Author Topic: It's 2006!! You know what that means....THE INVASION OF THE RESOLUTIONISTS!!!  (Read 3068 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I've had some great workout the last week or so, as it's been fairly empty at the gym!!

The only bad thing about this time of year, especially where I train (Bally Total Fitness), is that in about a week or two, the New Years' Resolutionist crew will be bum-rushing the gym, initially eager to whittle off those Christmas pounds.

I guess you take the bitter with the sweet.

Nonetheless, I've achieved all of my training goals in 2005:

- I reached my biggest bodyweight ever, 252 lbs.

- I broke the 400-lb mark on my bench press, reaching 405 on Sept. 1

- My arms hit the 181/4-inch mark.

- After bulking to 252, I managed to, as a last-minute goal, cut down to 227 in three months, maintaining most of my size and virtually all of my strength.

Bodybuilding-wise, 2005 was good for me. I hope 2006 is even better, not only for me but for all the GetBig folks here.

I hope you all had a MERRY CHRISTMAS and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Eat, Drink, Be Massive, and may God Bless You ALL!!!

MCWAY

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
Don't forget to shop at GNC  ;D

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Don't forget to shop at GNC  ;D
LET'S HOPE THAT MCWAY CLEANS UP ON HIS NEXT TRIP THERE, HAVENBULL.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
he always cleans up

I have a feeling that he takes a gun in there in case he doesn't "clean up"

McWay, is that a strip center GNC or a mall

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
he always cleans up

I have a feeling that he takes a gun in there in case he doesn't "clean up"

McWay, is that a strip center GNC or a mall

Two of the three I've hit as of late have been in shopping complexes; the other one is in a mall.

I do tend to search for the discounts, i.e. the trial-size jar of NITRO-TECH I picked up for $5 Thursday.

I'm going to see if I can find some more. Because GNC is making room for the new-look MuscleTech supplements, they're marking down a lot of the company's old products BIG TIME. That's how I found those 7-lb jugs of CELL-TECH for $20 each. I hope they still have those two 4.3-lb jugs, marked down to $14.25.

However, my main focus will be protein powder. GNC has marked down 5-lb jugs of EAS MyoPro Whey. The chocolate and vanilla flavors are reduced to $21 and change; the Banana-Cream flavor is a bit more pricey, $28.

And, of course, I'll be hunting for those RTDs. Last time, I got nearly two dozen Isopure regular and zero-carb RTDs, each for $0.88. Those and the ABB types tend to get marked down a lot.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
"What can I do to tone up my bologna tits?"

mar10s

• Getbig III
I hear ya on the rush at the gym...I use to do membership sales here at an athletic club in Milwaukee.  The best months to work sales were January and Feb.  It gets packed as hell in there and then ya have newbies that come to you and complain.  A month or two later..they say piss on it and quit.  Things here seem to get back to normal in the gym around March/April when the panzies can go jogging outside again by the lake and what not.  It seems like (around here anyway) the only time the general population thinks they have to lift weights is when there's snow on the ground. ::)  I never understood that.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
yeah but come FEB the gym will be back to normal
Valhalla awaits.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
yeah but come FEB the gym will be back to normal
Not if you live in a college town. Come February all the pretty boys invade my gym to get in shape for spring break in March. It's amazing, all these guys will be hogging all the flat benches, and wearing out DB curls in front of the mirror desperately trying to get some sort of muscle definition before they hit the beach... after spring break though, they are never to be seen again... at least not until next February.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
hahaha yeah they come in packs too you'll never see one of those guys training alone
bodybuildersreality.com

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things

I do tend to search for the discounts, i.e. the trial-size jar of NITRO-TECH I picked up for $5 Thursday.

That's how I found those 7-lb jugs of CELL-TECH for $20 each.

how come you capitalize that?
:-)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
I saw a guy benchpressing 95 lbs with stoppers on the barbell. What a freak.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I saw a guy benchpressing 95 lbs with stoppers on the barbell. What a freak.

YIP
Zack

I've seen some silly stuff as well. Some of the trainers at Bally have their female clients doing dumbbell curls and overhead dumbbell presses.....WHILE BOUNCING UP AND DOWN ON TRAMPOLINE.

Then, there's the tandem-squatting with a broomstick, with two girls, each with a giant Swiss ball behind them.

True to form, there are many new faces in the place. Fortunately, most of them are hitting the aerobic room and bikes and are leaving the fun toys alone for the more serious lifters.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
The first two-three weeks of the years always suck. However, come February everything fine again.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
The first two-three weeks of the years always suck. However, come February everything fine again.

it better. i haven't been able to get a cardio machine for the past 4 days.
:-)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
it better. i haven't been able to get a cardio machine for the past 4 days.

They're almost all gone at my gym.