Author Topic: 2013 Olympia - Congratulations Phil ' The Gift ' Heath on your 3rd Straight  (Read 12869 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Congratulations Phil ' The Gift ' Heath on your 3rd Straight Mr Olympia
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2013, 10:21:48 AM »
Where are the Cutler pics?

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2013, 10:29:25 AM »
Ain't my judging criteria. It is what it is. I can accept this. I was like you bitching and moaning back in 1993 when Dorian won , I couldn't fathom how he beat Flex Wheeler , couldn't figure out why it wasn't at least close. Then I learned how contests were judged and then I realized how wrong I was.

There is what you want to win and what the judges want. try and look at it from a judges perspective and not you're own. 

apples and oranges

dorian was wider, harder, more mature, and so maybe better than flex

narrow phil in comparison to wolf is more like flex, but much worse of course

you completly mix up two comparisons

maybe you also like branch and jay?

should they also beat wolf in your opinion?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2013, 10:35:11 AM »
apples and oranges

Wolf should place ahead of Branch and Jay. Hell, no body can figure out his Branch won two Arnold classics and how Jay won over Chris Cormier twice at the Arnold. Gifts? Now those are gifts.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2013, 10:36:14 AM »
God-damn! :D
Well-played!
And he got quiet after that, he may even change what he has under his avatar.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2013, 10:39:59 AM »
apples and oranges

I was actually comparing who I thought should have won compared to who did. The problem wasn't with the judging it was with me understanding what was being judged.

I think Wolf is 3rd could be 2nd but he's not beating Phil.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2013, 10:49:29 AM »
Phil is winning easily right now. It would take a miracle for him to lose now.

And that is coming from a huge kai fan ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2013, 10:51:15 AM »
I was actually comparing who I thought should have won compared to who did. The problem wasn't with the judging it was with me understanding what was being judged.

i know what you wanted to say

but your comparison was completly retarded because you mixed things up like appel and oranges

get it wolf must be the winner to have a less emabrassing no 1 bodybuilder to the public

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »

and what exactly was the "problem" with your understanding?

why did you decide your viewpoint was unworthy, and start championing the views of aging homosexuals?

???

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2013, 11:12:34 AM »
I wish Wolf would win. Hes a mellow, appreciative and humble guy. No drama.... No Diva attitude. Bummer.
X2.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2013, 11:29:06 AM »
He started becoming an aging homosexual himself  :D

lmao ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2013, 01:06:44 PM »
and what exactly was the "problem" with your understanding?

why did you decide your viewpoint was unworthy, and start championing the views of aging homosexuals?

???

If that were the case Kai Greene would be your 20X Mr Olympia  :-X  :-X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2013, 01:10:44 PM »
i know what you wanted to say

but your comparison was completly retarded because you mixed things up like appel and oranges

get it wolf must be the winner to have a less emabrassing no 1 bodybuilder to the public

Less embarrassing to the public? The public doesn't care about this sport. The absolute ONLY way ever to get this sport acceptable to the general public it has to be 100% drug free and that's never happening.

Average Joe thinks of steroids when it thinks of this sport and that's all.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2013, 01:14:57 PM »
Dennis smothers Phil in a blanket of far more aesthetic mass.  That, my friends is why they pulled Heath away (not out of) the lineup.  

Heath is second place.  Dennis deserves to win this year's Olympia.  He will represent bodybuilding far better than Phil, especially if the powers that be realize that what they have here is (albeit via Russia) something of an association to the Oak.  If Dennis stands tall during the evening show, doesn't squat down when he poses but instead holds himself high and accentuates his height and width, he will literally overwhelm the rest of the lineup of small men masquerading as big boys.  

If he can pull it off, he needs to throw a few trademark Arnold shots into his routine and the pose down session.  The three-quarter back for example.  That would show the world he is the heir to the thrown of the Oak, the Myth and the other greats of the past.

Phil is good.  Dennis is better. Once  more gentlemen, with feeling...The wolf at the top of this hill, is Dennis.

If not 1st, which i seriously doubt to ifbb politics then definitely 2nd or 3rd. Only thing that hurts Dennis right now is that he is not as dry as phil, his glutes are not as striated and no calves.

all drugs - TPPIIP

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2013, 01:16:48 PM »
He started becoming an aging homosexual himself  :D

Another ' straight ' guy on a bodybuilding website who is overly concerned with other peoples sexuality because their favorite muscle man didn't win   :-X what's on your mind?

If the judges were all gay Kai would be a shoe-in

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2013, 01:22:28 PM »
Less embarrassing to the public? The public doesn't care about this sport. The absolute ONLY way ever to get this sport acceptable to the general public it has to be 100% drug free and that's never happening.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say avg joe is prob right on this one :D

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2013, 01:23:35 PM »

I agree with you a lot of times but sometimes you're just full of shit. The average Joe doesn't know shit. What they'd want is certainly less drugs and physiques they could somehow relate to even if it's on a idealistic level. Right now, it's to most people's eyes just a freak show. A lot of people couldn't spot a guy on juice even if they saw him injecting his butt cheeks live. Ever talked to average joes about professional sport. Most of them, even educated, think a 6,7ft 240 pounds of pure muscle athlete that jumps higher than Dick Fosbury, runs faster than Jesse Owens and averages a semi-marathon any given Sunday is natural.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »
I agree with you a lot of times but sometimes you're just full of shit. The average Joe doesn't know shit. What they'd want is certainly less drugs and physiques they could somehow relate to even if it's on a idealistic level. Right now, it's to most people's eyes just a freak show. A lot of people couldn't spot a guy on juice even if they saw him injecting his butt cheeks live. Ever talked to average joes about professional sport. Most of them, even educated, think a 6,7ft 240 pounds of pure muscle athlete that jumps higher than Dick Fosbury, runs faster than Jesse Owens and averages a semi-marathon any given Sunday is natural.

Not anymore, since the baseball roid scandal. Most people I talk to now are convinced ALL athletes are juicing.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2013, 01:30:50 PM »

Wait a moment , you're honestly trying to tell me the perception of the average person on the street when shown ANY professional bodybuilder is not automatically steroids?

The average person doesn't know how far the rabbit hole goes to in sports , I could understand them looking at Lance Armstrong and not thinking that. But maybe I didn't  make myself clear. The general perception of when the average person see a picture of a professional bodybuilder is ' steroids ' and not much more.

The ONLY way to try and market the sport to the general public is remove steroids because they already have a negative connotation attached to them. That's never going to happen so trying to cater to the general public when picking a Mr Olympia is the least the judges should be concerned about. 

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2013, 01:31:02 PM »
Not anymore, since the baseball roid scandal. Most people I talk to now are convinced ALL athletes are juicing.

Well, I'm from the other side of the Atlantic and people think soccer players, tennismen, athletes of all sorts are natural. All of them. And how come that baseball scandal happened and nothing in the NFL, NHL, NBA? Don't get me wrong, I think those guys should be allowed to juice to a certain extent 'cause nobody wants to see "natural" sports. But WTF? If MLB is roided up then what the hell is the NFL?

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2013, 01:38:29 PM »
Wait a moment , you're honestly trying to tell me the perception of the average person on the street when shown ANY professional bodybuilder is not automatically steroids?

The average person doesn't know how far the rabbit hole goes to in sports , I could understand them looking at Lance Armstrong and not thinking that. But maybe I didn't  make myself clear. The general perception of when the average person see a picture of a professional bodybuilder is ' steroids ' and not much more.

The ONLY way to try and market the sport to the general public is remove steroids because they already have a negative connotation attached to them. That's never going to happen so trying to cater to the general public when picking a Mr Olympia is the least the judges should be concerned about. 

As there's very little hardcore gyms in my neck of the woods, I've worked out in many different gyms, talked to many different people, etc....Most people will spot a heavy juicer of course. A lot of them will actually not see the signs of juicing on guys with bad response, poor training habits but that you would spot on the basis of certain things. But one thing I've seen is that no one has ever had that "It's all steroids" reaction when seeing Bbers like Labrada, DeMey, Paris, Zane, etc... There's a notion of aesthetics that has been completely evacuated from Bbing judging.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2013, 01:45:10 PM »
Well, I'm from the other side of the Atlantic and people think soccer players, tennismen, athletes of all sorts are natural. All of them. And how come that baseball scandal happened and nothing in the NFL, NHL, NBA? Don't get me wrong, I think those guys should be allowed to juice to a certain extent 'cause nobody wants to see "natural" sports. But WTF? If MLB is roided up then what the hell is the NFL?

I'm sure it's just as prevalent in the NFL (probably moreso). Not sure why they haven't had the blow up like MLB, maybe they're waiting on a whistleblower.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2013, 01:48:12 PM »
If that were the case Kai Greene would be your 20X Mr Olympia  :-X  :-X
What the fuck?!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2013, 02:09:40 PM »
  If Wolf only had calves.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2013, 02:29:01 PM »
People are just going to have to wrap their head around the fact that Phil Heath is the best bodybuilder right now...because he is.

Haha i agree , I don't get all the hate for Phil