Author Topic: Ronnie's health.  (Read 21984 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Ronnie's health.
« on: December 26, 2005, 07:41:07 PM »
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Getting bigger

• Getbig II
Re: Ronnie's health.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 07:42:49 PM »
Who said he was unhealthy?

Tuna Sammich

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 07:51:46 PM »
 Ronnie has that old black man skin forming all around his eyes. Not sure if that's health related or just genetic. Other than that, he's at just as much risk as the next guy when it comes to gear usage. I'm sure considering his size and his noted metabolic functions though, he seems to be handling the shit quite well.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 07:59:31 PM »
This has come up before but I don't recall any conclusive answers that could be proven with actual scientific or medical information.

If Ronnie gets his blood checked every two months and also gets heart scans done during that time, both of which suggest he is in perfect health, why do people go on about him being so terribly unhealthy?

ok, so he gets up to 335 pounds in the offseason or something close to it - but how many obese people live to 60+?  Lots of them.  Sure, a lot die, but it's not like they're all dropping like flies.  He may or may not do more roids than the next guy - my guess is that there are PLENTY of pros and amateurs and even recreational juicers out there doing just as much.

So why is he so unhealthy?  His blood would suggest he is quite healthy based on self reports, so why does he run the risk of dropping dead any more than any other 41 year old with the same blood profile?

Don Youngblood had a sleep apnea, was a diagnosed diabetic, and had an angioplasty performed on him, and was still looking to make a comeback in 2006 at the age of 52.  That is what causes harm I think - ignoring the writing on the wall.  Ronnie has said he would not go on if his health was compromised.  I personally think he is one of the healthier pros.

You can't compare Youngblood to Ronnie Ronnie to me, you or anyone else and visa versa...everyone is different. Lots of obese people to live to 60+ but not without serious health problems (Heart desease, diabetes, etc) just because Ronnie is getting regular checkups and gettiing a clean bill of health doesn't mean he won't have any long term side effects. But you can be certain he does have some side effects!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 08:13:03 PM »
My guess is that it averages out.

Ronnie is probably about as healthy as your average 41-year old American.

He eats healthy, does cardio, and sleeps enough.
he uses steroids and lives at a bodyweight that makes his heart work a little harder.

It probably pretty much evens out... although Ronnie's quality of life is a tad better than the average American's. (most of us can't take Alti for a ride in our Bentley)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 08:51:43 PM »
  If he was going to die tomorrow, or anytime soon for that matter, wouldn't the test results suggest that?

No, not nessessarly. Just last year Reggie White died and Teddy Bruschi had a stroke. They are required per their contracts to get regular checkups. There have been many more athletes that have just flat out dropped dead after getting a clean bill of health!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 08:56:33 PM »
we're all day-to-day.

medical tests show long-term issues and trends... but the good Lord punches our number when he's ready for us.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 09:01:20 PM »
we're all day-to-day.

medical tests show long-term issues and trends... but the good Lord punches our number when he's ready for us.

^Exactly, Robert.

Sometimes God just punches your ticket without rhyme or reason.

Some kids die before their parents.....

That's the world we live in.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »

he uses steroids and lives at a bodyweight that makes his heart work a little harder.

It probably pretty much evens out... although Ronnie's quality of life is a tad better than the average American's. (most of us can't take Alti for a ride in our Bentley)

That's a good way to look at it. I agree.

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 09:02:04 AM »
Ronnie will out last you all. He'll be throwin around "light weight", when you're dead and buried.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 09:05:04 AM »
old black man skin forming all around his eyes.

Really? What are you babbling about?

Just last year Reggie White died and Teddy Bruschi had a stroke. They are required per their contracts to get regular checkups.

Those are two examples out of a much larger pool of football players. Way too small a sample to indicate anything.

Beyond Genetics

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 09:05:23 AM »
If you weigh 330lbs, you are certainly more likely to die sooner than if you weigh 230lbs.
For hundreds of reasons,,,   

If he drops down to a more reasonable weight before getting into his 50's he will probably add years to his life.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 09:07:11 AM »
Body weight's key, probably why women outlive men. If he gets his weight down later the risk will be reduced.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 11:52:33 AM »
Body weight's key, probably why women outlive men. If he gets his weight down later the risk will be reduced.

that, and war.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 08:05:47 PM »
RONNIE IS HEALTHY AS A COCK.

I thought he had a dead stick
I am a mini beast

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 08:52:05 PM »
I predict a heart attack and/or massive kidney failure.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 01:10:41 AM »
I predict a heart attack and/or massive kidney failure.

i would go for kidney failure..
I am a mini beast

suckmymuscle

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 07:11:08 PM »
This has come up before but I don't recall any conclusive answers that could be proven with actual scientific or medical information.

If Ronnie gets his blood checked every two months and also gets heart scans done during that time, both of which suggest he is in perfect health, why do people go on about him being so terribly unhealthy?

ok, so he gets up to 335 pounds in the offseason or something close to it - but how many obese people live to 60+?  Lots of them.  Sure, a lot die, but it's not like they're all dropping like flies.  He may or may not do more roids than the next guy - my guess is that there are PLENTY of pros and amateurs and even recreational juicers out there doing just as much.

So why is he so unhealthy?  His blood would suggest he is quite healthy based on self reports, so why does he run the risk of dropping dead any more than any other 41 year old with the same blood profile?

Don Youngblood had a sleep apnea, was a diagnosed diabetic, and had an angioplasty performed on him, and was still looking to make a comeback in 2006 at the age of 52.  That is what causes harm I think - ignoring the writing on the wall.  Ronnie has said he would not go on if his health was compromised.  I personally think he is one of the healthier pros.

Ronnie will die soon. I pray for this everyday.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 07:17:25 PM »

His heart works a little harder?  Try... a LOT harder. 

I predict he won't live to see his 60th birthday.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2005, 07:35:30 PM »
His heart works a little harder?  Try... a LOT harder. 

I predict he won't live to see his 60th birthday.

He won't live to see his 50th birthday, bro. I pray for this everyday.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 07:39:45 PM »
Anybody who believes that ronnie is not a health risk at 5'11'' and 300 LBS + must be a lunatic. He is putting tremendous pressure on his heart (which will need to work just as hard and cant' tell the difference between 300LBS of Fat or 300LBS of muscle)

You also really think that after years of GH it is only his muscles that grow? Dont forget intestines and internal organs, hence the gut.

Who knows what other shit he is using.He must lie in bed at night and think 'What the hell am I doing to myself' Any sane person would.

Ask yourself a question. If walking around at 300 LBS is not that dangerous and he is not concerned then why get yourself checked every 2 months?

I think Coleman is the best BB that ever lived but dont piss down my leg and tell me its raining. He aint healthy.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 07:42:11 PM »
Anybody who believes that ronnie is not a health risk at 5'11'' and 300 LBS + must be a lunatic. He is putting tremendous pressure on his heart (which will need to work just as hard and cant' tell the difference between 300LBS of Fat or 300LBS of muscle)

You also really think that after years of GH it is only his muscles that grow? Dont forget intestines and internal organs, hence the gut.

Who knows what other shit he is using.He must lie in bed at night and think 'What the hell am I doing to myself' Any sane person would.

Ask yourself a question. If walking around at 300 LBS is not that dangerous and he is not concerned then why get yourself checked every 2 months?

I think Coleman is the best BB that ever lived but dont piss down my leg and tell me its raining. He aint healthy.

Yep, yes and yeah. There's no question Ronnie will die a gruesome, horrible death before the age of 50. My prayers will be answered.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005, 08:04:58 PM »
It's possible that Ronnie honestly doesn't take more than tons of 20 year juicers you see at the gym.

It wouldn't surprise me at all.  He is a genetic freak.

Based on what we all saw in Jay's fridge, he probably takes a whole lot more.

Dude, there are no genes able to make a 5'11 guy weight 290 lbs, at 5% bodyfat. I think you're the one who's on drugs... ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2005, 08:07:03 PM »
  Dude, there are no genes able to make a 5'11 guy weight 290 lbs, at 5% bodyfat. I think you're the one who's on drugs... ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE
agreed, Matt you usally make a lot of sense but come on Ronnie takes a boatload just like everyone else at that level.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2005, 08:12:44 PM »
It's possible that Ronnie honestly doesn't take more than tons of 20 year juicers you see at the gym.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. He is a genetic freak.

Based on what we all saw in Jay's fridge, he probably takes a whole lot more.

No one disputes that Ronnie is a genetic freak. Same aplies to Jay. But the facts are that these guys we all look up to take copious amounts of 'gear'. Don't think they dont.

Pro BB is about lots of things. Health aint one of them

Wake up and smell the coffee.