Author Topic: Leg growth after age 40........Palumbo says.....  (Read 13669 times)

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
Re: Leg growth after age 40........Palumbo says.....
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2013, 12:59:50 AM »
The only thing I could grow after 40 was a belly. Fuck 40.

My 6 pack is better than i't's ever been, can only see it getting better into my mid-late 40's. Also my quads/calves are FINALLY starting to fill out. All nutrient timing & heme iron. Just ask Falcon.

Put the fork down & back away.... son.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2013, 07:47:26 AM »
All you can claim is that you haven't been able to get bigger legs at your age.

Haven't tried.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2013, 07:53:07 AM »
Bro whose cool aide you been drinking?
   Nerve function is normal unless you're diseased or extremely aged. The lower extremities are usually affected more, because the longest axons are in lower extremity nerves and therefore more vulnerable to insult. That easy. If you have muscle atrophy you will see that whether or not someone is a bodybuilder. The fact the individual is a bodybuilder has nothing to do with it. Nerve function does NOT decline "more so in the lower body than the upper body."
   Trust me neuromuscular is one subsubspecialty I do know something about.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

The point being, at a certain age muscle mass decreases, this is no secret you're a doc and you know this. Legs specifically will be the first to atrophy. Know way in hell you can train at the same intensity, using the same weight or otherwise. If Platz wanted to make a comeback, he still might have the biggest legs on stage but they would be a shadow of his former self. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2013, 07:56:01 AM »
The main limitation to hypertrophy in old age are injuries. Otherwise I believe hypertrophy is still possible.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2013, 07:59:48 AM »
The main limitation to hypertrophy in old age are injuries. Otherwise I believe hypertrophy is still possible.

And you proved it didn't you... oh wait.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2013, 08:00:43 AM »

Whats the definition of old age Vince? Anyone else who knows this answer ( I know the answer) please don't say it. Let Vince figure it out. I"m not putting him on the spot, there is an answer to this.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2013, 10:56:38 AM »
1st set age 45- 16 years of weight training (13 totally natural)
2 set age 53- 24 years of weight training
I would say my legs grew in the interval between 46 and 53, invalidating the theory unless I am an anomoly.

You got the proof, so why not get your competitor stars?

jjbones

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2013, 11:05:15 AM »
Do you believe that Kevin Levrone took 600 mg test - 400 mg deca 6-8 weeks out from shows ... lots of bullshit out there

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2013, 11:06:33 AM »
You got the proof, so why not get your competitor stars?
How does one do that?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
Do you believe that Kevin Levrone took 600 mg test - 400 mg deca 6-8 weeks out from shows ... lots of bullshit out there
Walking around in parking lost at night.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »
How does one do that?
Look and compete like a BB.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »
Where Palumbo makes the mistake is that not all 40 year old's are created equal. It's not like 100% of humans turn 40 years old and than everything changes...

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2013, 06:18:32 PM »
How does one do that?

Email the guy that runs this site...if you go to homepage (getbig.com) and look at the bottom of the page, there is his email address...he will verify you...you look very good for any age, by the way...props to you

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2013, 10:48:24 PM »

How the hell would you know, didn't you try to prove this? Maybe you can refresh our memories with your post-experiment pics.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2013, 10:59:44 PM »

I think most guys are at 20 years of training when they hit 40... and thus reaching their natural ceiling.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2013, 11:00:37 PM »
Where Palumbo makes the mistake is that not all 40 year old's are created equal. It's not like 100% of humans turn 40 years old and than everything changes...

Correct.

Jay cutler just turned 40 and he's the 6th best bodybuilder on Planet Earth. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2013, 11:03:12 PM »

I think most guys are at 20 years of training when they hit 40... and thus reaching their natural ceiling.  

Yes, and metabolism takes an incredible shit. I think I kept it up 'til maybe 41/42, then the wheels fell off. Injuries, strength loss, fat creeping up. Fuck, it was totally new territory.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2013, 11:07:37 PM »

Correct.

Yes, and his legs shrunk but only because he only worked out half ass and only on machines. I'm sure his drug regimen was still around 10 grams of week leading up to the big show so that wasn't the issue...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2013, 11:08:58 PM »

What are you doing with the knife Basile? lol. Not my work but thought it needed a repost :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2013, 11:13:49 PM »
Yes, and metabolism takes an incredible shit. I think I kept it up 'til maybe 41/42, then the wheels fell off. Injuries, strength loss, fat creeping up. Fuck, it was totally new territory.

i'm 37.   nutrition suddenly matters more than anything.  one week of eating crap and it looks like i haven't lifted in 6 months.  i gotta passs on those mcgriddles these days.  if i do get mcbreakfast, it's a sausage/egg burrito 2x a month, maybe, if i'm out and hungry and it's that or miss breakfast. 

definitely more difficult than it was at 30. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2013, 11:21:47 PM »
i'm 37.   nutrition suddenly matters more than anything.  one week of eating crap and it looks like i haven't lifted in 6 months.  i gotta passs on those mcgriddles these days.  if i do get mcbreakfast, it's a sausage/egg burrito 2x a month, maybe, if i'm out and hungry and it's that or miss breakfast.  

definitely more difficult than it was at 30.  

30 was when I first noticed it, that I had to work harder for the same results. 40, it didn't matter, work hard, diet down, body still wasn't responding very well. Then the injuries kicked in. Years of lifting heavy had just destroyed my joints and tendons. Looking back, I would have approached it differently. I would have stuck with lighter weights. But I bought into Dorian's heavy weight/intensity thing. Didn't end well.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2013, 11:41:43 PM »
30 was when I first noticed it, that I had to work harder for the same results. 40, it didn't matter, Work hard, diet down, body still wasn't responding very well. Then the injuries kicked in. Years of lifting heavy had just destroyed my joints and tendons. Looking back, I would have approached it differently. I would have stuck with lighter weights. But I bought into Dorian's heavy weight/intensity thing. Didn't end well.

I've done that a few times, when I had training buddies.  But I think volume works best for me.  When I show up in the gym and train for 60 minutes... not 59, but at least 60... I can get in 30+ sets with moderate intensity.  I'm not maxing out on bench or squats like I was ten years ago.  But I'm going heavy for 8 sets, moderate for 8 sets, then light to wrap things and focus on stamina.  I've focused a lot on core... an opportunity as a corporate dance partner arrived and i gotta be able to bend & twist in all sorts of new ways, pick my partner up, go down pretty close to a split... i'm feeling my age haha.  I should go read up on core and stamina training, but the WYHI threads are way more interesting :)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2013, 12:34:50 AM »
And you proved it didn't you... oh wait.

Last weekend Paul Graham promoted another Ifbb Australian & NSW Championship,around 5000 people attended.
8 category winners will be representing Australia at Arnold Classic '14.
Vince must be pissed in jealousy (again)  ;D.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2013, 01:11:19 AM »

Correct.

And dexter is 44 and top 5 and won the AC earlier this yr

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2013, 01:13:55 AM »
And dexter is 44 and top 5 and won the AC earlier this yr

Dex has exceptional genetics, though. He's an aberration.