Author Topic: High-fat diet negatively impacts satiety, study says  (Read 1614 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
High-fat diet negatively impacts satiety, study says
« on: September 20, 2013, 08:45:55 AM »

Australian researchers found that long-term exposure to a high-fat diet desensitizes stomach nerves that send satiety signals, suggesting that people who indulged in such foods for an extended period would have to eat more to attain similar feelings of fullness compared with those of healthy people. The findings published in the International Journal of Obesity may explain why dieters tend to regain weight following weight loss.

http://www.biospectrumasia.com/biospectrum/news/195812/why-dieters-regain-weight-losing

Purge_WTF

Re: High-fat diet negatively impacts satiety, study says
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 06:19:12 AM »
I feel better and more inclined to stick to a diet that emphasizes fat over carbs.

Beef, milk and peanut butter are staples for me.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 06:34:38 AM »
I feel better and more inclined to stick to a diet that emphasizes fat over carbs.

Beef, milk and peanut butter are staples for me.

Same here.  

Australian researchers found that long-term exposure to a high-fat diet desensitizes stomach nerves that send satiety signals, suggesting that people who indulged in such foods for an extended period would have to eat more to attain similar feelings of fullness compared with those of healthy people. The findings published in the International Journal of Obesity may explain why dieters tend to regain weight following weight loss.

http://www.biospectrumasia.com/biospectrum/news/195812/why-dieters-regain-weight-losing

In the presence of high carbs?
A

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 06:40:05 AM »
The researchers have not been able to establish whether the effect was permanent or just long-lasting. The research was first published in the International Journal of Obesity.