Author Topic: did anyone watch blackfish?  (Read 6713 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: did anyone watch blackfish?
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 08:08:42 AM »
That goes against Human Nature.  Humans have this innate need to fuck with nature.  They just can't help themselves

Unfortunately this is true, but I find it a weak excuse.
When all nations had the same policy as Japan, whales would be fucked. The same with China -> tigers, Tanzania -> elephants, etc...

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 08:11:20 AM »
Why not have them in captivity?  Would you rather see this?  :'(

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2013, 08:12:18 AM »
That goes against Human Nature.  Humans have this innate need to fuck with nature.  They just can't help themselves

we have to change our nature

or it will be a lonely planet

just us and the cockroaches
T

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 08:17:36 AM »
Is Blackfish similar to mudshark?

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 08:41:42 AM »
Yeah, I watched it. Good movie. Sea-world is just a horrible company, I will never visit their parks or give them any of my money

Check out "The Cove" when you get a chance.
I

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 08:50:53 AM »
Is Blackfish similar to mudshark?

Why not put a bunch of mudsharks in a basin and perform creative acts with them?

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 09:12:28 AM »
I saw this the other day. Those Kardashian sisters make me sick...
Oh wait, that was the Mudshark documentary.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2013, 09:25:23 AM »
Why not put a bunch of mudsharks in a basin and perform creative acts with them?

They do, its call the E! network

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2013, 09:43:50 AM »
Yeah, I watched it. Good movie. Sea-world is just a horrible company, I will never visit their parks or give them any of my money

Check out "The Cove" when you get a chance.

Saw the Cove...Fukcing crazy Japs.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2013, 03:53:52 PM »
Awareness of marine wildlife ?  What's to be aware of?  How can you educate people to treat animals with respect when you enslave them, expose them to un-natural environments and exploit them for money.  Thanks seaworld for teaching me that animals don't have any rights and humans can do whatever the fuck they like to them.

It's like saying the mafia is good because they donate lots of money to the church.

I think you have a very narrow view of the situation.

A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »
why don't they start training Great white for shows as well...... ;D
What, you don;t think these freaks would do it if they could.  The fact is, Great Whites don't survive in captivity.
V

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2013, 04:08:52 PM »
Awareness of marine wildlife ?  What's to be aware of?  How can you educate people to treat animals with respect when you enslave them, expose them to un-natural environments and exploit them for money.  Thanks seaworld for teaching me that animals don't have any rights and humans can do whatever the fuck they like to them.

It's like saying the mafia is good because they donate lots of money to the church.

would you change your view if you found out that killer whales are muslim?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2013, 04:11:25 PM »
The fact is, Great Whites don't survive in captivity.

^

Why?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2013, 04:14:44 PM »
Animals have two purposes in life, survive and procreate.  Sea World gives them shelter and allows them to survive and they can have babies. So whats the big deal?  How many of you have dogs or cats?  What's the difference?  Does you dog belong in a big open prairie to fend for himself or enjoy the homes and food you give them?
Dogs and cats have been domesticated over a very long period of time, they can't survive independent of humans.  They have been deliberately created that way through human Intervention (artificial selection).  Whales are wild animals more than capable of surviving without humans.  The pet industry is just as bad.  Pets are considered a commodity, they are overbred and a surplus created, this surplus is simply destroyed (millions a year).  Not only that, there are the puppy mills which treat animals as breeding machines and the conditions in these places create much suffering for the animals.  Then there is the petfood industry, which relies on many animals being slaughtered to feed them.  150 billion animals are slaughtered each year for human and pet consumption.  And when you consider over 20,000 people die of starvation each day, it seems like a selfish indulgence to own a pet.  The pet industry is built on the suffering of animals.
V

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2013, 04:15:54 PM »
Dogs and cats are domesticated, they can't survive independent of humans.  They have been deliberately created that way through human Intervention (artificial selection).  Whales are wild animals more than capable of surviving without humans.  The pet industry is just as bad.  Pets are considered a commodity, they are overbred and a surplus created, this surplus is simply destroyed (millions a year).  Not only that, there are the puppy mills which treat animals as breeding machines and the conditions in these places create much suffering for the animals.  Then there is the petfood industry, which relies on many animals being slaughtered to feed them.  150 billion animals are slaughtered each year for human and pet consumption.  And when you consider over 20,000 people die of starvation each day, it seems like a selfish indulgence to own a pet.  The pet industry is built on the suffering of animals.

You sound like the kinda guy people move away from at a party. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2013, 04:19:21 PM »
I think you have a very narrow view of the situation.

Oh Really, care to explain.  You probably didn't even watch the documentary.  Seaworld are hypocrites, they mistreat marine life and then encourage others to respect it.  I think it is you who has not only a narrow view, but a disturbing one at that.  You are probably just assuaging any guilt you feel at your enjoyment of watching such an exploitative spectacle. Your point of view is the very reason animals will continue to be exploited well into the future by do-gooders.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2013, 04:20:29 PM »

You sound like the kinda guy people move away from at a party.  
You sound like the kind of guy that gets a hard on torturing a cat.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2013, 05:06:19 PM »
would you change your view if you found out that killer whales are muslim?
There is no way killer whales are muslim, if anything they are anti-muslim, they are a matriarchal society.  Their social unit is ruled by women.
V

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2013, 05:07:17 PM »
Oh Really, care to explain.  You probably didn't even watch the documentary.  Seaworld are hypocrites, they mistreat marine life and then encourage others to respect it.  I think it is you who has not only a narrow view, but a disturbing one at that.  You are probably just assuaging any guilt you feel at your enjoyment of watching such an exploitative spectacle.

Why so assumptive and hostile, E-Kul? Calm down, the world isn't so black and white.

Ideally I'd want no whales or dolphins in captivity and I absolutely agree that Seaworld behaved badly - probably just as badly as most capitalists in their pursuit of financial gain, however, I can not ignore the positive contributions such as their animal rescue and rehabilitation program which has helped over 20,000 animals from a means acquired by their commercial pursuits which involve the exploitative spectacles both you AND I dislike.

Now when it comes to the culture effects that seaworld and the like have had on our society I believe they have done more good than harm. My view does not assuage or dismiss the harm they've inflected on these animals its simple my attempt to look at the totality of the situation. The fact of the matter is for the overwhelming majority of people here in the US their interaction with intelligent sealife is almost entirely limited to their experiences at Seaworld. Let that soak in for a few minutes and you'll realize just how important a role they've had in shaping our cultural views of these animals. It is through Seaworld and the like that we get to see first hand how truly intelligent these creatures are. What most take away from their experience is a new respect for these intelligent sentient beings - that whales and dolphins are NOT mere fish.

Now if you support PETA then all I can say is fuck you fagget while I enjoy my fish sticks and dolphin-safe canned tuna, fagget.   
A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »
Why so assumptive and hostile, E-Kul? Calm down, the world isn't so black and white.

Ideally I'd want no whales or dolphins in captivity and I absolutely agree that Seaworld behaved badly - probably just as badly as most capitalists in their pursuit of financial gain, however, I can not ignore the positive contributions such as their animal rescue and rehabilitation program which has helped over 20,000 animals from a means acquired by their commercial pursuits which involve the exploitative spectacles both you AND I dislike.

Now when it comes to the culture effects that seaworld and the like have had on our society I believe they have done more good than harm. My view does not assuage or dismiss the harm they've inflected on these animals its simple my attempt to look at the totality of the situation. The fact of the matter is for the overwhelming majority of people here in the US their interaction with intelligent sealife is almost entirely limited to their experiences at Seaworld. Let that soak in for a few minutes and you'll realize just how important a role they've had in shaping our cultural views of these animals. It is through Seaworld and the like that we get to see first hand how truly intelligent these creatures are. What most take away from their experience is a new respect for these intelligent sentient beings - that whales and dolphins are NOT mere fish.

Now if you support PETA then all I can say is fuck you fagget while I enjoy my fish sticks and dolphin-safe canned tuna, fagget.   
You can spin it any way you like, it all adds up to exploitation.  I don't know why it is so important that the average American needs to appreciate how intelligent a killer whale is, or why they even need to interact with them.  And I believe Seaworld does far more harm than good. The best way to educate others is by example, and seaworld's example sucks !  PETA Rocks !
V

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2013, 05:21:40 PM »
Fagget.
A

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2013, 05:22:40 PM »
You sound like the kind of guy that gets a hard on torturing a cat.

Nope love cats and dogs, PETA boy. 

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »
I like keeping my dog in captivity. :D

She likes it too.  :)

She would get hit by a car if let loose.  :(

So I protect her.  :)

We're best friends.  8)
A

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »
the big flaw in your argument is the human element

we could study them in their own environment

or do what we do -  put them in swimming pools and get them to do tricks for us

we(humans) suck at being the top of the food chain in the world

we either kill shit or fuck them up for our amusement

I pity the creatures of the world

Yeah, lions and bears are way better at being apex predators.  I think a new school for the betterment of wildebeest children was just started by a group of male lions actually.

Fucking moron
Y

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2013, 05:39:04 PM »
Fagget.

Strong argument ::)
BTW, it's 'faggot', you faggot

"A misspelling of faggot, popularized by the lack of spell-checking in chatrooms." - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fagget