Author Topic: Big RAMY! Why he is OVERRATED!!! by Peter McGough  (Read 38322 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Big RAMY! Why he is OVERRATED!!! by Peter McGough
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2013, 08:05:08 PM »
If you had less traps, it would visually make you wider...a horizontal line looks "longer" than one that start horizontal and curves upwards/vertically.

Yes, it does make one look powerful. A thick neck/shoulders (yoke) can be seen in a reg t shirt or dress shirt.

Yes but it's not all about how wide you appear...unless You are narrow and trying to create an illusion. Width, thickness...balanced development.  Blah blah.....LOL

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2013, 10:33:55 PM »
Ramy got a 10 and Vic a 20 , Ramy won with straight firsts. Vic wasn't close
it was from this i got the number 9 for ramy
http://s23.postimg.org/9y7oop1mj/scorecard_menbb.gif

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »
Because I believe that big traps can give the illusion that one is narrow, and a person who is already narrow can look even more so. I looked like a damn arrow, with sloped shoulders. Less trap work, I looked wider, when I was not.

I believe it was Melvin Anthony that pointed this out. And I think Ramy with huge traps would visually take away from his width.

And Shawn ray was competing since he 16-17 yrs old, when he won his Pro card at 21 (?), he had 5 yrs of work put in...plus, I think he had good genetics for that "mature" look.

You are correct about the detail assessment, but many of those 22 yr olds don't have that dense forest of detail, like Dorian, Ronnie, Flex, Munzer, even Federov to an extent.
dorian and the others took way more steroids than a 22 year old that gives thwt grainy rockhsrd look

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2013, 10:46:11 PM »

Agreed man, I don't really get that argument.

(ps Would hit)
yeah with bigger traps he would still lool so much wider than the rest when he is standing besides them when he is competing

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2013, 10:49:19 PM »
yeah with bigger traps he would still lool so much wider than the rest when he is standing besides them when he is competing

I get where Parker is coming from.  But if you aren't on the narrow side it's irrelevant. Big traps are an asset.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2013, 12:45:12 AM »
big everything is an asset... 2013 and people still buy into the 'sculpt the body' bullshit schumcle joe was trying to sell 50yrs ago

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2013, 02:07:22 AM »
I get where Parker is coming from.  But if you aren't on the narrow side it's irrelevant. Big traps are an asset.
yeah me to but it wont change a thing when he stands on the stage besides as you say he will look more power full

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2013, 12:12:40 AM »
Sherief Where are you?  ;D  ;)

Factor Four: The Devil’s In The Details In my opinion Ramy wasn’t 100 per cent dialed in in New York He wasn’t bone dry which made him unable to exhibit rock hard muscle: It seemed there was a slight blurriness caused by a thin film of water. We didn’t see the sort of detail that is needed for a top six Olympia spot. Some pundits are of the opinion that if Ramy drops ten pounds then look out Phil Heath. On the other hand dropping ten pounds won’t give him more back thickness, better calves and hams and cross striations in his thighs. It may be that Heathlike detail is not there to be mined out. Like most factors in bodybuilding the bottom line is genetics: you either have that feathery type detail embedded in the muscles or you don’t. Training another few years will enable muscle maturity to kick in and improve separation, but it won’t unearth crazy detail if it’s not inherent in the genes. To defeat a Mr. Olympia history proves you have to beat him at his own game or wait for his decline. Phil’s Heath game is packing his physique with more detail than we’ve seen before: He’s the Devil with the details everyone else has to get past. In viewing the top four at last year’s Olympia (in order Phil Heath, Kai Greene, Shawn Rhoden, Dexter Jackson) they all would appear to have Ramy beaten in the detail department.

as i said you repeat what the "experts" of the magazines say without thinking.. this mccough is an asshole to see that ramy needs more years of training to mature his mucsles and define them  ::).. ramy only needs a better diet plan before the contest to improve his already good condition and reach the level of SOME other top pros who are better than him in condition but worse than him in many other things like size and shape..

ramy's lack of clear flaws makes haters concentrate on whatever weak points he has and show them as the most important thing to win.. now after ramy appeared big calves have become very important and a must.. anderias munzer condition has become a must to be mr. olympia ::)... well in ronnie's era he was off in certain years years and lacked some necessary details and no one really complained.. he had no calves at all and no one talked about them seriously.. because it was not an important muscle then lol..

ramy has it all to become the next big dominant champ and this is against a lot of fans wish so mr. mccough the big expert is trying to prepare the ppl that ramy wont take the top place that he deserves.. that's how i see it..

missile

« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2013, 12:17:12 AM »
BIG RAMY TOP 3

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2013, 03:51:25 AM »
quit getting your knickers in a bunch...the dude won a contest, and much hype is about him,
Just another person of African descent competing...
And just another big man with big hype. Maybe you want to go look at when Federov came on the scene. Much was said and dismissed about him.

Plus, if anything, the powers that be want the Arab money to come in, Ramy and his hype is good for business...
you really cant compare Rami with any one in the history of bodybuilding let alone Federov.the only guy i can imagine to compare with Rami would be Math Mendenhall.there is difference between making the splash in pro circuit or actually having the true potential to win it.Matt did not wind up well too bad for bodybuilding let see where Rami end up.
big guys in power are not stupid they will take full advantage of his hype around the world specially in mid-east to sell their Mags and supp crap to kids while making sure to build enough excuse through douches like Peter to keep him from winning the Olympia...one thing people love more than a hero is to see hero fail fall die tryiing...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2013, 04:41:46 AM »
you really cant compare Rami with any one in the history of bodybuilding let alone Federov.the only guy i can imagine to compare with Rami would be Math Mendenhall.there is difference between making the splash in pro circuit or actually having the true potential to win it.Matt did not wind up well too bad for bodybuilding let see where Rami end up.
big guys in power are not stupid they will take full advantage of his hype around the world specially in mid-east to sell their Mags and supp crap to kids while making sure to build enough excuse through douches like Peter to keep him from winning the Olympia...one thing people love more than a hero is to see hero fail fall die tryiing...
Well, you are wrong...Ramy is the latest in a long line of Big Men. Genetically, in terms of shape, he is not better than Dillett, and from the front Dillett is better. Ramy's back is better than Dillett's.
Gunter and Ruhl are next up, both monsterous, but with flaws. Gunter's shape was odd, with a wide waist, good back detail, arms, calves. I said before that Ramy would beat him, but I as I think now, it maybe a toss up---it depends on what judge Gunter smiles at the most!
Ruhl--the same rub on Ruhl as Ramy. Suspect delts. But Ruhl was freaky everywhere else and had better presence. Except he lacked triceps that balanced out his biceps.
Next up would be Fux (going backwards a little). Minus Fux's big belly, he had what Ramy didn't have, polish, and presence. Next up, Marko...I have Marko beating Ramy as well. Then Federov, a toss up, but Federov had that back asymmetry and a effed up chest.

Another guy who is not mentioned, Toney Freeman, Toney Freeman at his best would beat Ramy. Better genetics, and has great poise, and presence for a big man.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2013, 04:53:51 AM »
What do you mean with better polish parker?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2013, 05:14:31 AM »
as i said you repeat what the "experts" of the magazines say without thinking.. this mccough is an asshole to see that ramy needs more years of training to mature his mucsles and define them  ::).. ramy only needs a better diet plan before the contest to improve his already good condition and reach the level of SOME other top pros who are better than him in condition but worse than him in many other things like size and shape..

ramy's lack of clear flaws makes haters concentrate on whatever weak points he has and show them as the most important thing to win.. now after ramy appeared big calves have become very important and a must.. anderias munzer condition has become a must to be mr. olympia ::)... well in ronnie's era he was off in certain years years and lacked some necessary details and no one really complained.. he had no calves at all and no one talked about them seriously.. because it was not an important muscle then lol..

ramy has it all to become the next big dominant champ and this is against a lot of fans wish so mr. mccough the big expert is trying to prepare the ppl that ramy wont take the top place that he deserves.. that's how i see it..

I didn't repeat shit from any magazine. In fact I said this before McGough ever did and it's just sweet to have what I did say confirmed by one of the best in the business  8) This proves one of us knows what they are talking about and the other doesn't  ;)

Ramy's problem isn't conditioning , it just isn't. It's the fact he's a ' natural ' and gained so much size so quickly. He's a diamond in the rough and needs to be polished into the final product. The reason he may not have the ' muscle maturity ' is probably because he only focused on getting huge and concentrated on power movements and mass building.

Ramy has flaws you can't see them because you would have to take your head out of his ass. It's ironic I said what was exactly wrong with Ramy and McGough confirmed almost everything I said lol  :D after the fact too that's the best part.

And you can't compare Ramy to Ronnie because Ronnie had so much more to offer so his calves were bypassed. Ramy has a lot of rough size and has a small waist he has a lot of improvement he needs to do because he can become a threat.

Of course you see it this way , because 1) you're emotionally invested in Ramy because he's Arab 2) because as usual you don't know what you're talking about. You remind me of all these morons who kept screaming about how Wolf was the next big thing and he was Mr Olympia and he was robbed. It's clueless people like you who are always offering up excuses for when your hero loses and it's usually in the form of conspiracy theories

I will say this Ramy does have the potential to be a legit threat to Heath if he works on his MUSCLE MATURITY on refining his physique. systematically working on all of his apparent flaws until they are no longer there or he can try and pose around them. I know why you're excited about him he's a genetic lottery winner for sure but this sport is littered with people with exceptional genetics who never managed to do anything with them.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2013, 05:16:41 AM »
What do you mean with better polish parker?
The oils used to shine them up!
Polish as in their over all look, including presentation...the 90s to early 2000s competitors had a different look. Better separation and muscle quality...it's like a real Ferrari vs a kit car, the kit car seems "off". And some are good and fool people, but if you know what to look for, you can see it. The devil is in the details.
Also, look who their standard was. Dorian and Ronnie Coleman. You have to beat the standard in order to BE the standard.

For instance, Flex Wheeler as a Rookie had better polish to him than his carbon copy Melvin Anthony, when he was a rookie. And Phil Heath had better polish to him as a Rookie than Richard Jones or Ramy did as rookies.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2013, 05:25:15 AM »
The oils used to shine them up!
Polish as in their over all look, including presentation...the 90s to early 2000s competitors had a different look. Better separation and muscle quality...it's like a real Ferrari vs a kit car, the kit car seems "off". And some are good and fool people, but if you know what to look for, you can see it. The devil is in the details.
Also, look who their standard was. Dorian and Ronnie Coleman. You have to beat the standard in order to BE the standard.

For instance, Flex Wheeler as a Rookie had better polish to him than his carbon copy Melvin Anthony, when he was a rookie. And Phil Heath had better polish to him as a Rookie than Richard Jones or Ramy did as rookies.
aah ok now  i understand what you mean makes sense

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2013, 07:57:55 AM »
people here talking about detail are not understanding the full picture here. One of the biggest critique we have on the judges is that they are rewarding sheer size and conditioning over aesthetics and details, while that may be true, it may not be intentional.

The judges reward what they see and at 13 rows back how can they see aesthetics? they can not (at least not as much) they will see dimensions and proportions, a 300lb man with a small waist, wide shoulders and flaring quad sweep is in the utter most favor of the judges due to where they are sitting, nearly 50 feet away, Ramy benefits over everyone

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2013, 08:17:06 AM »
I didn't repeat shit from any magazine. In fact I said this before McGough ever did and it's just sweet to have what I did say confirmed by one of the best in the business  8) This proves one of us knows what they are talking about and the other doesn't  ;)

Ramy's problem isn't conditioning , it just isn't. It's the fact he's a ' natural ' and gained so much size so quickly. He's a diamond in the rough and needs to be polished into the final product. The reason he may not have the ' muscle maturity ' is probably because he only focused on getting huge and concentrated on power movements and mass building.

Ramy has flaws you can't see them because you would have to take your head out of his ass. It's ironic I said what was exactly wrong with Ramy and McGough confirmed almost everything I said lol  :D after the fact too that's the best part.

And you can't compare Ramy to Ronnie because Ronnie had so much more to offer so his calves were bypassed. Ramy has a lot of rough size and has a small waist he has a lot of improvement he needs to do because he can become a threat.

Of course you see it this way , because 1) you're emotionally invested in Ramy because he's Arab 2) because as usual you don't know what you're talking about. You remind me of all these morons who kept screaming about how Wolf was the next big thing and he was Mr Olympia and he was robbed. It's clueless people like you who are always offering up excuses for when your hero loses and it's usually in the form of conspiracy theories

I will say this Ramy does have the potential to be a legit threat to Heath if he works on his MUSCLE MATURITY on refining his physique. systematically working on all of his apparent flaws until they are no longer there or he can try and pose around them. I know why you're excited about him he's a genetic lottery winner for sure but this sport is littered with people with exceptional genetics who never managed to do anything with them.

Ha ha ha... what a load of shit.   

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2013, 08:38:29 AM »
people here talking about detail are not understanding the full picture here. One of the biggest critique we have on the judges is that they are rewarding sheer size and conditioning over aesthetics and details, while that may be true, it may not be intentional.

The judges reward what they see and at 13 rows back how can they see aesthetics? they can not (at least not as much) they will see dimensions and proportions, a 300lb man with a small waist, wide shoulders and flaring quad sweep is in the utter most favor of the judges due to where they are sitting, nearly 50 feet away, Ramy benefits over everyone
Ahh, we don't like today's judges. We don't like like people don't think for themselves. We dont like people who JUSTIFY their poor decisions. We don't like people with this mentality because people of said ilk have ruined bodybuilding. In short, people of said ilk should be crucified upside down and used as urinals for the likes of Derrick Anthony.

If any of you judges had any testicular fortitude you'd stick to the "rules" that are set down, and never deviate from that. And if certain judges do, then they should be punished---either sanctioned or lose their judging priviledge

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2013, 12:05:15 PM »
Ahh, we don't like today's judges. We don't like like people don't think for themselves. We dont like people who JUSTIFY their poor decisions. We don't like people with this mentality because people of said ilk have ruined bodybuilding. In short, people of said ilk should be crucified upside down and used as urinals for the likes of Derrick Anthony.

If any of you judges had any testicular fortitude you'd stick to the "rules" that are set down, and never deviate from that. And if certain judges do, then they should be punished---either sanctioned or lose their judging priviledge
this is not the way the world turns, criteria's are written and then they evolve or maybe in this case they devolve but either way times change and for what ever reason the directions change as well.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2013, 12:07:35 PM »
this is not the way the world turns, criteria's are written and then they evolve or maybe in this case they devolve but either way times change and for what ever reason the directions change as well.
Then why have a criteria? Or is this what you would call covering your bases?
Tis the reason why America is going down the shitter, and bodybuilding is a prime example of such.
Quality control...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2013, 12:08:33 PM »
Then why have a criteria? Or is this what you would call covering your bases?
Tis the reason why America is going down the shitter, and bodybuilding is a prime example of such.
Quality control...
hey, on this one I agree with you  :)

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2013, 02:37:56 PM »

How does one "work" on their "muscle maturity"? Are there certain exercises or rep scheme that will mature your muscles? Any special diet or particular foods that will mature your muscles?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2013, 02:43:31 PM »
There's no such thing as muscle maturity. There's only more muscle, less muscle, more water, less water, more fat, less fat. That's it.

You cannot pinpoint to any biological characteristic of "mature" muscle because there is none.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2013, 03:02:40 PM »
There's no such thing as muscle maturity. There's only more muscle, less muscle, more water, less water, more fat, less fat. That's it.

You cannot pinpoint to any biological characteristic of "mature" muscle because there is none.
http://www.warriorfx.com/2008/09/what-is-muscle-maturity/

For some reason, I remember hearing about a study that stated that humans muscles tended to reach maturation in the late 30s to mid 40s. I cannot find it, it was on some news station.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2013, 03:14:28 PM »
How does one "work" on their "muscle maturity"? Are there certain exercises or rep scheme that will mature your muscles? Any special diet or particular foods that will mature your muscles?

It's not an aging process it's an appearance of the muscles . Like when Arnold first came to the U.S. he was huge but unrefined and he started to focus more to refine his physique

Guys like Shawn Ray had fantastic ' muscle maturity ' despite being 20 it's an appearance , it looked like he'd been bodybuilding for decades when in fact he wasn't