Author Topic: Ever had a true episode of mental mania self induced?  (Read 6031 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Ever had a true episode of mental mania self induced?
« on: October 23, 2013, 05:31:31 PM »
the other day was reading some thread on some sight where someone said "i dont want my soul to exist eternally"

the more i thought about what was said its like my mind went deeper into that thought putting itself in a place full of fear of the eternal. with also feelings of that feeling you get when your looking down from a very tall building, kinda like when i watch vids of those russian kids just jumping around on the roofs of sky scrapers lol but scary as fuck

anyways i was curious about this feeling and let it continue, not thinking rationally about it but more less teleporting my senses into something "eternal" wich was scary as fuck to ponder. i had that frightening feeling physically and mentally u know looking down from a tall building ect.

i felt my metabolism quickly elevate and in pure fear and desperation i jumped up out of my chair and was literally about to run outside in a madness but stayed in my house and moderatley yelled "I cant take this any more" then i preceeded to calm down because i was feeling very upset thinking about all this

just thought id share. the thought of eternal is pretty intense
A

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Ever had a true episode of mental mania self induced?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 05:54:56 PM »

i felt my metabolism quickly elevate and in pure fear and desperation i jumped up out of my chair and was literally about to run outside in a madness but stayed in my house and moderatley yelled "I cant take this any more" then i preceeded to calm down because i was feeling very upset thinking about all this

Haha

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 05:55:10 PM »
Not purposely but you could say it was self-induced in a way. It was intense. You ever have a night terror? I don't want share what my night terror was but lets just say it was the worst of the worst. Well I woke up but part of my consciousness was still trapped in the dream. I still felt those feelings of dread and utter terror while awake in the real world. It's hard to describe those feelings because I have never experienced them before. It was like my world was spinning and the devil was laughing. I just wanted to end it. God's honest truth I wanted to die.

I don't know what I experienced but if hell is real i'd say without a doubt I've been there.
A

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:59:04 PM »
Not purposely but you could say it was self-induced in a way. It was intense. You ever have a night terror? I don't want share what my night terror was but lets just say it was the worst of the worst. Well I woke up but part of my consciousness was still trapped in the dream. I still felt those feelings of dread and utter terror. It's hard to describe those feelings because I have never experienced them before. It was like my world was spinning and the devil was laughing. I just wanted to end it. God's honest truth I wanted to die.

Choad. 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 07:20:38 PM »
no

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 07:38:56 PM »
Not purposely but you could say it was self-induced in a way. It was intense. You ever have a night terror? I don't want share what my night terror was but lets just say it was the worst of the worst. Well I woke up but part of my consciousness was still trapped in the dream. I still felt those feelings of dread and utter terror while awake in the real world. It's hard to describe those feelings because I have never experienced them before. It was like my world was spinning and the devil was laughing. I just wanted to end it. God's honest truth I wanted to die.

I don't know what I experienced but if hell is real i'd say without a doubt I've been there.
holy shit i guess that will be the next thing to happen for me

A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 07:41:03 PM »
the other day was reading some thread on some sight where someone said "i dont want my soul to exist eternally"

the more i thought about what was said its like my mind went deeper into that thought putting itself in a place full of fear of the eternal. with also feelings of that feeling you get when your looking down from a very tall building, kinda like when i watch vids of those russian kids just jumping around on the roofs of sky scrapers lol but scary as fuck

anyways i was curious about this feeling and let it continue, not thinking rationally about it but more less teleporting my senses into something "eternal" wich was scary as fuck to ponder. i had that frightening feeling physically and mentally u know looking down from a tall building ect.

Dear Penthouse......

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 08:18:53 PM »
Sounds like you came close to a panic attack but talked yourself down. Panic attacks are no joke...

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 08:29:10 PM »
Sounds like you came close to a panic attack but talked yourself down. Panic attacks are no joke...

aaaaaaaaah       ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 09:23:04 PM »

This is a sign....a sign that you really need to lighten up. There are things we cannot control in this world. Things like whether our souls live on after we die. You won't have an answer to this until you die. Hopefully that isn't for many years yet.

Do you fear death? I remember when you thought you were having a heart attack and it freaked you out. A natural response, to be sure, but also telling about how you may fear dying. We are all going to die someday Falcon. There is no reason to fear it. You can't avoid it. Embrace it when it comes, just as you should embrace life while your living it. If you worry too much about what might happen, you'll forget to live until it does.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 09:30:02 PM »
This is a sign....a sign that you really need to lighten up. There are things we cannot control in this world. Things like whether our souls live on after we die. You won't have an answer to this until you die. Hopefully that isn't for many years yet.

Do you fear death? I remember when you thought you were having a heart attack and it freaked you out. A natural response, to be sure, but also telling about how you may fear dying. We are all going to die someday Falcon. There is no reason to fear it. You can't avoid it. Embrace it when it comes, just as you should embrace life while your living it. If you worry too much about what might happen, you'll forget to live until it does.

it would suck to die though man it would also suck to be eternal wouldnt it. fuck either way im thinking about this shit ahead of time. Its in my blood to feel the pain and redicule, if you havent felt that from me here yet. this type of pain isnt really fun but it is interesting, but its more of a sensation and not really teaching me anything.

at best , what we can tell from an emotion is that an emotion is pure sound. now that is something tangible to explore

Lots of bro's not wanting to think about this stuff though

i just need to focus on technology and what is time, peizeoelectricity, what is time travel. and learning other things that may be more 'tangible' than death and or eternalism
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 09:30:48 PM »
What I've learned is there is a dimension of consciousness that's best not explored. I've never done acid, lsd or any hardcore drugs and I'm glad because I would probably be one of those people who jumps out of a window to his death on a bad trip.
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 09:34:43 PM »
What I've learned is there is a dimension of consciousness that's best not explored. I've never done acid, lsd or any hardcore drugs and I'm glad because I would probably be one of those people who jumps out of a window to his death on a bad trip.
i no longer can handle that shit

you are right, if you cant explore it first with reason, science or physics then best not to just dive into something unknown. it would be like arriving at some random planet not knowing what the atmosphere is like could it be poisonis ect

i wish i thought like this before i ever smoked weed in the first place. i was so eager to make friends that i jumped the bandwagon to smoke, stupid me. im sure some abilities were lost because of it

i could blame my parents for not giving me better social skills when i was younger, but its best to man up and move on and not point a finger, but now take lead
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 09:36:23 PM »

I had one experience with LSD many years ago. It was a valid learning experience for me. I had no thoughts of jumping out the window or flying for that matter.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »
I had one experience with LSD many years ago. It was a valid learning experience for me. I had no thoughts of jumping out the window or flying for that matter.

LSD is an awesome thing.  It can expand your consciousness, IF you let it. If you fight it, well, you'll be in for a long 6-8 hours

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 09:41:20 PM »

you are right, if you cant explore it first with reason, science or physics then best not to just dive into something unknown. it would be like arriving at some random planet not knowing what the atmosphere is like could it be poisonis ect

i wish i thought like this before i ever smoked weed in the first place. i was so eager to make friends that i jumped the bandwagon to smoke, stupid me. im sure some abilities were lost because of it

i could blame my parents for not giving me better social skills when i was younger, but its best to man up and move on and not point a finger, but now take lead

Dude you're absolutely right with your analogy. Have you seen Event Horizon? That was scary man.

Consciousness is absolutely fascinating to me but I fear what I may discover.

and you're right about moving on... Its all we can do.
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 09:56:24 PM »

Weed never did it for me. Made me feel paranoid. I like feeling good not lousy.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 10:27:49 PM »
If yo really stop and think about how crazy life is (we are hurdling through space) the life seems prertty crazy...

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 10:31:14 PM »

Did your mom have to slap you back to your senses?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 11:01:15 PM »

I had a major "night terror" when I was about 18 years old. I thought I was dying for sure and couldn't escape it. It was a very scary feeling. Like you, I survived. Never had one like that since.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 11:09:44 PM »
I had the exact same thought before, that there is no end, but you are forced exist eternally in one form or another.

It would mean continuously enslaved under ruthless survival instincts.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 11:16:40 PM »
I had the exact same thought before, that there is no end, but you are forced exist eternally in one form or another.

It would mean continuously enslaved under ruthless survival instincts.

On the other hand, it could simply be "ashes to ashes, dust to dust!" When you die, that's it....fini. There is no afterlife, no soul, no heaven and no hell just worms or fire until you end up as fertilizer for the next thing to come from this earth. Perhaps that's our contribution to the cycle of life.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 11:45:42 PM »
Stimulant psychosis

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stimulant psychosis

Classification and external resources

Stimulant psychosis is a psychotic disorder that occurs in some people who use stimulant drugs. Stimulant psychosis commonly occurs in people who abuse drugs; but it also occurs in some patients taking therapeutic doses of stimulant drugs under medical supervision.[1]

The most common causative agents are amphetamines and cocaine although newer designer drugs such as MDPV, Ethylphenidate and a-PVP can produce severe psychotic episodes that occur more rapidly and are more intense and longer lasting.[medical citation needed] Other more powerful Norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor-type drugs, such as 2-DPMP, can produce multi-day psychotic episodes from acute overdose.[medical citation needed]

Contents
  [hide] 1 Signs and symptoms
2 Stimulants known to cause psychosis 2.1 Amphetamines
2.2 Cocaine
2.3 Methylphenidate
2.4 Caffeine

3 Treatment
4 Distinction from excited delirium
5 See also
6 References
7 Further reading
8 External links

Signs and symptoms[edit]

The symptoms of stimulant psychosis may vary slightly depending on the drug ingested but generally include the symptoms of organic psychosis including hallucinations, delusions, thought disorder, and, in extreme cases, catatonia.

In cases of stimulant psychosis (but not organic psychosis) patients tend to also present with the physical symptoms of prolonged stimulant abuse or acute overdose. These additional symptoms may include aggression, arrhythmia, dilated pupils, diarrhea, hypertension, hyperthermia, nausea, rapid breathing, restlessness, seizures, sleep deprivation, tremor, and vomiting.[2]

Stimulants known to cause psychosis[edit]

Amphetamines[edit]

Amphetamine and its derivatives are known to induce psychosis typically when chronically abused or used in high doses.[3] In an Australian study of 309 active methamphetamine users 18% had experienced a clinical level psychosis in the past year.[4] The generic term "Amphetamines" describes both amphetamine proper as well as the substituted amphetamines. The amphetamine molecule consists of a phenethylamine core with a methyl group attached to the alpha carbon. The substituted amphetamines consist of the same structure with one or more substitutions. Common examples include cathinone, DOM, ephedrine, MDMA, methamphetamine, methcathinone, and methylphenidate though a large number of such compounds have been synthesized.

The symptoms of amphetamine psychosis include auditory and visual hallucinations, delusions of persecution, and delusions of reference concurrent with both clear consciousness and prominent extreme agitation.[5][6] A Japanese study of recovery from methamphetamine psychosis reported a 64% recovery rate within 10 days rising to an 82% recovery rate at 30 days after methamphetamine cessation.[7] However it has been suggested that around 5–15% of users fail to make a complete recovery in the long term.[8] Furthermore, even at a small dose, the psychosis can be quickly reestablished.[7] Psychosocial stress has been found to be an independent risk factor for psychosis relapse even without further amphetamine use in certain cases.[9]

The symptoms of acute amphetamine psychosis are very similar to those of the acute phase of schizophrenia[3] although in amphetamine psychosis visual hallucinations are more common and thought disorder is rare.[10] Amphetamine psychosis may be purely related to high drug usage, or high drug usage may trigger an underlying vulnerability to schizophrenia.[3] There is some evidence that vulnerability to amphetamine psychosis and schizophrenia may be genetically related. Relatives of methamphetamine users with a history of amphetamine psychosis are five times more likely to have been diagnosed with schizophrenia than relatives of methamphetamine users without a history of amphetamine psychosis.[11] The disorders are often distinguished by a rapid resolution of symptoms in amphetamine psychosis, while schizophrenia is more likely to follow a chronic course.[12]

Although rare and not formally recognized,[13][14] a condition known as Amphetamine Withdrawal Psychosis (AWP) may occur upon cessation of amphetamine use and, as the name implies, involves psychosis that appears on withdrawal from amphetamine. However, unlike similar disorders, in AWP amphetamines reduce rather than increase symptoms, and the psychosis or mania resolves with resumption of the previous dosing schedule.[15]

Cocaine[edit]

Cocaine has a similar potential to induce temporary psychosis[16] with more than half of cocaine abusers reporting at least some psychotic symptoms at some point.[17]Typical symptoms of sufferers include paranoid delusions that they are being followed and that their drug use is being watched accompanied by hallucinations that support the delusional beliefs.[17] Delusional parasitosis with formication ("cocaine bugs") is also a fairly common symptom.[18]

Cocaine-induced psychosis shows sensitization toward the psychotic effects of the drug. This means that psychosis becomes more severe with repeated intermittent use.[17][19]

Methylphenidate[edit]

Methylphenidate, better known by its trade name Ritalin, is a central nervous system stimulant with a similar mechanism of action to cocaine.[20][21] Chronic abuse of methylphenidate can also lead to psychosis.[22][23] Although the safety profile of short-term methylphenidate therapy has been well-established, with short-term clinical trials revealing a very low incidence (0.1%) of methylphenidate-induced psychosis at therapeutic dose levels,[24] the specific effects of long-term use of methylphenidate, even at therapeutic doses, remain largely unknown.[25][26] A naturalistic study published in 1999 with an average follow up time of 21 months showed that 6 of 98 children and adolescents who were prescribed methylphenidate in an outpatient clinic developed psychotic symptoms while taking the drug at therapeutic dosages (the exception being a 17 year old on 80 mg daily) with most improving after drug cessation. However the lack of a control group makes it impossible to attribute these effects to the medication.[27]

Concerns have been raised that long-term therapy might cause drug dependence, paranoia, schizophrenia, and behavioral sensitization in a similar manner to other stimulant drugs.[28] Psychotic symptoms from methylphenidate can include hearing voices, visual hallucinations, urges to harm oneself, severe anxiety, mania, grandiosity, paranoid delusions, confusion, increased aggression, and irritability. It is difficult to predict who will develop methylphenidate psychosis as family history of mental illness does not predict the incidence of stimulant toxicosis in children with ADHD.

Withdrawal symptoms of methylphenidate can include psychosis and depression[29] and can be minimized by gradually tapering off the medication.[30][31][32] A very small study (19 subjects) of abrupt withdrawal from stimulants used at therapeutic doses for ADHD and chronic tic disorder suggests that withdrawal reactions are not typical. Nonetheless withdrawal reactions may still occur in susceptible individuals.[33]

Caffeine[edit]

There is limited evidence that caffeine, in high doses or when chronically abused, may induce psychosis in normal individuals and worsen pre-existing psychosis in those diagnosed with schizophrenia.[34][35][36]

Caffeine-induced psychosis is infrequently reported in medical literature and remains controversial due to a lack of study or evidence. It is not clear whether it occurs by a similar mechanism to other stimulant psychoses or whether it is an entirely different process. Like other stimulants caffeine increases dopamine levels though only indirectly. A co-factor of caffeine-induced psychosis may be malnutrition especially in a diet lacking in the B-vitamins. High chronic doses of caffeine, theobromine or theophylline can lead to an exhaustion of the nervous system which may form the basis for a subsequent psychosis.[37][38]

Prolonged heavy use of caffeine is also known to cause chronic insomnia and the ensuing sleep deprivation may then be source of psychosis-like symptoms.[medical citation needed]

Treatment[edit]

Treatment consists of supportive care during the acute intoxication phase: maintaining hydration, body temperature, blood pressure, and heart rate at acceptable levels until the drug is sufficiently metabolized to allow vital signs to return to baseline. Typical and atypical antipsychotics have been shown to be helpful in the early stages of treatment.[3] This is followed by abstinence from psychostimulants supported with counseling or medication designed to assist the individual preventing a relapse and the resumption of a psychotic state.

Distinction from excited delirium[edit]

Though less common than stimulant psychosis stimulants such as cocaine and amphetamines as well as the dissociative drug phencyclidine (PCP, angel dust) can also cause a severe and life-threatening condition known as excited delirium. This condition manifests as a combination of delirium, psychomotor agitation, anxiety, delusions, hallucinations, speech disturbances, disorientation, violent and bizarre behavior, insensitivity to pain, elevated body temperature, and superhuman strength.[39] Despite some superficial similarities in presentation excited delirium is a distinct (and more serious) condition than stimulant psychosis.

See also[edit]
Amphetamine
Delusional parasitosis
Dopamine hypothesis of psychosis
Excited delirium
Psychosis
Substance-induced psychosis

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 11:56:16 PM »

This happened to me after trying salvia. 

lol.  jk, but this is how a friend described his only salvia trip, only there was no devil.  i remember him saying that half his body was stuck in a 'dream' and he was trying to pull it out into reality.  he was awake the entire time, mind you.  hahahaha