Author Topic: 2013 Olympia - Phil Heath - he is a true champion  (Read 5249 times)

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
2013 Olympia - Phil Heath - he is a true champion
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:52:57 PM »
I know many people do not like him in here but in my eyes he has proven to be a true champion.

Having a wife battling cancer and trying to prepare yourself and focus on defending Mr Olympia... can you imagine the amount of pressure he has faced every single day leading to this day? And to come on stage in such an amazing shape and condition, a true champion.
Well done Phil, you are a true champ!

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
Re: About Phil Heath
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 10:54:47 PM »
A worthy champion, of that there is no doubt

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 11:05:27 PM »
Well.... :-\....As a Physique Champion hes the Best there is Right now no doubt about it 10/10 great Rep likeable guy and all the rest of it, However his now 2nd year running speech in a Fragile Emotional state put out there for everyone too see is alittle creepy, dont get me wrong like alot of people here myself and like most peolpe we all know people close with or who has had Cancer something obviously i wouldnt wish on anyone but yeshhhh....,

i dont know if it is a Generational thing with some younger guys nowadays, or Heath has always been a Overly emotional sort of guy but when u watch that speech....he looked ready to throw himself off a building or something.... some things that close may be alittle better kept in tight circles as in Family etc not put on Display like that...Just a Quick i love my Wife...shes been though hell...Thankyou all for the support...etc...would of been Sufficient.

Great Physique Champion absolutely however he really seems the type too potentially end it all one day....if it all gets too much.  

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 11:06:11 PM »
I know many people do not like him in here but in my eyes he has proven to be a true champion.
Having a wife battling cancer and trying to prepare yourself and focus on defending Mr Olympia... can you imagine the amount of pressure he has faced every single day leading to this day?
And to come on stage in such an amazing shape and condition, a true champion.

It's better not to touch this territory. Maybe Phil don't give a fuck about his wife, who knows. Maybe Wolf or Kai had more striking examples of heroism. Stop these pitiful assumptions.

Talk about facts - we all know for sure is that Heath stepped the line again and he is the narrowest from the lineup. Kai was 1.5x wider standing relaxed at the victory ceremony.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 11:12:29 PM »
It's better not to touch this territory. Maybe Phil don't give a fuck about his wife, who knows. Maybe Wolf or Kai had more striking examples of heroism. Stop these pitiful assumptions.

Talk about facts - we all know for sure is that Heath stepped the line again and he is the narrowest from the lineup. Kai was 1.5x wider standing relaxed at the victory ceremony.

the facts?

The facts are that runner up is fucking a grapefruit and suck a dick underneath a towel.
You want more?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
Well.... :-\....As a Physique Champion hes the Best there is Right now no doubt about it 10/10 great Rep likeable guy and all the rest of it, However his now 2nd year running speech in a Fragile Emotional state put out there for everyone too see is alittle creepy, dont get me wrong like alot of people here myself and like most peolpe we all know people close with or who has had Cancer something obviously i wouldnt wish on anyone but yeshhhh....,

i dont know if it is a Generational thing with some younger guys nowadays, or Heath has always been a Overly emotional sort of guy but when u watch that speech....he looked ready to throw himself off a building or something.... some things that close may be alittle better kept in tight circles as in Family etc not put on Display like that...Just a Quick i love my Wife...shes been though hell...Thankyou all for the support...etc...would of been Sufficient.

Great Physique Champion absolutely however he really seems the type too potentially end it all one day....if it all gets too much.  

Ronnie Coleman would fall down and cry when his name was announced...I think even after his 4th or 5th win.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 11:37:19 PM »
Parker....Yes Big Ron did many times however IMO his case looked more so from "Joy" or relief from winning etc etc...u never got the Feeling he wanted too end his Life etc he thanked his family, god, etc etc, as ive said im not knocking Phils Achievement's, success, Physique, etc...more power too the guy absolutely Deserving Champion i wish Phil and his wife well...its just...i dont know man... that Emotional state of his Potentially down the track ....

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 11:46:25 PM »
Parker....Yes Big Ron did many times however IMO his case looked more so from "Joy" or relief from winning etc etc...u never got the Feeling he wanted too end his Life etc he thanked his family, god, etc etc, as ive said im not knocking Phils Achievement's, success, Physique, etc...more power too the guy absolutely Deserving Champion i wish Phil and his wife well...its just...i dont know man... that Emotional state of his Potentially down the track ....
i do agree with you...

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 11:46:42 PM »

Of course emotions would flow as big burden was taken off of his back. Mental and physical. Some people show them, some keep them inside. There is nothing fake or unnatural about it.
The point here is that he faced tremendous pressure in his personal life and still kept pushing and came back as a champion. That is where mental toughness and drive to be a champ comes to play.
And that is why he is a real champion.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 11:50:30 PM »
  no towel and no fruit with phil

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 11:58:26 PM »
Calm down, tiger.
We used to g4p and grapefruit love, but don't wanna hear tearful stories and girly whining.
And check your facts, that was Kai being sucked. ; )

I wouldn't call it being sucked.  I'd say he was face fucking that poor bloke.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 12:02:18 AM »
Calm down, tiger.
We used to g4p and grapefruit love, but don't wanna hear tearful stories and girly whining.
And check your facts, that was Kai being sucked. ; )

So true. And furthermore, we have to have some respect, because that must be the most expensive grapefruit, which anybody has ever fucked  ;D

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 12:09:18 AM »

Of course emotions would flow as big burden was taken off of his back. Mental and physical. Some people show them, some keep them inside. There is nothing fake or unnatural about it.
The point here is that he faced tremendous pressure in his personal life and still kept pushing and came back as a champion. That is where mental toughness and drive to be a champ comes to play.
And that is why he is a real champion.

Oh absolutely i know exactly where you are coming from, bottom line he showed Mental toughness when others would of given in too the pressure.. that same thing apply's too alot of other pursuits as well coming back from adversity to win... i get that...got that... like others here and else where we have a story to tell with adversity.. obviously not in such a public way but u get the point... i think imo its the overly emotional part...the vacant eyes...getting really lost in the moment...The overly inward projections of grief pushed awkwardly outward in front of 10,000 people and Hundreds of Thousands of people on-line etc is the worrying part, however thats just my observation and Opinion as ive said i wish him and his wife well in the battle ahead depending on just what type of Cancer she has...its something first hand i can tell you its horrible to watch someone close go though.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 12:21:16 AM »
Oh absolutely i know exactly where you are coming from, bottom line he showed Mental toughness when others would of given in too the pressure.. that same thing apply's too alot of other pursuits as well coming back from adversity to win... i get that...got that... like others here and else where we have a story to tell with adversity.. obviously not in such a public way but u get the point... i think imo its the overly emotional part...the vacant eyes...getting really lost in the moment...The overly inward projections of grief pushed awkwardly outward in front of 10,000 people and Hundreds of Thousands of people on-line etc is the worrying part, however thats just my observation and Opinion as ive said i wish him and his wife well in the battle ahead depending on just what type of Cancer she has...its something first hand i can tell you its horrible to watch someone close go though.

well said, and that is why I respect him, cheers.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 12:24:17 AM »
Redundant... trite... trivial... contrived

Get's old.

Be original....

Unless you can't ~

Stop mimicking Ronnie. You are men. You are bodybuilders. Not Mocking Birds.... or are you? Oh wait, "We're all the same" wasn't it?

Yeah, I collected a $250 K check just for watching. Sorry. Forgot.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 01:10:32 AM »

Good post. He's the most consistent of the bunch by a mile, he's got the mental toughness others of the same generation seem to lack. But it also looks like it's costing him and as he's on the edge constantly. A lot of very competitive people are like that.

the trainer

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 01:41:11 AM »

shut the fuck us shitface cause you dont know what it means to be tough, if you are afraid to show your feelings cause you think people will laugh at you then you are the pussy, i have seen mma fighters, boxers, marines guys that would rip you into pieces without even trying cry like a baby when they overcome obstacles, i guess you grew up with a dad who told you that if you show your feelings then you are not a man, well people like you end up with a lot of pent up aggression and end up shooting up the mall.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 02:01:07 AM »
a true bber always puts bb above his family, i never missed a single workout during the several months of baby in hospital and may not survive saga

it's not admirable at all, it's just a severe mental illness why would we applaud anyone for that

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 02:47:01 AM »
a true bber always puts bb above his family, i never missed a single workout during the several months of baby in hospital and may not survive saga

it's not admirable at all, it's just a severe mental illness why would we applaud anyone for that
wb

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 02:58:07 AM »
Having a wife battling cancer and trying to prepare yourself and focus on defending Mr Olympia.

wow - a real man?

one persons body being damaged by nature and another body being damaged by nurture

c

Bigblackstallion

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 03:13:18 AM »
Having a wife battling cancer and trying to prepare yourself and focus on defending Mr Olympia... can you imagine the amount of pressure he has faced every single day leading to this day?
And to come on stage in such an amazing shape and condition, a true champion.

I think they made that shit up.

everybody knows how shallow he is.

He needed depth in his life.

Bigblackstallion

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 03:25:24 AM »
Get it straight, asshole: Kai had his dick sucked under the towel in a public venue. Sheesh.  ::)

So did I.  I routinely fuck hoe in Club Bathrooms.

you, should try it.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 03:30:56 AM »
shut the fuck us shitface cause you dont know what it means to be tough, if you are afraid to show your feelings cause you think people will laugh at you then you are the pussy, i have seen mma fighters, boxers, marines guys that would rip you into pieces without even trying cry like a baby when they overcome obstacles, i guess you grew up with a dad who told you that if you show your feelings then you are not a man, well people like you end up with a lot of pent up aggression and end up shooting up the mall.
Calm down my internet friend we know nothing bout one another i have a View you have a view, we agree we Disagree its that simple, i wont assume to know your background and your off base on mine im sure your as Tough as you sound online thats Fantastic have a good night my friend take care. 

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 03:51:35 AM »
the last mr o i was interested in was 06
as long as phil all arms no chest cocky fucker... is mr o.... my interest wanes more each year....
if lee was taller based on the judging he could be a mr o too its all about arms....
one of the worst mr o's phil heath.. IMO...
what a big step down from the coleman era......
choice is an illusion

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2013 Olympia - Phil Heath - he is a true champion
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 09:58:32 AM »

There is no question that Phil is the champion by far.  He physique at this contest was awesome, and came prepared Friday night.  His wife has stood by him, and he has stood by her.   Man, you have no idea the realization that one of your loved ones has cancer and how frightening that is.  Kodus to him for the champion that he is.