
When I lived in Atlanta, if you worked in the downtown area (or just had to go and park there for any reason) and had to use one of the public parking lots there (in the 5 points area, near the Capital, courthouse, etc..) when you parked your car you would leave the ash tray open, the door to the glove compartment down and the top of the center console up.  That way the crackheads could see there was nothing in there worth wasting their time to break your window for.  If you had tinted windows you would leave them cracked down a bit so they could see in and see that you didn't have shit in there to steal.

Atlanta has been cleaned up majorly since then and the downtown area is very bright, white and all right currently with the po-pos in strong effect all over.  But back then it was cesspool city and car crime was fucking horrible.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2013, 07:58:19 AM »
Sorry about that Cyp.  We've had our cars busted into 5 times. 

Just tell me one thing.  They didn't get the box of soiled manties you ordered from me did they?

Thanks MOS, and no thankfully all 30 pairs were intact and still folded (naturally I put each pair over my head to check none had been replaced with fakes)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2013, 08:03:46 AM »
Lmao

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2013, 08:10:01 AM »
It's the law of the jungle.  Pee all over your car and next time the scent will scare away any thieves.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2013, 08:12:50 AM »
Thanks MOS, and no thankfully all 30 pairs were intact and still folded (naturally I put each pair over my head to check none had been replaced with fakes)

Oh thank heavens!! 

I just thought about the countless hours of lunges, hacks and taint shavings I underwent to perfect those and.....well.....hey.... .at least they're in the eager hands of their rightful owner.

Sniff with pride my friend.....sniff with pride.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2013, 08:13:26 AM »
Some POS crept onto my driveway last night and went through my whole car, turning everything out all over the seats etc. I must have left it unlocked when MrsCyp asked me to bring the shopping bags through to the kitchen.

Anyway, I'm not the kind of guy to feel at ease with that, even though they only stole a jacket - Last time someone tresspassed on my property and stole my road bike, I drove around for 4 weeks watching every bike on the road until I saw the bastard, cut him up and yanked the bike off him amongst other threatening behaviour  ;D Even if the bike was worth £5 i'd do the same thing - PRINCIPLE.

So should I stay up and look out for this scumbag for a couple of nights - maybe even record it for getbig?  ;D

***EDIT - My ID work badge was in the coat pocket!!! so the beta individual knows my name/face/work address/home address/car reg - to many details for my liking

What say you all, let it go?

Listen Cyp, take it from me. I happen to know a bit about this. YES it is very easy to establish credir and steal your identity with very basic information.

Here is what you do:

Cancel your credit cards and checks, make sure you have ordered new ones.

Go to your bank and have your name flagged.

call the credit bureaus and have your name flagged

make a police report.

This will not stop someone from trying to use your id for credit but it will make it harder plus it establishes a time line for you to refute claims if someone does.

sorry to hear some low life got into your car.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2013, 08:20:17 AM »
Thanks bros,

Quick update - was driving home and smelled a funny old man scent, quickly ducked and pulled over to find UKJeff crouching in the back foot well. Apparently I made a post in the OTH diet thread that had an inconsistency with something I posted in 2003 and he wanted to 'just troll' me about it in person!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2013, 12:31:11 PM »
Thanks bros,

Quick update - was driving home and smelled a funny old man scent, quickly ducked and pulled over to find UKJeff crouching in the back foot well. Apparently I made a post in the OTH diet thread that had an inconsistency with something I posted in 2003 and he wanted to 'just troll' me about it in person!

LOL!!

Reminds me of the time my sister left her car unlocked in the driveway one winter night and a homeless man crawled in the backseat to stay warm.  She discovered him the next morning when she was leaving for work and he apologized and quietly got out and left.  But that fucking scent LINGERED for MONTHS.  I mean 3-4 full interior shampoo jobs just beat the initial scent into submission but when summer arrived and it was warming up, you could still catch a whiff of it at times as the spores down in the fabric warmed up.  She sold that car quick as shit then. 

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2013, 12:32:13 PM »
Thanks bros,

;D
T

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2013, 12:40:29 PM »
This is part of the reason I chose to live in Ireland rather than England  :D
P

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2013, 01:15:11 PM »
I saw the bastard, cut him up

Damn June Bug  :o

R

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2013, 01:16:57 PM »
When you park it for the night, unscrew the interior light and leave a bear trap open in the seat.

:D ;D

LOL!!

Reminds me of the time my sister left her car unlocked in the driveway one winter night and a homeless man crawled in the backseat to stay warm.  She discovered him the next morning when she was leaving for work and he apologized and quietly got out and left.  But that fucking scent LINGERED for MONTHS.  I mean 3-4 full interior shampoo jobs just beat the initial scent into submission but when summer arrived and it was warming up, you could still catch a whiff of it at times as the spores down in the fabric warmed up.  She sold that car quick as shit then. 

What am I, hard of smellin?
R

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »
You should leave your car open again and wait in the shadows for the culprit. It may take time, but they will come back knowing they got something off of you.

ukjeff

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2013, 02:23:35 PM »
You should leave your car open again and wait in the shadows for the culprit. It may take time, but they will come back knowing they got something off of you.

Sounds like a plan, sit behind your dustbin with your car unlocked every night for the next 12 months hoping some random guy turns up again and tries to get in the car.

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2013, 02:26:14 PM »
Sounds like a plan, sit behind your dustbin with your car unlocked every night for the next 12 months hoping some random guy turns up again and tries to get in the car.

It will pass the time

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2013, 02:31:35 PM »
Did they steal your registration as well?  Doesn't your work badge just have your photo?  most companies don't put their names on the badge so that if someone stole it they don't actually know which company the badge belongs to.

I hate having to keep my reg in the car.  Some of the biggest scams is people  breaking into cars at long term airport parking lots know that you are on a trip and being able to find out all your info.  

So never leave your reg in your car if you go on a long trip.

If you want to catch the guys.  This time set a trap.  Leave a $100 bill on the seat and your window slightly open and then watch all night.  Criminals are dumb fucks and always look for more scores.  be careful though.  Some of these petty thieves are also the slimiest and will cap a bullet in you out of fear of getting caught.
Yeah, because not sleeping for several nights is really going to do good to your health. These robbers often target areas far away from where they live anyway.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2013, 02:35:09 PM »
Some POS crept onto my driveway last night and went through my whole car, turning everything out all over the seats etc. I must have left it unlocked when MrsCyp asked me to bring the shopping bags through to the kitchen.

Anyway, I'm not the kind of guy to feel at ease with that, even though they only stole a jacket - Last time someone tresspassed on my property and stole my road bike, I drove around for 4 weeks watching every bike on the road until I saw the bastard, cut him up and yanked the bike off him amongst other threatening behaviour  ;D Even if the bike was worth £5 i'd do the same thing - PRINCIPLE.

So should I stay up and look out for this scumbag for a couple of nights - maybe even record it for getbig?  ;D

***EDIT - My ID work badge was in the coat pocket!!! so the beta individual knows my name/face/work address/home address/car reg - to many details for my liking

The guy probably has already thrown out your jacket or sold it. I bet that he threw your ID in the nearest dumpster. He doesnt want your ID, he is afraid of your ID. If he ever gets caught for a crime in the future, and he has your ID on him, the police would use that ID to convict him on burglarizing a car (on top of the charges pertaining to the crime that he originally got busted for).

He will eventually do time in jail/prison. Thats a promise.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »

Not going to help but I d say; who in their right mind leaves important IDs money, wallets, bags in his -open- car?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
I was hoping you'd reply mate, always level headed advice.

Bound to be a crackhead just pulling handles street after street,

Problem is....they knicked my blue felt overcoat and it had my work ID badge in it so they know my name & address & workplace...
Well, if you had a Getbig ID Card, he'd have personally returned it at your doorstep and said "Sorry bro, didn't know you were Getbig affiliated...no harm, right?"

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2013, 03:19:53 PM »
Thanks bros,

;D