Author Topic: Celltech & other Creatine  (Read 10976 times)

CHISELROCK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Celltech & other Creatine
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2006, 08:54:42 PM »
MuscleTech isn't doing anything that hasn't been done by supplement companies for years.

Au contraire.  Overpricing maybe.....but what has fueled the negativity for the most part was their consistently unfound claims of ~500% - 800% better then creatine.  Bottom line...CellTech blows unless you can get it for the same price as mentioned in the link I previously posted as the homemade recipe.

Enough said.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2006, 05:00:49 PM »
Au contraire.  Overpricing maybe.....but what has fueled the negativity for the most part was their consistently unfound claims of ~500% - 800% better then creatine.  Bottom line...CellTech blows unless you can get it for the same price as mentioned in the link I previously posted as the homemade recipe.

Enough said.

For CELL-TECH to "blow", it would have to be ineffective. I can tell you from personal experience that is simply not the case. The stuff works. I don't know about the percentage stuff. But, I can tell you I made good gains using the stuff, after using a high-quality creatine monohydrate powder (Prolab) for several months.

Truth be told, you can come up with a "homemade" version of many supplement, if the need arises. I used to make what I called "Poor Man's MET-Rx", based on a old recipe recommended by the late Vince Gironda. He would tell his clients that were seeking mass to make a mixture of half-n-half, a dozen eggs, and milk-and-egg protein powder.

Plus, given the success I had using Phosphagen HP, I prefer supplements of that type anyway.

"Overpricing maybe"? Again, MET-Rx used to cost $63-$75 for a 20-serving box. Now, it costs about half that much, and, like MuscleTech's wares, gets marked down on a regular basis.

I simply divided it into two batches, each comprised of 6 eggs, 16-oz half-n-half (later replaced by nonfat milk), and one scoop of milk-and-egg protein powder.

Now, with the markdowns on MET-Rx (and other MRPs), I would buy them, instead of making my own. Same thing goes for CELL-TECH, especially with GNC marking the 7-lb jugs of the old CELL-TECH formula as low as $20.

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2006, 07:16:18 PM »
Personally I dont think cell tech provided me with any more gains than any other brand of creatine, nor any less.  I wont buy it again because it is overpriced.  I am now taking GNC brand creatine unflavored mixed with my L-glutamine in grape juice, best I've ever had.  No grainy texture or tangy taste just good old grape juice.  I say it is overpriced because I got the GNC brand with 100 servings for less than $20 during savers week.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2006, 07:38:06 PM »
Personally I dont think cell tech provided me with any more gains than any other brand of creatine, nor any less.  I wont buy it again because it is overpriced.  I am now taking GNC brand creatine unflavored mixed with my L-glutamine in grape juice, best I've ever had.  No grainy texture or tangy taste just good old grape juice.  I say it is overpriced because I got the GNC brand with 100 servings for less than $20 during savers week.

You got a great deal on some good supplements. That's what it's all about.

My experience with CELL-TECH has been  good. To elaborate on what I said earlier, I managed to put on 5 lbs. in about a week using CELL-TECH after loading with Prolab Creatine (with grape and apple juice) just two weeks prior.

It's been a HUGE help, when it comes to maintaining my size and strength, despite having lost 27 lbs over the last three months. I was concerned about how to use it, while trying to drop in weight. Fortunately, I've got my old magazines I can reference for help.

I was initially using V-12, which I got for $20. When that ran out, I was considering going back to regular creatine (which I would have added to my protein shakes, because it tastes TERRIBLE in water) or even buying CELL-TECH Carb Control (which is also being marked down BIG TIME). What I did instead was simply balance my carbs. When I used CELL-TECH, I simply cut out carbs from my other meals. And, it worked out just fine.

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2006, 11:20:37 PM »
My experiece has always been better when taking c-monohydrate (the plain powder) than with the pre-mixed concoctions.  I've tried cell-tech, cellmass, vault, and a few others.

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2006, 01:40:53 AM »
Personally, I think u r better off to save ur money and spend it on gear. The only supplement that works is food.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2006, 05:44:21 PM »
Personally, I think u r better off to save ur money and spend it on gear. The only supplement that works is food.

The talks about creatine (or any other supplement) are usually done, with the assumption that one's diet is ALREADY in check.

My experiece has always been better when taking c-monohydrate (the plain powder) than with the pre-mixed concoctions. I've tried cell-tech, cellmass, vault, and a few others.

I haven't tried Vault (though I have used SAN's original product, V-12). I've yet to test-drive cellmass.

My experience with the pre-mixed cocktails have been the opposite of yours. I got better results with Phosphagen HP than I did with Phosphagen. And, of course, I got better results with CELL-TECH than I did using Creatine 6000-ES.

The best part about the whole scenario is that, when the new stuff comes out, the old stuff (still effective in its own right) gets marked down. So, it's win-win.

;D