Author Topic: Insulin dosage question  (Read 1234 times)

oni

• Getbig IV
Insulin dosage question
« on: October 12, 2013, 11:16:28 PM »
I have a question about insulin dosage and I've tried my hardest to look this up myself but can't find a solid answer, hopefully some people here will know.
Anyway, I am on a cyclic ketogenic diet. I cycle my calories throughout the week but the long and short of it is that I eat no carbs during the week and have a 3 hour long cheat meal once a week to eat carbs.
It is usual for me to eat 600-700g of carbs during these 3 hours.

Now with the insulin, I see the common beginner dose is 10g/ui. It seems to me that taking 60ui of fast acting insulin would be really fucking retarded so I've been leaving it at 10ui. But I honestly have no idea. Anyone got a clue on this? Should I gradually increase the dose each week by 5ui? How will I know what my "sweet spot" is? I'm not really worried about insulin resistance as I generally eat no carbs at all but don't know how fast that will increase taking a big dose once a week.

So, some guidance would be great on this. I've asked a few medical professionals but they didn't really know and their guidance was obviously to take as little as possible.

oni

• Getbig IV
Re: Insulin dosage question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 11:32:24 PM »
with 600g carbs, i'd start out at 15iu and build up 5iu till you get to maybe 30iu.. I wouldn't see any point going over 30. you're gonna feel hypo the first time but it'll pass if you're taking in that amount of carbs.

Thanks loads mate.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 03:00:09 AM »
How do I know that 30ui will offer more results than 10ui?
As in, the muscles can only uptake so much right? How do I know when extra insulin will just cause fat gain? Will I need or benefit from 30ui over say 15?

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »
Yeah I think I'll keep it to a 10ui shot at the start of the 3 hour carb up and a 10ui shot right at the end