Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 30, 2014, 12:24:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insulin dosage question  (Read 647 times)
oni
Getbig III

« on: October 12, 2013, 11:16:28 PM »

I have a question about insulin dosage and I've tried my hardest to look this up myself but can't find a solid answer, hopefully some people here will know.
Anyway, I am on a cyclic ketogenic diet. I cycle my calories throughout the week but the long and short of it is that I eat no carbs during the week and have a 3 hour long cheat meal once a week to eat carbs.
It is usual for me to eat 600-700g of carbs during these 3 hours.

Now with the insulin, I see the common beginner dose is 10g/ui. It seems to me that taking 60ui of fast acting insulin would be really fucking retarded so I've been leaving it at 10ui. But I honestly have no idea. Anyone got a clue on this? Should I gradually increase the dose each week by 5ui? How will I know what my "sweet spot" is? I'm not really worried about insulin resistance as I generally eat no carbs at all but don't know how fast that will increase taking a big dose once a week.

So, some guidance would be great on this. I've asked a few medical professionals but they didn't really know and their guidance was obviously to take as little as possible.
Report to moderator   Logged
oni
Getbig III

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 11:32:24 PM »

with 600g carbs, i'd start out at 15iu and build up 5iu till you get to maybe 30iu.. I wouldn't see any point going over 30. you're gonna feel hypo the first time but it'll pass if you're taking in that amount of carbs.

Thanks loads mate.
oni
Getbig III

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 03:00:09 AM »

How do I know that 30ui will offer more results than 10ui?
As in, the muscles can only uptake so much right? How do I know when extra insulin will just cause fat gain? Will I need or benefit from 30ui over say 15?
oni
Getbig III

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »

Yeah I think I'll keep it to a 10ui shot at the start of the 3 hour carb up and a 10ui shot right at the end
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!