Author Topic: does getbig pretty much agree that the "eat big to get big" principle is a joke?  (Read 17124 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
I agree.. another bb myth .. eating clean and smart with quality hormones is much smarter

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
He's quite the bbing philosopher, you gotta give him that  ;D

I would rather call him a "brosopher" ;D
I've said it before, he should write a book.

galeniko

• Getbig V
oh fuck how can one believe in calculators ::) ::)

your calculator is built in to the body.

its called hunger.

try it, if youre hungry between meals, you lose weight.

if youre not , you gain weight.

lol at calculators, selectively trying to have an excuse to eat so much calories.

the calculator doesnt know your activity levels,and it dont even wrok like that in the first place.

even the govt recommendents for calories are off, do ppl even know where those come from?the 2000cals a day for women and 2500cals a day for men?

any idea where those ridiculous claims come from? ::)

haha give a woman 2000cals a day ,who doesnt work out and has sitting job and see the hippo in the making
n

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
eating big meal of peace  ::)

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV

its called hunger.

lol at calculators, selectively trying to have an excuse to eat so much calories.

the calculator doesnt know your activity levels,and it dont even wrok like that in the first place.

even the govt recommendents for calories are off, do ppl even know where those come from?the 2000cals a day for women and 2500cals a day for men?

haha give a woman 2000cals a day ,who doesnt work out and has sitting job and see the hippo in the making

Agreed. The calculator for me is wayyyyy off. I can eat 600 more calories than it says to for a cut and lose weight.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
you have to take into account what you do for a living

are you a scaffholder working 12 hr shifts and training every day, or are you an office worker who trains 3 days a week

The Revelation

• Getbig II
I agree.. another bb myth .. eating clean and smart with quality hormones is much smarter

spot on

this whole dinosaur mentality needs to die.

if every guy posting in this thread who says you need to eat big to get big posted a pic of what they looked like at this very moment would get laughed off the board.

big doesnt mean fat. big means lean tissue. too many permabulkers in here giving very outdated shitty advice. 

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
spot on

if every guy posting in this thread who says you need to eat big to get big posted a pic of what they looked like at this very moment would get laughed off the board.

big doesnt mean fat. big means lean tissue. too many permabulkers in here giving very outdated shitty advice. 
Ron Love told me he ate clean, small meals, very simple year round .. 6 oz chicken, some brocolly and a little white rice 6 times a day.. not a ton of food but enough ..

theEsquire

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
Wasn't Vince a big believer in burgers, fries & a coke?

From an interview with David Robson:

DR: How has your diet evolved over the years?
VT: I will always have my Coca Cola. Right now it gets blended with a little scotch most of the time, and I have my beer. My diet has always been relaxed. It has never been one of those strict diets. I always try to maintain at least three meals a day, sometimes this is very hard. Sometimes it is one or two. This time around I have bumped it to five meals by adding two shakes to my diet. But overall I'm not a big food consumer, never have been, never would be. So nothing has really changed there.

DR: That is a very unorthodox approach. What is the composition of your diet?
VT: High protein. High carbohydrates I have very seldom, especially now I have been training hard for the last seven months or so. My carb intake has always been low. I don't like breads and don't eat a lot of potatoes and white rice. You won't find my type of eating habits in home. My eating habits are more Burger King burgers - I do this often. My main meal is breakfast, which is bacon, eggs, ketchup.

DR: Three meals a day seems inconceivable for a top tier bodybuilder like yourself?
VT: About three usually. It might be down to two depending on if I eat or skip breakfast. I'm out the door to the gym. Come home and have a meal between 12 and one. Back to the gym at five, come home and have something to eat, and have my scotch. All of a sudden you have only had two or three meals for the day. I'm used to that. I can go all day with only one meal.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
spot on

lean tissue is built in a calorie surplus.. i dont agree with blowing up 4 or 5 stone past a contest weight anymore, but if you want to progress and not just look good( but stay the same ) you need to eat more, train harder, take more drugs

im not out to grow anymore, i eat clean and maintain visible abbs all year round this all depends in what stage of life your in

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
It's true but there's a limit. Too much nonsense on other boards preaching overeating and people end up getting fat

Also, a HUGE factor people don't want to mention for some reason is the fact that people with high metabolisms that are induced with drugs like tren have to eat more to grow. Bigger people with higher metabolisms need to eat more than smaller people not on a drug like tren for instance.
good point, i've thought of this today as i again had shit for apetite7

test doesnt make you hungry at all

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

VT: I will always have my Coca Cola. Right now it gets blended with a little scotch most of the time, and I have my beer. My diet has always been relaxed. It has never been one of those strict diets. I always try to maintain at least three meals a day, sometimes this is very hard. Sometimes it is one or two. This time around I have bumped it to five meals by adding two shakes to my diet. But overall I'm not a big food consumer, never have been, never would be. So nothing has really changed there.

VT: High protein. High carbohydrates I have very seldom, especially now I have been training hard for the last seven months or so. My carb intake has always been low. I don't like breads and don't eat a lot of potatoes and white rice. You won't find my type of eating habits in home. My eating habits are more Burger King burgers - I do this often. My main meal is breakfast, which is bacon, eggs, ketchup.

DR: Three meals a day seems inconceivable for a top tier bodybuilder like yourself?
VT: About three usually. It might be down to two depending on if I eat or skip breakfast. I'm out the door to the gym. Come home and have a meal between 12 and one. Back to the gym at five, come home and have something to eat, and have my scotch. All of a sudden you have only had two or three meals for the day. I'm used to that. I can go all day with only one meal.

Amazing, dude was always in great shape..

anabolichalo

• Getbig V

its called hunger.

how can someone calculate his food intake everyday years at a time without ending up in a lunatic asylum?

i mean i did this when i was 16, weighing pieces of food with a micro scale

calculating calories in the correct carbs to protein ratios etc and it nearly drove to clinical madness

galeniko

• Getbig V

yah sounds like low carb diet.

he doesnt seem to eat the whole burgers and frries at burgerking.

also, how much coke does he drink.1 can day wont hurt
n

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
how can someone calculate his food intake everyday years at a time without ending up in a lunatic asylum?

i mean i did this when i was 16, weighing pieces of food with a micro scale

calculating calories in the correct carbs to protein ratios etc and it nearly drove to clinical madness

you clearly werent ready back then, i feel for you...

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
you clearly werent ready back then, i feel for you...
another weider casualty

4thAD

• Getbig II
exactly.
It really is that simple.

and how much do do you think you will need to maintain 285 pounds? A whole bunch lol

bigmc

• Getbig V
You do need to eat big to get big, but there comes a point of diminishing returns. I've eaten 5000 calories a day in the past but all it did was make me fat. And when you get fat it's a double-edged sword because with more fat deposits comes increased cortisol and estrogen production and thus a suppression of testosterone.

So what you need to do is eat just enough to be putting on about 2-3 lbs per month. I started this year in January weighing 210 lbs and this morning I was 229lbs. That's a gain of 19lbs in the space of 10 months, or nearly 2lbs a month. I'm bigger, leaner, and stronger as a result. Put it this way, at the beginning of the year I couldn't see my abs, now I can.

I'm eating 3,500 calories a day BTW.

what were you running gear wise
T

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
A complete joke.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
lean tissue is built in a calorie surplus.. i dont agree with blowing up 4 or 5 stone past a contest weight anymore, but if you want to progress and not just look good( but stay the same ) you need to eat more, train harder, take more drugs

im not out to grow anymore, i eat clean and maintain visible abbs all year round this all depends in what stage of life your in

NICE POST...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
it nearly drove to clinical madness

I don't think nearly is the correct word for you here....
Y

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
So should I only be eating when 'hungry' or forcing down calories to go 10-20% over maintenance calories?

I'm joining the anabolicalo school of pondering...

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
why doesnt the body just take the calories out of your bodyfat and make you bigger and more ripped everyday?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So should I only be eating when 'hungry' or forcing down calories to go 10-20% over maintenance calories?

I'm joining the anabolicalo school of pondering...

your not ready to join that school...