Author Topic: Best chest builder  (Read 12215 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Best chest builder
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »

what's your PR on each lift? and do you pull conventional or sumo?

and here's some hot asians for ya ma man

nice

i don't do pissing contests anymore... high enough

i have always pulled conventionally in comps but have pulled sumo as part of training

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 10:54:24 PM »
I have a terrible chest and have never really tried to develop it but I "feel" the chest most with the dips that allow me to get the greatest range of motion and a close grip incline bench. I'll let you know how I get on in a few months

Flies, whatever the equipment or angle never really felt shit. Not even a pump. If I want a pump I just crank out a few 20 rep sets with dumbbell bench presses

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2013, 01:34:14 AM »
If I had to choose one movement for chest and do it until the end of time, it would be the incline barbell press.  Hands down, the most important chest exercise in my personal chest workout.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »
Always loved heavy weighted dips but I've fucked up my shoulders from doing them.

Dumbell press is my next best option.

same here. My DS had the largest pecs I've ever seen and he said all he does is push ups. Literally watched him crank out 100 with a recruit standing on his back.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 08:45:48 AM »
same here. My DS had the largest pecs I've ever seen and he said all he does is push ups. Literally watched him crank out 100 with a recruit standing on his back.
i agree push ups i love too. I do them after 4 hard sets of Dips and it really hits my pecs  ;D i then do a few sets of flys... push ups with feet raised,close,wide ...great exercise

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 12:55:19 PM »
i would say hands down that decline db presses are the best for chest. i use to never do them and decided to try them a couple months ago and have made some good improvements

I recently started doing them too and also noticed some improvement and I just really like the way they feel and not stress on the shoulders

I've been working out for 30 years and never did this exercise (neither bb or db)

I still do incline BB first in most workouts but then instead of going to incline DB is I started doing decline DB (with just a slight decline) and it feels really good and you get a great stretch and contraction at the top.   

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 10:54:38 AM »
I too have shoulder issues with flat bench and dips but incline and push up seem to work just fine. If I want to put more emphasis on my lower pecs I'll incline my body with feet on the floor and have my 10yr old sit on my shoulders the do 2-3 sets to failure. works really well to be honest

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »
I too have shoulder issues with flat bench and dips but incline and push up seem to work just fine. If I want to put more emphasis on my lower pecs I'll incline my body with feet on the floor and have my 10yr old sit on my shoulders the do 2-3 sets to failure. works really well to be honest

Decline press is great ;) and safe for shoulders

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 07:24:04 PM »
If you could only do 1 chest exercise.. what would you do ? For me Parallel Bar Dips.
(30 degree) incline smith machine presses

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 12:49:09 AM »
Decline BB for me. As some others have already said, seems to be the only bench press I can get away with out shoulder pain. Sticking with BB at the moment to try and get my strength back up a bit, but DB hits them very well too.
No doubt about it...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 04:38:51 PM »
It seems so many eventually have shoulder issues with the flat and incline barbell press. Dumbbells are safer but the decline just takes off the stress off the that shoulder tendon. I just could never do that exercise on my own. I would hate to get stuck by myself. It seems conventional wisdom says inclines for the upper chest and declines for lower. Personally when I think of the kinesiology of how the pecs function they are fully working upper and lower in the decline which I know goes against common bro science.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 04:43:10 PM »
Personally when I think of the kinesiology of how the pecs function they are fully working upper and lower in the decline which I know goes against common bro science.

I've always believed similar about dips. I feel dips in the lower pec area, but also at the pec-delt tie-in, which is considered upper chest area.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2013, 09:40:18 AM »

I've always believed similar about dips. I feel dips in the lower pec area, but also at the pec-delt tie-in, which is considered upper chest area.
I find decline+dips are outstanding ;D I FEEL my chest. Not just pumping a heavy bar off my chest. Barbell flat press is a chest ex true but over rated. When i Train chest with Dips,push ups, flat flyes my upper chest is also sore the next day.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2013, 09:51:04 AM »
Thread Over

Kurt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »
Favorite.... incline dumbell press
 I mix up every workout, but always incorporate them.
Dips are my 2nd favorite chest exercise. 

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2013, 05:39:56 PM »
Superset flat bench flyes for high reps- 12-15 reps - with low rep weighted dips, say 50's for flyes and a top set of four 45's strapped to my dipping belt, great pump on the last set with max weight and reps combined, but it can be hell on the shoulder girdle so I do it every other week for heavy chest work.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2013, 06:37:49 PM »
Favorite.... incline dumbell press
 I mix up every workout, but always incorporate them.
Dips are my 2nd favorite chest exercise. 
x2,,staple in my chest workouts each week..