Author Topic: Craig Titus, rec drug rumours?  (Read 24938 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Craig Titus, rec drug rumours?
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2005, 09:38:59 AM »
you're absolutely right....except that steroids are legal by Dr. script....tough to get a Dr. to legally prescribe meth, coke, heroin, nubain, etc.

Keep in mind...I'm a lot closer to the action than you are, and know many people that are mutual friends/ aquaintences of C and K....I've also made note on national TV, that C and K will have their day in court...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2005, 09:45:14 AM »
I just think people shouldn't make comments on national tv about drug use when they are not so squeaky clean themselves. By law steroids and recreational drugs are classified the same.

Maybe "by law" they're the same, but IN REALITY they're very different. Steroid use and recreational drug use aren't even close to being the same thing, and anyone who thinks they are is either a kid or someone who is  ill-informed and ignorant of the reality of the situation.
Ron: "I am lazy."

befit124

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2005, 09:49:18 AM »
I agree with you both 100% , these are just the thoughts of someone being open-minded. I'm not trying to trash anyone, just exspressing one persons opinion.

befit124

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2005, 09:51:23 AM »
By the way, I met Craig and Melissa in Panama City whaen he was guest posing. I met them at Club LaVELA during the after party.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2005, 10:11:44 AM »
you're absolutely right....except that steroids are legal by Dr. script....tough to get a Dr. to legally prescribe meth, coke, heroin, nubain, etc.

Keep in mind...I'm a lot closer to the action than you are, and know many people that are mutual friends/ aquaintences of C and K....I've also made note on national TV, that C and K will have their day in court...

I would agree Chick except Nubain is not very hard to get from a Doc, atleast here in Canada its not.
shotgun on the team

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2005, 10:12:07 AM »
Two paks a day? Interesting. Heavy into rec drug at the time of the arrest? Interesting.

Once again, rumors that are circulating even there is no facts, rhyme or reason.  Yes, in the party scene and at the after parties, there were people who looked they were having fun, but Craig was a businessman during these parties.

You may think they were all fun and games, but you needed to shell out money, calculate how many peopel came via the door, make sure the expenses are paid with the appropriate club owners, and handle any problems. When I went to these parties, Craig wasnt on stuff. He was handling lots of situations, from people who wanted to get in for free, to ticket sales, to people who wanted friends to come in, to just talking with people. You needed to be sharp for that so you don't lose out on your investment in these parties.

And of course, there are people who have come and said that they did party heavily and have some fun. And so have many others in this industry, in the Hollywood scene, and in any other sport too.

Don't forget. We only know one side of the story. In time, we will find out the rest.

Ron:  The thing is that even if Craig was an addict, you'd never know it.  Like I said, they must have their daily fix, wheather it be nubian, Rx  painkillers, meth coke or whatever just to maintain a sence of normalicy.   When an addicts not using they look really out of it.  When on, their normal and functional, but that all crashes sooner or later, as we all know.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

befit124

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2005, 10:17:10 AM »
The only way to get any drug for bodybuilding or rec. use from a doctor is for someone to LIE. That is illegal.

schwarzenpecker

• Getbig II
  • You may have seen me at your local video store
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2005, 10:28:28 AM »
I went to the 2002 Mr. O after party and Craig did seem normal. When he was competing he probably only did cocaine and nubain, you can still sleep and function on those, plus cocaine dehydrates the body, helping him look more ripped. Then sometime after the Ironman he started doing crystal meth and smoking cigarettes. There is no way he was taking crystal while training for a competiton because he wouldn't be able to sleep and would have no appetite.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2005, 10:36:58 AM »
The only way to get any drug for bodybuilding or rec. use from a doctor is for someone to LIE. That is illegal.

Of course, if the only one who knows you're lying is you, and you aren't stupid enough to tell anyone you're lying, and there isn't any way to conclusively prove you're lying, it doesn't really matter, does it?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2005, 10:43:42 AM »
I would agree Chick except Nubain is not very hard to get from a Doc, atleast here in Canada its not.

That's because unlike any other opiate it's not a controlled substance (meaning, not scheduled by the DEA). The pharm company that makes it sold the government a bill of goods and convinced them it's not addictive. As a result, it is much easier to get, and does not carry the legal ramifications that a scheduled substance would.

Read on:
Once upon a time, nalbuphine was a controlled substance. Like most other opiates, it fell within Schedule II of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. § 812) as a drug deemed to have a high potential for abuse that may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence. But in 1973, a pharmaceutical company looking to make money marketing the drug made a pitch claiming that nalbuphine did not have sufficient potential for abuse to justify its continued control. They made an appealing case. Like morphine, nalbuphine is a painkiller that exerts agonistic or stimulating effects on the body's opiate receptors. But unlike morphine, nalbuphine is also an antagonist or blocker to certain opiate receptors. The result of this mixed agonist/antagonist character is a built-in "ceiling" or safety net that provides a mild analgesic effect without the euphoria or potential for deadly overdose associated with morphine and other opiates. This self-inhibiting and non-toxic character makes nalbuphine significantly less attractive to typical drug addicts. Accordingly, nalbuphine can be argued to be much less addictive than other opiates. Well, the FDA bought the argument. They recommended to the DEA that nalbuphine be removed entirely from the schedules of controlled substances, conveniently paving the way for the drug company's profits. The DEA obliged, and to this day nalbuphine remains specifically excluded from the list (see 21 C.F.R. § 1308.12). The DEA just doesn't view it as a drug of abuse.
  (from steroid.com)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2005, 11:13:37 AM »
i dont know any sides to this story that
why i ask dumb questions

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2005, 12:21:24 PM »
Dumb crooks    :)

April 2005; Rogersville, Tennessee:   Hawkins County authorities were tipped off to two would-be burglars' plans to steal a refrigerator from a mobile home dealership when a cell phone one of the crooks was carrying in his front pocket relayed a 40-minute-long discussion about the upcoming heist to 911 dispatchers. (The phone was of a type that automatically calls 911 when the '9' key is held down.) Sheriff's deputies hid in the woods near the dealership and nabbed the hapless thieves as they exited one of the mobile homes with a refrigerator and set it on the ground outside.

March 1997; San Diego, California:   Trying to call Mexico, a drug dealer dialed 911 instead of 011. Though he hung up when the emergency services operator answered, a police patrol was dispatched to his address. Four bad guys were arrested and 42 lbs. of marijuana and 2 oz. of methamphetamine were seized.

February 1996; Frederick, Maryland:   A lad called 911 to report the shed he was growing marijuana in was on fire. He got 60 days.

August 1996; Los Angeles, California:   Yet another failed attempt to call Mexico netted this drug dealer a visit from John Law. A gun, $15,000 and a 3 lb. bag of powdered cocaine were discovered at this fellow's house.

February 1994; Laguna Nigel, California:   A man programming his phone to speed-dial 911 (Huh? The number is that hard to remember?) was arrested when sheriff's deputies responded to his call. He and his two buddies appeared to be under the influence of crystal methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment, so the three of them were placed under arrest.

February 1990; San Diego, California:  A phone programmed to automatically dial 911 when bumped or dropped gave this set of crooks away. Police discovered 250-300 marijuana plants growing in the house they'd been sent to investigate.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2005, 12:30:38 PM »

Well I don't how much more you know than some others here.  I saw an interview and you seemed not to know anything.  Maybe ask some of these other people you know for answers then next time you are interviewed you will be able to say someting better than "I don't know".  Other than that you sounded good.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2005, 01:22:25 PM »
Dumb crooks    :)

April 2005; Rogersville, Tennessee:   Hawkins County authorities were tipped off to two would-be burglars' plans to steal a refrigerator from a mobile home dealership when a cell phone one of the crooks was carrying in his front pocket relayed a 40-minute-long discussion about the upcoming heist to 911 dispatchers. (The phone was of a type that automatically calls 911 when the '9' key is held down.) Sheriff's deputies hid in the woods near the dealership and nabbed the hapless thieves as they exited one of the mobile homes with a refrigerator and set it on the ground outside.

March 1997; San Diego, California:   Trying to call Mexico, a drug dealer dialed 911 instead of 011. Though he hung up when the emergency services operator answered, a police patrol was dispatched to his address. Four bad guys were arrested and 42 lbs. of marijuana and 2 oz. of methamphetamine were seized.

February 1996; Frederick, Maryland:   A lad called 911 to report the shed he was growing marijuana in was on fire. He got 60 days.

August 1996; Los Angeles, California:   Yet another failed attempt to call Mexico netted this drug dealer a visit from John Law. A gun, $15,000 and a 3 lb. bag of powdered cocaine were discovered at this fellow's house.

February 1994; Laguna Nigel, California:   A man programming his phone to speed-dial 911 (Huh? The number is that hard to remember?) was arrested when sheriff's deputies responded to his call. He and his two buddies appeared to be under the influence of crystal methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment, so the three of them were placed under arrest.

February 1990; San Diego, California:  A phone programmed to automatically dial 911 when bumped or dropped gave this set of crooks away. Police discovered 250-300 marijuana plants growing in the house they'd been sent to investigate.

December 2005; Las Vegas, Nevada: After killing their roommate, two pro bodybuilders think it would be a good idea to dispose of the body by burning it in their own car, after purchasing the accelerant in a store using their own credit card, and enlisting the help of a 23-year-old kid (just in case there weren't enough people who could testify against them). Then, after realizing the jig is up and deciding to flee the country, they proceed to tell at least a dozen people of their plans and where they are heading, purchase a flashy new truck, and use their own cell phones to repeatedly call the person they are coming to see, a person the police would never think to have under surveillance, since he is the best friend of one of the criminals.  ::)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2005, 02:35:24 PM »
befit-

Craig is NOT an active member of the IFBB.

I don't "represent" Craig as an individual, even if he was in the IFBB...I represent the ATHLETES as a collective group.

I'm not asked to be on these shows to represent Craig or Kelly, or to defend them (thats their lawyers job). I'm asked to give MY opinion and insight on the matter, from MY perspective.

In this business Bob, you know one day you can be an active member if the IFBB....take 2-3 years off & then come back for a contest.

What makes one an "active" member of the IFBB to receive your representation as a collective group?

Is Sheri on that collective group you're talking about?

befit124

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2005, 04:21:43 PM »
very well put

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2005, 05:26:32 PM »
In this business Bob, you know one day you can be an active member if the IFBB....take 2-3 years off & then come back for a contest.

What makes one an "active" member of the IFBB to receive your representation as a collective group?

Is Sheri on that collective group you're talking about?

What makes one an "active" member of the IFBB, is one who fills out the yearly application and sends in their annual dues with it....Craig himself said in his interview on Pro bodybuilding weekly some time ago, that he was done competing in the IFBB, and was starting his own federation...which he later said he had nothing to do with the WPI, and then subsequently, reversed himself again trying to solicit perspective members (go figure)

Neither Craig nor Kelly had wished to be a part of the IFBB any longer, and didn't renew their membership into the club....thus the phrase "ACTIVE MEMBER".

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2005, 05:31:03 PM »
Neither Craig nor Kelly had wished to be a part of the IFBB any longer, and didn't renew their membership into the club....thus the phrase "ACTIVE MEMBER".

So neither of them paid 2005 IFBB dues?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2005, 05:39:24 PM »
No, neither paid their 2006 dues...the 2005 season ended after the Olympia for all intent and purpose. The 2006 renewels were due a month ago.

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2005, 05:39:36 PM »
What makes one an "active" member of the IFBB, is one who fills out the yearly application and sends in their annual dues with it....Craig himself said in his interview on Pro bodybuilding weekly some time ago, that he was done competing in the IFBB, and was starting his own federation...which he later said he had nothing to do with the WPI, and then subsequently, reversed himself again trying to solicit perspective members (go figure)

Granted he did make a mistake and did possibly kill someone. With that aside that is the smartest thing to do. He just got tired of being abused by the IFBB. Lee Priest cries about this over and over and Paul Dillett cried but did they do anything about it? At least Craig Titus did something about it or at least tried. Ohh well i doubt shit will change with the IFBB the select few will make good bread and the others well lets just say they will use multiple avenues to make their rent and still live hand to foot.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2005, 05:45:03 PM »
Granted he did make a mistake and did possibly kill someone. With that aside that is the smartest thing to do. He just got tired of being abused by the IFBB. Lee Priest cries about this over and over and Paul Dillett cried but did they do anything about it? At least Craig Titus did something about it or at least tried. Ohh well i doubt shit will change with the IFBB the select few will make good bread and the others well lets just say they will use multiple avenues to make their rent and still live hand to foot.

"Made a Mistake"??????

A mistake is making a left instead of a right at the intersection...murder isn't a mistake.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2005, 05:52:33 PM »
"Made a Mistake"??????

A mistake is making a left instead of a right at the intersection...murder isn't a mistake.

what about manslaughter to a degree

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2005, 06:04:51 PM »
Even if Craig & Kelly didn't pay their memberships....

which would have excluded them from the 06 season.....

who's to say they couldn't come back in the 07 season?

My point is again...in this business....people come & go...then come back again.

Now that they have alot more on their plate....all we can just do a spew out a bunch of "what if's".

Another thing....Craig is a little shaky.  We all know that.  Atleast he had an ambition to start his own legitimate scam just like the Weider's & even Vince Mc Mahon.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2005, 06:22:23 PM »
No, neither paid their 2006 dues...the 2005 season ended after the Olympia for all intent and purpose. The 2006 renewels were due a month ago.

Hmmmmm....  Goatboy senses some tapdancing going on here.

It seems Craig & Kelly paid their 2005 dues, and 2005 isn't over yet.

So much for "representing the members" and "accurately portraying the facts", huh?  ;D ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2005, 06:22:23 PM »
appears IFBB dont want the appearance of any association to these two
how dare the challange the status quo