Author Topic: Ronnie's health.  (Read 21953 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: Ronnie's health.
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2008, 09:10:49 AM »
First off there is no fucking way Ronnie is getting lab tests and heart scans done on a regular basis.  No way.  Most bodybuilders do not take their health all that seriously.  You'd be surprised.  Secondly, you bet your ass Ronnie already has serious health problems from all his years of bodybuilding.  ALL pros do.  I guarantee you he's on thyroid medication, blood pressure meds, and HRT for the rest of his fucking life.  Modern medicine is amazing.  He will probably live to be 70 years old with all the science and technology at his disposal these days.  Hell he could have complete renal failure and get dialysis three times a week and you'd never know the difference.  Serious health problems can be hidden pretty easily these days as well.  Some of you guys on here must be fucking young and VERY naive when it comes to health and the human body.  These pros are dealing with a lot of health problems.  Some serious some not so much.  Even with all the medical technology things can get missed. 
thanks for the post Doctor McMannus. ::)

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2008, 09:27:13 AM »
First off there is no fucking way Ronnie is getting lab tests and heart scans done on a regular basis.  No way.  Most bodybuilders do not take their health all that seriously.  You'd be surprised.  Secondly, you bet your ass Ronnie already has serious health problems from all his years of bodybuilding.  ALL pros do.  I guarantee you he's on thyroid medication, blood pressure meds, and HRT for the rest of his fucking life.  Modern medicine is amazing.  He will probably live to be 70 years old with all the science and technology at his disposal these days.  Hell he could have complete renal failure and get dialysis three times a week and you'd never know the difference.  Serious health problems can be hidden pretty easily these days as well.  Some of you guys on here must be fucking young and VERY naive when it comes to health and the human body.  These pros are dealing with a lot of health problems.  Some serious some not so much.  Even with all the medical technology things can get missed. 

You will be suprised to see how much punishment a human body can take.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2008, 10:03:10 AM »
You will be suprised to see how much punishment a human body can take.

No I'm not surprised.  I see it everyday.  I have patients with COPD that continue to smoke like chimneys.  I see alcoholics with cirrhosis, varices, and constant GI bleeds that continue to drink.  The human body can take a tremendous amount of punishment.  Some handle it better than others.  I would say most pros are probably much more robust physiologically than your average person.  I..e that's the role genetics play when it comes to drugs and putting on muscle.  Some respond better than others.  But I'd bet my life on it that Ronnie is already on lots of meds, has high blood pressure/heart problems, is diabetic/prediabetic, and will start to suffer renal problems in the near future if not already.  The body is very resilient but once you reach a certain point in your life i.e. 50-60's things come front and center rather quickly healthwise.  Lots of pros from the 80's have suffered serious health problems from their drug use.  And we can all agree that the pros today use a lot more and push their bodies a lot harder.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2014, 06:13:59 PM »
we're all day-to-day.

medical tests show long-term issues and trends... but the good Lord punches our number when he's ready for us.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2014, 11:52:55 PM »

Reviving a quote from almost 9 years ago! Brutally epic as we all used to say on here back then ;-)