Author Topic: 2013/14 NBA Thread  (Read 151742 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: 2013/14 NBA Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2014, 07:32:09 PM »
but then you would say kobe has 5 titles and lebron has zero, right?  do you guys forget that kobe asked the lakers to trade him?  he's not so loyal

I said I would respect Lebron more if he had stayed and not won 2 cheap rings.  I did not say that I would respect him more than Kobe.  What does Kobe have to do with how much I respect Lebron?

For the record, I love what Kobe did in 2007. It forced the organization to get serious about winning again instead of just fielding a decent team and making money of off him.  That's what they were doing until Kobe lit a fire under that ass.  My problem with Lebron is not about loyalty, it's about him jumping ship and fleeing to greener pastures as soon as he doesn't think his current team can win it all.  This is something he has now done twice.  Ring chasing at it's finest.  As great as he is, there is no way he can be compared to MJ or Kobe after all this.

wiggins and bennet are now gone, plus bennet looked like a poor man's michael olowakandi

that "young talent" couldn't even get them to the playoffs in a weak conference so give it a rest

E

Wiggins, who is arguable the best of that young talent never got a chance to play for them.  How can he "get them to the playoffs" if he didn't get a chance to play for them?  Cleveland dumped him for Kevin Love with Lebron acting as GM.  I've been hearing about Wiggins since he was a little school child.  He's gonna be a good player.  Kevin Love better be worth it or Lebron will end up in OKC with Durant and Westbrook.  lol.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2014, 08:00:44 PM »
I said I would respect Lebron more if he had stayed and not won 2 cheap rings.  I did not say that I would respect him more than Kobe.  What does Kobe have to do with how much I respect Lebron?

For the record, I love what Kobe did in 2007. It forced the organization to get serious about winning again instead of just fielding a decent team and making money of off him.  That's what they were doing until Kobe lit a fire under that ass.  My problem with Lebron is not about loyalty, it's about him jumping ship and fleeing to greener pastures as soon as he doesn't think his current team can win it all.  This is something he has now done twice.  Ring chasing at it's finest.  As great as he is, there is no way he can be compared to MJ or Kobe after all this.

Wiggins, who is arguable the best of that young talent never got a chance to play for them.  How can he "get them to the playoffs" if he didn't get a chance to play for them?  Cleveland dumped him for Kevin Love with Lebron acting as GM.  I've been hearing about Wiggins since he was a little school child.  He's gonna be a good player.  Kevin Love better be worth it or Lebron will end up in OKC with Durant and Westbrook.  lol.

the lakers are a much better org than the cavs and they are in la which is better than cleveland, at the time lebron couldn;t light a fire under their ass but he did by leaving, now you see what they have in cleveland

who gives a shit about "ring chasing", why do you have to nitpick little things like that to disrespect an amazing athlete?  he wouldn't had to "ring chase" if he played in LA or chicago

you're right there is no way to compare lebron to mj and kobe because neither could win a title with multiple teams as lebron will do in the future

wiggins couldn't even win an ncaa game, or did they lose in the 2nd round?  either way he wasn't a big difference maker so lets not pretend he's the 2nd coming of lebron

durant will go to washington, i guess you will say he's "ring chasing" too?

E
E

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2014, 08:33:48 PM »
the lakers are a much better org than the cavs and they are in la which is better than cleveland, at the time lebron couldn;t light a fire under their ass but he did by leaving, now you see what they have in cleveland

who gives a shit about "ring chasing", why do you have to nitpick little things like that to disrespect an amazing athlete?  he wouldn't had to "ring chase" if he played in LA or chicago

you're right there is no way to compare lebron to mj and kobe because neither could win a title with multiple teams as lebron will do in the future
wiggins couldn't even win an ncaa game, or did they lose in the 2nd round?  either way he wasn't a big difference maker so lets not pretend he's the 2nd coming of lebron

durant will go to washington, i guess you will say he's "ring chasing" too?

E

Lol, who gives a shit about "ring chasing"?  Well Lebron used to.  Here is a paragraph copied from an interview that Lebron gave to ESPN's Chriss Broussard published on Jan 5th, 2006.  You're gonna love this....

"It’s all about competing, about trying to be the best. It’s also important to me to make the team I’m on now the best. I don’t want to go ring-chasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that’s already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion. And I feel like we’re on our way".

Bwahahahahaha!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2014, 10:50:09 PM »
"crickets chirping"

Hahahahaha!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2014, 05:31:01 AM »
"crickets chirping"

Hahahahaha!
I think we all contradict ourselves at some point. I am far from a Lebron supporter, but I am in awe at how he seems to manipulate the league.

He jumps from team to team and picks half of the players that he wants to play with.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2014, 04:14:58 PM »
I think we all contradict ourselves at some point. I am far from a Lebron supporter, but I am in awe at how he seems to manipulate the league.

He jumps from team to team and picks half of the players that he wants to play with.

Lebon has contradicted himself so many times I can't keep track.  He's a talented douche who thinks he's smarter than he really is.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »
Lol, who gives a shit about "ring chasing"?  Well Lebron used to.  Here is a paragraph copied from an interview that Lebron gave to ESPN's Chriss Broussard published on Jan 5th, 2006.  You're gonna love this....

"It’s all about competing, about trying to be the best. It’s also important to me to make the team I’m on now the best. I don’t want to go ring-chasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that’s already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion. And I feel like we’re on our way".

Bwahahahahaha!

the point was who cares that he is ring chasing, all the great ones do it, unfortunately lebron was stuck in cleveland and nobody wanted to play there in 2010

lebron is the best player in the world and very well could exceed jordan, you're just going to have to live with that

there is absolutely no reason to think of him as a douche, he is loved by teammates and stars across the league and has a clean record

you cannot say that about kobe, hated by everybody and was on trial for rape

you can't say that about jordan either, bullied teammates, excessive gambling, and cheated on his wife

the hate is outrageous you just hate the idea that he can be better than your heroes, well too bad

E
E

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2014, 01:39:55 AM »
the point was who cares that he is ring chasing, all the great ones do it, unfortunately lebron was stuck in cleveland and nobody wanted to play there in 2010

lebron is the best player in the world and very well could exceed jordan, you're just going to have to live with that

there is absolutely no reason to think of him as a douche, he is loved by teammates and stars across the league and has a clean record

you cannot say that about kobe, hated by everybody and was on trial for rape

you can't say that about jordan either, bullied teammates, excessive gambling, and cheated on his wife

the hate is outrageous you just hate the idea that he can be better than your heroes, well too bad

E

I love how you just ignore Lebron's obscene hypocrisy regarding ring chasing.  And no, all the great ones do not do it.  Lebron will never be considered greater than MJ or Kobe.  People are not stupid, they can see what's going on.  He's a tremendously talented athlete but greatness takes more than that.  Frankly, I doubt that he will ever win shit in Cleveland with Kevin Love.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2014, 06:31:28 AM »
I love how you just ignore Lebron's obscene hypocrisy regarding ring chasing.  And no, all the great ones do not do it.  Lebron will never be considered greater than MJ or Kobe.  People are not stupid, they can see what's going on.  He's a tremendously talented athlete but greatness takes more than that.  Frankly, I doubt that he will ever win shit in Cleveland with Kevin Love.
unfortunately i disagree i really want to agree but no

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2014, 12:01:26 PM »
Yeah.  I think Love to Cleveland makes them a contender. 

Looks like there was a handshake agreement to send Love to Cleveland before LeBron made his decision.  Sort of takes a little shine off of the nobleness of his decision to go back home.

NBA Trade RUMORS: Kevin Love to Cavs Agreed Upon; Was Bill Simmons' Conspiracy Theory Correct?
By Thomas Carannante t.carannante@hngn.com | Aug 07, 2014

According to reports, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement in principle that would send Kevin Love to the Cavs when eligible on August 23. Can Bill Simmons' conspiracy theory now be validated?

Although the fact that the details of the leaked trade agreement violates provisions of the current collective bargaining agreement between the players and the NBA, it appears as if Kevin Love will be heading to Cleveland in exchange for 2014 No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins, 2013 No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett, and a protected 2015 first-round draft pick. The trade cannot be finalized until August 23 because Wiggins cannot be traded until 30 days after signing his rookie contract, which he inked on July 24.

The reports also suggest that there is a 'firm agreement' between Love and the Cavs that the All-Star power forward will re-sign with the team next summer for five years and $120 million after he opts out of his current contract. Again, such an arrangement is illegal according to NBA rules, but it remains to be seen how anyone will be punished or if they will be punished. Let's forget about the technicalities for a minute though. Just a few weeks ago NBA analyst Bill Simmons proposed a 'conspiracy theory' relative to the ongoing discussions between the Cavaliers and Timberwolves regarding the Kevin Love trade.

"I think this Kevin Love trade to Cleveland was already decided as part of the deal for LeBron to come back to Cleveland," said Simmons on ESPN Radio's The Herd with Colin Cowherd back on July 23. "I don't know this. I wouldn't bet my life on it. It's just like one of those gut-feeling conspiracy theories."

Simmons specifically points to the letter that LeBron penned when he announced his free agency decision earlier in July. The four-time MVP wrote that he was 'excited to leadsome talented young guys' and failed to mention Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett - the two youngest players on the team. He rattled off Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters, and it was later said Wiggins' and Bennetts' omission was an oversight.

"I don't believe in oversights when you're spending that much time writing a letter and mentioning players on a team," added Simmons. "It makes me think that the deal was already agreed on and they didn't want people to think that LeBron would only go back to Cleveland if they also traded for Kevin Love."

Oddly enough, about a week after Simmons made his claim, the Timberwolves announced they would be narrowing their Kevin Love trade talks solely to the Cavaliers (they had previously been in discussions with the Golden State Warriors and Chicago Bulls). This further suggested the deal was perhaps already agreed upon when Cleveland obtained the No. 1 overall pick in the NBA Draft while Dan Gilbert scrambled to find ways to lure LeBron James back to his team. Additionally, the fact that the reportedly incessant discussions rarely wavered among the two teams also suggests something is fishy about the whole transaction.

Whatever the case, apparently Kevin Love will head to Cleveland on August 23 and join LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson, Anderson Varajao, Mike Miller, and James Jones. You can read more about the agreement between the Wolves and Cavs in this ESPN article.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/38496/20140807/nba-trade-rumors-kevin-love-to-cavs-agreed-upon-was-bill-simmons-conspiracy-theory-correct.htm

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2014, 03:12:50 PM »

i didn't ignore it, i said he had to do it because nobody was going to cleveland in 2010, when will you finally admit that cleveland is not LA or any glamorous city that the nba stars want to play in?

he already is better than kobe

greatness takes more than what?  you are a retard if you don't think he is already an all time great, seriously

4 mvp's and 2 titles with many more to come you hater, the best athlete regardless the sport on the planet

E
E

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2014, 03:31:29 PM »
Let me sum up the last few pages:

Lakers fans arguing at how bad they will suck this season.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2014, 02:11:58 AM »
i didn't ignore it, i said he had to do it because nobody was going to cleveland in 2010, when will you finally admit that cleveland is not LA or any glamorous city that the nba stars want to play in?

he already is better than kobe

greatness takes more than what?  you are a retard if you don't think he is already an all time great, seriously

4 mvp's and 2 titles with many more to come you hater, the best athlete regardless the sport on the planet

E

Regular season MVP awards mean jack shit.  They are voted on by douchebag sportswriters.  Steve Nash won 2 in a row, Shaq only has 1.  That's all you need to know. 

Lebron has 2 rings in 5 tries.  In 4 of those 5 he had a stacked super team but still only won half the time.  Would have lost 3 out of those 4 if it wasn't for Ray Allen's miracle 3 pointer in 2013.  Like I said, Lebron is a great talent but his legacy does not stack up to guys like MJ, Abdul-Jabbar, Magic, Bird, Russell, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2014, 11:49:07 AM »
Let me sum up the last few pages:

Lakers fans arguing at how bad they will suck this season.

Not really.  I don't think any Laker fan is expecting the Lakers to be great this season.  I think a healthy Kobe and healthy overall team puts them back in the playoffs, but they're not a title contender. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2014, 09:06:29 PM »
Not really.  I don't think any Laker fan is expecting the Lakers to be great this season.  I think a healthy Kobe and healthy overall team puts them back in the playoffs, but they're not a title contender. 
They will be better then my Pacers  :-X

The Pacers recently tried to trade Roy Hibbert and bench player Copeland (and cash) to the Suns for Point guard Goran Dragic.

The Suns declined the offer. Bird trying to blow shit up now  :'(

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2014, 02:41:59 PM »
Regular season MVP awards mean jack shit.  They are voted on by douchebag sportswriters.  Steve Nash won 2 in a row, Shaq only has 1.  That's all you need to know. 

Lebron has 2 rings in 5 tries.  In 4 of those 5 he had a stacked super team but still only won half the time.  Would have lost 3 out of those 4 if it wasn't for Ray Allen's miracle 3 pointer in 2013.  Like I said, Lebron is a great talent but his legacy does not stack up to guys like MJ, Abdul-Jabbar, Magic, Bird, Russell, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan.

why do they "mean shit"?  because kobe only has 1?  lebron has 4 one less than jordan and he should have 5, no way derrick rose deserved it more

one of lebron's losses was with a average cleveland team the he carried, it's amazing he made it that far, kobe failed miserably with similar teams, they definitely underachieved against dallas but dirk played out of his mind

miracle 3 pointer?  you act like lebron stunk that entire series, if lebron didn't dominate ray allen never would've been in a position to make that 3 pointer

the fact that you compare his legacy with all time great like MJ and magic well BEFORE his career is over says a lot about the greatness of lebron, you criticize only because you don't like him personally

the 90's was a weak era of basketball, that's part of the reason jordan's bulls dominated

E

E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2014, 06:58:23 PM »
why do they "mean shit"?  because kobe only has 1?  lebron has 4 one less than jordan and he should have 5, no way derrick rose deserved it more

one of lebron's losses was with a average cleveland team the he carried, it's amazing he made it that far, kobe failed miserably with similar teams, they definitely underachieved against dallas but dirk played out of his mind

miracle 3 pointer?  you act like lebron stunk that entire series, if lebron didn't dominate ray allen never would've been in a position to make that 3 pointer

the fact that you compare his legacy with all time great like MJ and magic well BEFORE his career is over says a lot about the greatness of lebron, you criticize only because you don't like him personally

the 90's was a weak era of basketball, that's part of the reason jordan's bulls dominated

E

I agree with your 90s/Jordan basketball assessment, but what you said about Kobe's teams isn't accurate.  He had pretty bad teams after Shaq and before Pau.  And I don't think anything LeCramp did in Cleveland was any more impressive than Kobe taking Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker to the playoffs.  They almost beat the Suns too, who might have had the best record in the NBA that year?  In any event, taking that starting lineup to the playoffs in the Western Conference was pretty darn impressive. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2014, 12:31:26 AM »
why do they "mean shit"?  because kobe only has 1?  lebron has 4 one less than jordan and he should have 5, no way derrick rose deserved it more

miracle 3 pointer?  you act like lebron stunk that entire series, if lebron didn't dominate ray allen never would've been in a position to make that 3 pointer

E

They "mean shit" because they are voted on by douchebag sports reporters who often give the awards to the wrong person as I already pointed out.  They also mean shit because of these two words...REGULAR SEASON.

Yes, miracle three pointer.  Lebron was very underwhelming in that series and when they were about to lose in game six he had the deer in the headlights look again.  Ray Allen saved his sorry ass and with it his entire legacy, such as it is.

I'm not comparing his legacy to MJ and Magic, professor.  I'm saying that his legacy does not compare.  Reading comprehension bro.  Yes Lebron's still playing but this is his 12th year.  Magic only played 12 years and MJ 13 years(not counting his time with the Wizards at age 38-40).

Please don't talk about the 90's being a weak era.  Lebron plays in the East where there is essentially no competition and the last few years half the star players in the NBA have been out injured.  Lebron has literally cake walked to the finals the last 4 years.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2014, 11:53:54 AM »

Please don't talk about the 90's being a weak era.  Lebron plays in the East where there is essentially no competition and the last few years half the star players in the NBA have been out injured.  Lebron has literally cake walked to the finals the last 4 years.  

The 90s were very weak, but I agree with this. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2014, 03:37:57 PM »
They "mean shit" because they are voted on by douchebag sports reporters who often give the awards to the wrong person as I already pointed out.  They also mean shit because of these two words...REGULAR SEASON.

Yes, miracle three pointer.  Lebron was very underwhelming in that series and when they were about to lose in game six he had the deer in the headlights look again.  Ray Allen saved his sorry ass and with it his entire legacy, such as it is.

I'm not comparing his legacy to MJ and Magic, professor.  I'm saying that his legacy does not compare.  Reading comprehension bro.  Yes Lebron's still playing but this is his 12th year.  Magic only played 12 years and MJ 13 years(not counting his time with the Wizards at age 38-40).

so the regular season doesn't matter?  who would you have given the mvp the years lebron won? 

if lebron was underwhelming why was he named mvp of the finals?  now will you tell me the finals mvp doesn't matter, right?  how many points does lebron have to average in the finals for you to think he wasn't "underwhelming"?

how many titles would magic or jordan have if they played on the teams lebron had?  you conveniently forget the teams they played on as if kareem, worthy, or pippen were players the caliber of birdman, they did it all themselves ::)

when you say one legacy doesn't compare to another, you are comparing them "genius"

what great teams did jordan's bulls beat?  barkley and a bunch of jobbers, one year wonders in vin baker and shawn kemp, old and watered down lakers with magic

he won titles once the lakers, celtics, and pistons got old that's a fact

ever think they cake walked because they are that damn good?  the heat would dominate any team jordan's bulls beat, they also weren't good enough to star in the league at 18

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2014, 03:39:45 PM »
The 90s were very weak, but I agree with this. 

but why does that make a difference?

he beat the best the west had to offer twice and if his team actually showed up this year it would've been a third

would oklahoma or anybody other than the spurs have beaten the heat this year?

E
E

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2014, 11:05:51 PM »
Time is gonna prove me right about old Lebron and his flimsy legacy.  It already is but people just don't want to admit the truth. 

It's fine, I'll wait.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2014, 02:38:13 PM »
Time is gonna prove me right about old Lebron and his flimsy legacy.  It already is but people just don't want to admit the truth. 

It's fine, I'll wait.
Lebron is probably already considered top 10 of all time for some people.

In my mind, there will always be an asterisk next to his name.

It should say: Lebron played during the ring chasing era.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2014, 04:21:06 PM »

It's fine, I'll wait.

his legacy at worst is an all time top 10 player, 2 more titles and he's arguably the best ever, he shouldn't be penalized for playing for the worst franchise in the league his first few years

you don't have to agree with all the people that actually know what they are talking about, but why not appreciate his greatness while you are watching it rather than be a hater?

we are all a witness 8)

E
E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2014, 04:23:00 PM »
Lebron is probably already considered top 10 of all time for some people.

In my mind, there will always be an asterisk next to his name.

It should say: Lebron played during the ring chasing era.

you mean the era where the best players got stuck with horrible franchises in unglamorous cities

i'm sure you guys would stay in your dead end town if there wasn't a better job opportunity in a better city

E
E