Author Topic: for those of you who do squats and deads...  (Read 5605 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
for those of you who do squats and deads...
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:09:33 AM »
how often do you do them?

i'm pathetically weak on both lifts, as i only use about 2 bills for some reps, so i'm planning to train them twice a week, or every 4 days or so

and then once i'm using 3 bills for reps then i'll go to training them once a week, or every 6 days or so, or at least that's my plan

on the deads i do them conventional style and on the squats i do half-squats (not quite to parallel but about 2-3 inches short of parallel)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: for those of you who do squats and deads...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 08:29:05 AM »
how often do you do them?

i'm pathetically weak on both lifts, as i only use about 2 bills for some reps, so i'm planning to train them twice a week, or every 4 days or so

and then once i'm using 3 bills for reps then i'll go to training them once a week, or every 6 days or so, or at least that's my plan

on the deads i do them conventional style and on the squats i do half-squats (not quite to parallel but about 2-3 inches short of parallel)
Do them both full range. If you insist on doing them twice a week do one day heavy/low reps and one day light/speed reps.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 08:35:24 AM »
i can't do squats full range without pulling a gayne norton ie. good mornings instead of true squats

plus why do them full range when i won't compete in squats in any pl meets ???

i'm thinking that it's better to do half sqauts with a good amount of weight rather than full squats with some pussyass weight ::)

i seriously can't use much more than 1 bill if i try and do them full range

i'm doing these squats to overload my whole system and not just my legs, basically in order to get some mass on me, and if i stay with half squts i can load much more weight on the bar, and IMO more weighyt on the bar=bigger muscles EVERYWHERE

also, these deads are really making my lats and delts GROW ;D ;D ;D

yeah, i'm fucking happy about this :)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 08:45:37 AM »
i can't do squats full range without pulling a gayne norton ie. good mornings instead of true squats

plus why do them full range when i won't compete in squats in any pl meets ???

i'm thinking that it's better to do half sqauts with a good amount of weight rather than full squats with some pussyass weight ::)

i seriously can't use much more than 1 bill if i try and do them full range

i'm doing these squats to overload my whole system and not just my legs, basically in order to get some mass on me, and if i stay with half squts i can load much more weight on the bar, and IMO more weighyt on the bar=bigger muscles EVERYWHERE

also, these deads are really making my lats and delts GROW ;D ;D ;D

yeah, i'm fucking happy about this :)
Then do squat lockouts from a low position. Basically set the bar on the safetys in a cage or rack at a levelwhere you would normally squat to, then load the bar and lift it from the bottom position. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 08:55:30 AM »
I would do as chaos mentioned heavy day for strength and get thickness,,light day rep ,do leg presse's and do set,drop plate,set drop plate,ect do a 20/50 rep set if u could handle them and drop extensions to get separation dug in,takes time but it's worth it and it works..

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 09:06:45 AM »
I don't care whether you use 85lbs for full squats it's still better than a 225 above parallel. The deads will take care of the full body overload you are looking for.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 09:31:45 AM »
I don't care whether you use 85lbs for full squats it's still better than a 225 above parallel. The deads will take care of the full body overload you are looking for.

i'm sorry dude, but i don't buy that (not to be a dick or anything)

and to njflex, i can see the point of doing high reps on squats, but high reps on deads ???

for each rep on deads i set the bar back on the ground and reset myself and do another good clean rep (none of this bouncing and sloppy horseshit for me) so my max reps on them are 6 to 8 reps and not more

i'm thinking once i can pull 4 bills or so for 6 to 8 good proper reps then i'll be quite OUTSTANDING with a wideass back and delts on me, just like this dude 8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 09:36:47 AM »

and to njflex, i can see the point of doing high reps on squats, but high reps on deads ???

for each rep on deads i set the bar back on the ground and reset myself and do another good clean rep (none of this bouncing and sloppy horseshit for me) so my max reps on them are 6 to 8 reps and not more

i'm thinking once i can pull 4 bills or so for 6 to 8 good proper reps then i'll be quite OUTSTANDING with a wideass back and delts on me, just like this dude 8)

I WAS TALKING ABOUT LEGS,DEAD'S ARE YOUR'S AND CHAOS THING.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 09:41:27 AM »
I WAS TALKING ABOUT LEGS,DEAD'S ARE YOUR'S AND CHAOS THING.

allright, fair enough brother

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 09:43:59 AM »
Do front squats instead they are easier to keep an upright position.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 12:15:28 PM »

You haven't lived until you've deadlifted 315 for 20. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 01:44:57 PM »

pulling 315 for 20? yeah sure, but then i woke up ;D ;D ;D

but i do plan to be able to pull 315 or 5 or 6 reps by the end of the month 8)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 03:37:47 PM »
  ::)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 04:42:45 PM »
  ::)
No worries "mate", nobody should take the advice of a pictureless poster seriously. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 10:49:28 PM »
No worries "mate", nobody should take the advice of a pictureless poster seriously. :)
or a Freak of nature...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 01:59:49 AM »
deads shot up 2 reps FUCK YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

and on the squats i did them to parallel and kept pretty good form, but i only used a whopping 90 fucking pounds LOL

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 02:52:26 AM »

hEnd9I/AAAAAAAABjY/OQhRziIETUk/s1600/Classic-spider-man.jpg[/img]

if you already know the answers why are you asking the questions?
c

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 08:27:07 AM »
dj181

In moments of doubt, about training, do you ever ask yourself WWSD?  (What Would Spiderman Do)

Good Luck
F

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 08:54:48 AM »
dj181

In moments of doubt, about training, do you ever ask yourself WWSD?  (What Would Spiderman Do)

Good Luck

;D ;D ;D

well i guess that he would at least do squats to parallel, so i guess i'll do the same, even if it's means only using 90 pounds for a start :)

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 09:37:22 AM »
;D ;D ;D

well i guess that he would at least do squats to parallel, so i guess i'll do the same, even if it's means only using 90 pounds for a start :)

The weight you start at is irrelevant as long as the exercise is done right.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 09:42:28 AM »
The weight you start at is irrelevant as long as the exercise is done right.

i wish to fuck that that was true, but i've never ever been able to get bigger without lifting heavier training loads EVER

yeah i know some of you dudes claim that one can get bigger without increasing training loads, but i've never ever seen this happen

i remember a few dudes who grew a shitload real quick like and guess what? they lifted much bigger weights

how do i know? well i knew them and i asked them how much thier strength went up in thier lifts and they basically said something like... "a shitload" ;D ;D ;D and yeah, i saw them lifting much bigger weights

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 11:35:56 AM »
i wish to fuck that that was true, but i've never ever been able to get bigger without lifting heavier training loads EVER

yeah i know some of you dudes claim that one can get bigger without increasing training loads, but i've never ever seen this happen

i remember a few dudes who grew a shitload real quick like and guess what? they lifted much bigger weights

how do i know? well i knew them and i asked them how much thier strength went up in thier lifts and they basically said something like... "a shitload" ;D ;D ;D and yeah, i saw them lifting much bigger weights

That's exactly why I said that it doesn't matter what weight you start at. As long as you do it right and progress in strength where you start is irrelevant.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 10:14:53 AM »
just did the squats to parallel again, after only 48 hrs rest and i added 20 pounds to the bar and got 20 reps again 8)

so that's a 20 pound jump in 2 fucking days ;D ;D ;D

but yeah, i guess it's just part of the learning process and getting the form down pat, but if it was a real and true strength gain then i'll expect to add a full inch to each thigh over the next few days 8)

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 10:18:51 AM »
What are training for power or looks? If looks never need to go beyond 2 plates on gear unless you want Ronniesque legs....

Power....follow what Chaos posted.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2013, 10:28:57 AM »
What are training for power or looks? If looks never need to go beyond 2 plates on gear unless you want Ronniesque legs....

Power....follow what Chaos posted.

men's physique is what i'm training for ;D

just kidding, but maybe i'll do a classic physique show or 2, depending upon how good i end up looking

here's the details to classic physique shows, it's based on height and there's a weight limit per one's height, so my max stage weight would be 86 kg but i firmly believe that i could mop up the place at 80 kg or so 8)

http://www.ukbff.co.uk/pdfs/classic_bodybuilder_rules.pdf