Author Topic: Generation Iron - My review of it (spoiler alert)  (Read 7993 times)

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
Re: My review of Generation Iron (spoiler alert)
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 07:08:49 PM »
what no coverage of your hero and his towel parties? you must be so dissapointed

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »
Ben Pakulski ? seriously, I'm not watching that shit.
What? He gives birth in this...

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 07:30:03 PM »
What? He gives birth in this...

GENERATION IRON NOTHINGNESS

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 07:33:26 PM »
You really can't compare the movies outside of the fact they are about bodybuilding IMO. I own and have seen Pumping Iron countless times. It's a classic. The aura of this film is much different. It's very dramatic which is a good thing. It has some funny moments but overall dramatic. I don't think I can rate it fairly because of my no homo feelings about Kai and how it portrayed him as the protagonist and Phil as the Diva. That alone I give it a 10. lol.

As a bodybuilding film, I'd give it rating right below Pumping Iron. You're not going to see much better than this. I really enjoyed Mickey Rourke narrating.

I was being a bit vague in my question, sorry bro. I should clarify: say chiro flex's girlfriend was out with her nurse friends one night and chiro flex was home alone with a fresh copy of Generation Iron. Is this film sufficient J.O. Material for a lover of iron warriors like you and me or not so much?

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 07:37:33 PM »
Great review, Wiggs!

Everyone go see it!
A

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 07:39:28 PM »
Great review, Wiggs!

Everyone go see it!

Do you think Phil is as big of a bitch IRL as he comes across as?

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »
Do you think Phil is as big of a bitch IRL as he comes across as?

I think they played that up a lot. He's not THAT bad, but I don't know Phil as well as I know most guys.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2013, 08:26:57 PM »
I think they played that up a lot. He's not THAT bad, but I don't know Phil as well as I know most guys.
I think Phil is cocky, remember he's like Flex Wheeler except he had Jay as his guidance counselor, and now no guidance counselor to rein him in.
But, he is today's era champ, which means that Baller attitude. And I think they played that up, just like with Pumping Iron.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2013, 08:39:17 PM »

Thanks bro.

PS: superdmz2.0 kicks ass.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2013, 08:43:48 PM »
Someone said that Cutler was so boring during the filming of this thing that the Director didn't even want to have him in the movie....Any truth to that?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2013, 08:49:09 PM »
Thanks bro.

Dimethazyne ?

Dry...wet ?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2013, 08:51:08 PM »
Dimethazyne ?

Dry...wet ?

Dry! Hardly any/ no aromatization. Other guys have compared to Anavar but I've never tried var so I can't comment. But SDMZ2.0 is fucking solid. Bigmc will vouch for it as well, he made a thread on it. Extremely low toxicity too.

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2013, 08:53:17 PM »
Thanks bro.

Haha! Thank you!
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2013, 08:57:11 PM »
Dry! Hardly any/ no aromatization. Other guys have compared to Anavar but I've never tried var so I can't comment. But SDMZ2.0 is fucking solid. Bigmc will vouch for it as well, he made a thread on it. Extremely low toxicity too.

Ya he pmed me about it. ..sounds good. lately I throw a dry oral on top of my tren and I find PHs fit the bill perfectly.

That pic I just posted I was on this stuff...solo.  best PH I've ever taken

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2013, 09:07:27 PM »
Overall it was very well put together. It was surprisingly good even if you're not a fan, you'll be intrigued. It obviously centers around Phil, Kai, Branch, Wolf, Victor, Hide, Ben Pakulski, and Roelly and Grandma. Jay, Arnold, Lou and others make appearances.

In this film you finally see Phil Heath for what he is, a Diva and an arrogant asshole. This has been said before by other IFBB Pros. It's not hidden at all. Phil really shines as the Diva and prick he is.

Kai is portrayed as the perennial underdog. He's actually the protagonist of the film. They talk about his being abandoned and growing up in orphanages and how he found bodybuilding. He's portrayed very well. In addition, the last year's "Line stepping-gate" is shown. There's obvious tension between Phil and Kai and this film definitely addresses it.

Ben talks so much shit about Phil as a person its "Getbiggerish". So props to Ben on that on not being shy about his feelings on the narrow one.  Ben uses a different approach to bodybuilding not seen through the use of sports doctors. His portion focuses alot on that.

Branch, oh boy. So much Getbig material. Branch is Branch. He talks about his approach to bodybuilding, of course there's training footage with Johnny Jackson and time with his family and Branch falls off a horse which I'm sure will be "gif'd" here for months.

Because of the European connection most of Wolf's material was parallelled with Arnold. Including an absolutely horrendous audition for an acting part.

Hide's focus was on him being small and Japanese and how his family doesn't accept it and how he's trying to show you don't have to be a Kai sized guy to be a good bodybuilder.

Vic, as we all know has the worst luck. It shows. His time from recently incarcerated is addressed, his autistic children, he climb back to be competitive and gym time.

The story of Roelly and Grandma is told and how he got into bodybuilding and it follows him as he's trying to qualify for the O.

Overall very well done, there's stuff I left out I don't want to totally spoil it but this is the jist. I'll definitely be seeing it again and I can't wait till that Diva Phil get's destroyed next week. He said some harsh shit about Kai. narrow fucker.  >:(

phil is good looking (no homo), trained less than 10 years, 2x mr o, and rich. get over it he can act any way he wants

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2013, 09:34:41 PM »
What about drugs ? The usual "hard work and aminos" bullshit, or honesty ?
it's called generation "iron", not generation steroids, what do you expect.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2013, 09:42:14 PM »
Good review Wiggs. Also good to hear they captured the true Phil, the one we always suspected him to be.

Glad you saw it, and enjoyed it. 

As for Phil, they are playing it for the movie, showing different aspects of how bodybuilders train in various ways.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2013, 10:21:17 PM »
What about drugs ? The usual "hard work and aminos" bullshit, or honesty ?

Drugs were talked about but not in great detail. Just about them and their role in bodybuilding.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2013, 10:22:17 PM »
Tell us about the post credits Mike Katz cameo Wiggs?

I didn't want to ruin for people but stay after the credits.  :D

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2013, 10:34:45 PM »
Phil = arrogant diva

Arnold = arrogant diva = Legend

Intredasting.

Yeah but Arnold made you smile and enjoy it. Totally different, we have yet to see anyone in bodybuilding come close to Arnold's charisma. The closest IMHO is the Rock, the rock has a shit load of charisma like Arnold you'd love to meet him. These others I personally could care care less. Maybe jay but he's still way under the above 2

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Re: Generation Iron - My review of it (spoiler alert)
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2013, 10:49:35 PM »
Any towels in this movie?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2013, 10:54:17 PM »
Yeah but Arnold made you smile and enjoy it. Totally different, we have yet to see anyone in bodybuilding come close to Arnold's charisma. The closest IMHO is the Rock, the rock has a shit load of charisma like Arnold you'd love to meet him. These others I personally could care care less. Maybe jay but he's still way under the above 2

I laugh my balls off when I watch Pumping Iron. He just doesn't give a fuck  ;D

MikMaq

Wanna see generation Iron tomorrow.
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2013, 05:51:14 PM »
How the flip  can their only be two showings in a city of 6 million?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Generation Iron - My review of it (spoiler alert)
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2013, 06:56:07 PM »
Saw it today.  I went in there expecting a POS, but it wasn't too bad.  

I always thought Heath was an egotistical asshole and this movie bolstered that for me.  He lives at/beyond his means and has a high maintenance wife.  I see Heath eventually losing everything, including this years O.  I predict that wife of his will divorce him in the near future and wipe him out financially.  

Even with Kai's grapefruit/towel antics, I found myself routing for him.  He was portrayed as the against all odds underdog.  

Branch is just Branch.  He trains like a bozo.  It was surprising to see him get bucked off that horse.

Wolf has some funny/awkward moments.

Roelly's stuff wasn't bad.  The banter between him and Grandma was entertaining.

Go see the matinee to avoid paying full price.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2013, 07:24:48 PM »

Funny you mention DMZ. My buddy is using it and is raving about it. I had some plain dymethazine and have recently gotten back in the gym so started using 30 mgs daily. All I can say is WOW!! Getting very big and no sides at all. Maybe will try the mega DMZ.