Author Topic: Logging on To Obamacare  (Read 5561 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Logging on To Obamacare
« on: October 10, 2013, 12:51:46 PM »
I got in....I'll post the results in a minute... ;D
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Logging on To Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 01:02:34 PM »
Almost had it.....kicked me out of the system... >:(

A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 02:06:24 PM »
How many years did they have to get this thing right again?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »

It's a scam Vince by the time they get it fixed, the sign up period will be over. Obama is in charge. ::)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »
I finally got through....gave me a maximum rate of $240.00 a year even though I don't have to pay for health coverage
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »
I finally got through....gave me a maximum rate of $240.00 a year even though I don't have to pay for health coverage
Basile will not be happy with this.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 06:37:55 PM »
93 million site that now costs 650 million and doesnt work.   And you fucktards wanna turn your healthcare over to them.   :-\

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »
93 million site that now costs 650 million and doesnt work.   And you fucktards wanna turn your healthcare over to them.   :-\

Who sold them a site for 93million, weebly has free ones, 240?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 07:33:51 PM »
Log on to a private carrier like anthem and you get a quote with in seconds. I was watching an interview with a web developer who said it looked someone with little experiance put the site together and it could easily be fixed at little cost. But I guess that would be too easy.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 07:42:03 PM »
yay!  free stuff for me! 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 07:50:09 PM »
I saw a post on one of those CRAZY websites saying that signing up for Obamacare online "would allow the government access to your Social Security number."   HAHAHAHA   ::)

Since the shutdown intending to destroy Obamacare, the popularity of Obamacare is up 7%. Tactically, a disaster for Obamacare haters.  But you can't tell those idiots that.  They think they are #winning.  The GOP is now the most unpopular political party in American history. What took so long?  The Republican approval rating has sunk lower than the approval rating for Erectile Dysfunction.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 08:06:12 PM »
how can a website cost $93M?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 08:07:04 PM »

Comes with spinning rims.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 08:18:12 PM »
I saw a post on one of those CRAZY websites saying that signing up for Obamacare online "would allow the government access to your Social Security number."   HAHAHAHA   ::)

Since the shutdown intending to destroy Obamacare, the popularity of Obamacare is up 7%. Tactically, a disaster for Obamacare haters.  But you can't tell those idiots that.  They think they are #winning.  The GOP is now the most unpopular political party in American history. What took so long?  The Republican approval rating has sunk lower than the approval rating for Erectile Dysfunction.

Which one of your left wing rags said it was up 7%?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Only 51,000 people have signed up so far? Out of what 310,000,000 Americans? 
Obamacare sites cost more than Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Published time: October 10, 2013 21:17

http://rt.com/usa/obamacare-websites-cost-millions-002/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 12:05:53 AM »

This, and when the cost doubles to the employers you really think the big boys up top are gonna take a pay cut? It's gonna come out of the customer and the employees ass...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 12:15:38 AM »

Should have gone single payer. Forcing Americans into business with a select grouo of insurers is wrong, IMHO.

at least with single payer you cut out the middle guy that has no business being there.

but insurance is horseshit here anyway, we shouldn't be mandated to carry liability auto insurance either... it should be your choice as to whether you want to cover yourself from others.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 01:22:58 AM »
Log on to a private carrier like anthem and you get a quote with in seconds. I was watching an interview with a web developer who said it looked someone with little experiance put the site together and it could easily be fixed at little cost. But I guess that would be too easy.

To be fair, I don't think any site that aims to serve both content and data, features registrations, management features, complex data models and backend integration at this scale can be fixed at little cost. Anyone who says so is either clueless or has an ulterior motive.

The sort of site we are talking about here is a massive undertaking even if all you want to do is utilize an existing CMS system with a fancy skinned front end. There's a reason why companies like Peoplesoft have very well-paid integration engineers whose job is to help their customers integrate the software with their business.

The Federal Government employs many skilled and competent administrators and programmers, and this isn't a dig against them but I'm not surprised that the healthcare.gov site is melting down. Even if everything was working right, it's hard to predict how complex systems will behave under complex and unpredictable loads. Some instability, some issues, some downtime is to be expected as the kinks are ironed out.

But this is more than kinks. This feels like a joke almost.  t is clear that the development and the roll out have been horribly managed... I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised at that. If anything the Federal Government is a world-renowned expert in the field of bad management.

theredeemer

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 04:47:38 AM »

Just getting you used to the level of medical care you can expect with understaffed and underfunded Obama hospitals.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 05:48:17 AM »
Which one of your left wing rags said it was up 7%?

The ones using big words that you don't understand.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 06:39:40 AM »

very good post...factual and cuts through all the bullshit and Republican fantasies

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 06:54:13 AM »
I have a feeling that when you have "obamacare" and you go to the doctor's office, they take you around to the small clinic in the back with the slightly older equipment.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 06:58:42 AM »
Vince, a little more details please.  What was the plan you qualified for and what was the coverage?  I'm curious.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »
Vince, a little more details please.  What was the plan you qualified for and what was the coverage?  I'm curious.

Bronze Plan for 240 a year....Silver 1243 a year.  However due to income and service record, each of the plans would be subsidized so I wouldn't pay anything.
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2013, 03:01:34 PM »
Ask Ron.