Author Topic: Critique my shoulder routine please  (Read 1803 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Critique my shoulder routine please
« on: October 18, 2013, 03:06:54 PM »
Seated DB press 1x20, 3x8
Side pulley raises 3x10
Machine should press 3x10
Reverse lat machine 3x15

I generally do a PL workout (westside) but been pretty lazy for a while and need to kick the rust off for a mOnth or so before I get back into it.  Any problems with this?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Critique my shoulder routine please
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 10:51:07 AM »
Looks good to me.  8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »
I prefer a compound approach... some combination of clean & jerk, snatch, landmine work...

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 09:36:45 AM »
If getting back into PL'íng, may want to avoid any type of machine work and focus on standard DB & BB work.

Reason being, that with machines your body is given a lot of support/brace work and the important supporting muscles are not called into action that much. With freeweight workout, more of the supporting muscle are called upon, which you are going to need with PL'íng. It's like tuning up the body  to handle more serious training down the road. Should also improve the balance and timing.

Going along the line of what WOOO suggest, clean & presses, squat cleans (surprisingly both excellent movements for gearing up for more serious PLíng training). Also DB presses, might try alternating one arm at a time, standing.  BB rows or chins (weighted). Taking a break from the over used BP, might suggest doing dips (weighted).

Romanian DL's and GoodMornings also. As with any focused lower back work you may want to included heavier ab exercise (8-12 reps) in the mix. Strong ab's can help in most any form of PLíng. Might find that low back & ab work together can help your squat greatly.  Good Luck.
F

painless

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 03:46:33 PM »
they have those machines in the gym for women

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 05:47:41 PM »
My shoulder routine is nothing more than some light lateral raises a few times a week and some rotator cuff exercises. Luckily my shoulders have grown from chest exercises cause if I had to train them harder/more often I tend to aggravate the tendonitis I have.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 05:49:39 PM »
oh sorry... that doesn't answer your question.