Author Topic: Greg Kovacs Leg Pressing over a Ton for 20 reps  (Read 35369 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Greg Kovacs Leg Pressing over a Ton for 20 reps
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2006, 08:56:21 PM »
Thats too hard to beleive, come on ! Inclining the 300's?? Has anyone ever even inclined 600 on the BB Bench?
I gotta call some serious bullshit on that, nothing personal though. I think u oughtta put in context the enormous hype created around Grg kovacs back in the day(or so I have read, I havent been following bb'ing for too long)

Dude, I've seen Kovacs in person. His size...unfuckingbelievab le. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2006, 04:05:00 AM »
In his video he's not near 20 reps, he's doing 8 or 9 on the legpress. And I count to 10  plates per side +  6 per side over the front.

Now the video is pretty low quality, but there's no 20 reps, and there's no ton of weight there that's for sure.

After that he do machine hacksquats, 6 plates per side for 14 or 15 reps.

Also his training partner got a really annoying voice  >:(
Z

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2006, 04:07:08 AM »
  Not arguing with that. As a bodybuilder, Ronnie rapes Kovacs in the pooper. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

not only in the pooper, Ronnie poops on Kovac after the rape
I am a mini beast

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2006, 04:07:57 AM »
Result of 2000 pounds of leg press.

Awesome quad development I must say
I am a mini beast

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2006, 04:11:28 AM »
He looks like Frankenstein. Photoshop anyone?
"Shut the F up and train"

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2006, 04:12:45 AM »
I'm not going near this thread again if you don't stop posting those pictures!  >:(
Z

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2006, 05:32:54 AM »
where have jim manion or peter mcgough ever stated that they saw kovacs use 300 lbs. for presses???

we all know how big kovacs is but everyone who seems him talks just as much about his gut than his size.

there are so many claims about kovacs, mostly due from muscletech about his strength, but yet they are never proven.

acutally a few years back, 2000 or 2001, ed coan challenged kovacs, despite being 100 lbs. less than him.  kovacs backed out.  people got tired of the claims and him not proving it.  eventually, he just bc a laughing stock.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2006, 06:18:58 AM »
Apparently there are a TON of bodybuilding newbies on this board now....nobody in the history of bodybuilding ever said Greg was a good bodybuilder....he has however ALWAYS been pound for pound one of the strongest guys ever. You can all go on and on about camera tricks and Ronnies lifts....but until you saw him in the gym in person lifting the most insane weight in your life...you can't say much. And he didn't do little half reps or only do 4 reps per exercise...we're talking 5 plate inclines for like 15 to 20 reps sometimes. Hate on him all you want for how he looks now....but he would crush every single guy on this board and pretty much 90% of every pro bodybuilder there has ever been. Greg is a great guy, but unfortunetaly easily influenced by others and by trying to live up to the hype that was created...to a fault.

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2006, 06:25:29 AM »
Quote from: Someone
Isn't  a ton 2200 lbs. Shame it doesn't show his ROM, for all we know he could be moving 2 inches

Ronnie did 2300 for 8 after squating like 800 lbs. Aint nuttin but a peanut.

Ronnie's ROM in that press is about half of what Yates does in Blood and Guts. What's Ronnie doing, about 7-8 inches? Ronnie lifts some enormous weights but his reps are nearly always partials - chest, squats, or whatever. If you don't believe me, take another look at The Cost of Redemption. If clearly works for him, but while he goes to parallel in the squat during that 800 lbs (or all the other sets), he doesn't stand up much at all. Same for the bench - he never pushes out completely, only about 50-60 per cent of the way. Evidently that keeps the pressure on the muscle in the key part of the move, but it's hardly textbook. Lou Ferrigno did the same exact thing.
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2006, 08:30:05 AM »
  Listen, dumb bitch, before you call me a retard, understand the subject you're talking about. Both Jim Schmaltz and Peter McGough confirmed that Greg inclined press those dumbbells. Does this mean Greg is a better bodybuilder than Ronnie, or even a good bodybuilder? No, he is a terrible bodybuilder. Yet, when it comes to sheere strengh, he's an invincible titan. Kovacs can take Ronnie on any exercise, except on the dead-lift, at which Ronnie and Kovacs are comparable.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

hold on you complete fucking idiot, i was saying it in a sense of awe, not questioning the validity of the story. Shut your fucking mouth next time you want to show as much intelligence as a blister on a monkeys arsehole.
Scouser on Tour

suckmymuscle

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2006, 12:27:33 PM »
hold on you complete fucking idiot, i was saying it in a sense of awe, not questioning the validity of the story. Shut your fucking mouth next time you want to show as much intelligence as a blister on a monkeys arsehole.

Yeah, monkey's asshole...you're confusing me with your relatives. ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2006, 12:52:37 PM »
Kovacs always had an awkward structure, he just seemed to be wide and huge all over. I remember looking at photos of hime from some of my old Flex magazines Muscletech adds. He was a friggin' monster, but the only time he really ever competed seriously was when he got his pro card in canada and the NOC, one time at the Arnold etc. He always looked his best not in "contest" shape, he was just gigantic. That picture of him was in some of those adds BTW and those costum made 225 lb dumbells were featured in Flex as well. Even though he looks like utter hell now, he was one of the stongest, if not the strongest pro-BB out there, no question about it.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2006, 03:50:32 PM »
i remember a pic of him in a Muscletech ad from like 6 or 7 years ago where he's sitting with his back to the camera wearing a ballcap backward and his back looked inhuman in both thickness and width.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

GMCtrk

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2006, 04:48:50 PM »
Ronnie's ROM in that press is about half of what Yates does in Blood and Guts. What's Ronnie doing, about 7-8 inches? Ronnie lifts some enormous weights but his reps are nearly always partials - chest, squats, or whatever. If you don't believe me, take another look at The Cost of Redemption. If clearly works for him, but while he goes to parallel in the squat during that 800 lbs (or all the other sets), he doesn't stand up much at all. Same for the bench - he never pushes out completely, only about 50-60 per cent of the way. Evidently that keeps the pressure on the muscle in the key part of the move, but it's hardly textbook. Lou Ferrigno did the same exact thing.

When you are pressing a 200lbs DB you can take it down any freaking lower than Ronnie does do due the sheer size of the DB. Also, Ronnie's style of training where he never locksout is also much harder than a "normal" lift, you try it, you wear out much much faster

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2006, 04:50:05 PM »
  Dude, I've seen Kovacs in person. His size...unfuckingbelievab le. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

SUCKMYMUSCLE
ok..but make sure to be a little skeptical next time you read a muscletech ad  :P
follow the arrows

suckmymuscle

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2006, 05:35:02 PM »
ok..but make sure to be a little skeptical next time you read a muscletech ad  :P

Thanks for the warning, dad. ::)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2006, 06:03:22 PM »
..joke, you need to take a chill pill bro.
follow the arrows

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »
Don't give a toss how strong he was or is I remember seeing him coming down the stairs backstage at the NOC years ago and every one just stopping and steering at the huge abscess he had on his shoulder, it was so prominant he looked if he had a delt that looked like a triangle, I thought to myself then , dude you may be a big fucker but you look like shit,so all that strength meant nothing really---- especially if i could have bet him !!!!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2006, 06:24:53 PM »
..joke, you need to take a chill pill bro.

I knew you were joking. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2006, 07:32:24 PM »
  I knew you were joking. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

careful, he's a Pakis
I am a mini beast

suckmymuscle

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2006, 09:07:19 PM »
careful, he's a Pakis

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2006, 09:15:38 PM »
Yup, Paki Terrorist  8)
follow the arrows

suckmymuscle

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2006, 10:02:35 PM »
  Back to the subject of Kovacs:Strongest being ever, or just the strongest HUMAN being? ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2006, 04:06:50 AM »
  Back to the subject of Kovacs:Strongest being ever, or just the strongest HUMAN being? ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Neither, he's just a strong bloke who made a fool of himself on the bodybuilding stage
I am a mini beast

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2007, 11:20:15 PM »
bump to bring this thread to life for no reason