Author Topic: did anyone watch blackfish?  (Read 6709 times)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
did anyone watch blackfish?
« on: October 27, 2013, 09:15:07 PM »
it was fucked up

the trainer

Re: did anyone watch blackfish?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:23:42 PM »
I did not watch blackfish, But today I did eat a fish hope that makes you happy.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:24:16 PM »
Yes it was pretty good... in a sad way.
A

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 09:53:41 PM »
Having those things in tanks is pretty fukced up from us humans...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 11:01:32 PM »
Fuck Seaworld and everyone that visits that place >:(

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 11:11:10 PM »
x2.  The exploitation of animals for profit is disgusting.  Just leave the fuckers alone !
V

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 11:27:01 PM »
 :(

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 11:45:57 PM »

But at the same time Seaworld does a lot of good in increasing public awareness of marine wildlife. Lots of children go there and gain a respect for the ocean and it's inhabitants that they carry into their adulthood. Seaworld has had an affect on our culture and I'll say it's been more positive than anything.    

If if weren't for Seaworld we'd might be eating Shamu at seafood buffet.
A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 12:11:26 AM »
But at the same time Seaworld does a lot of good in increasing public awareness of marine wildlife. Lots of children go there and gain a respect for the ocean and it's inhabitants that they carry into their adulthood. Seaworld has had an affect on our culture and I'll say it's been more positive than anything.    

If if weren't for Seaworld we'd might be eating Shamu at seafood buffet.
Awareness of marine wildlife ?  What's to be aware of?  How can you educate people to treat animals with respect when you enslave them, expose them to un-natural environments and exploit them for money.  Thanks seaworld for teaching me that animals don't have any rights and humans can do whatever the fuck they like to them.

It's like saying the mafia is good because they donate lots of money to the church.
V

LanceD

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 06:13:03 AM »
they put some beautiful and intelligent creatures in a giant fishtank for us to look at, every once in awhile, they decide to eat one of us. what did you expect?

we did the same thing in the military except with dolphins...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 06:55:50 AM »
What if I told you
that you
are a captive
too.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 07:00:09 AM »
it was an awesome documentary...it sickens me how seaworld said that it was the trainer's fault that she got killed and the freaking Orca was acting normal.....I've been to seaworld many times and I won't be going there anytime soon......that whale that killed that trainer is still doing shows at the park

Purge_WTF

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 07:00:42 AM »
I remember that one chick being bounced around the tank and then emerging with her forearm shaped like a small hill.

No PETA, but you can take the animal out of the wild, but you can't take the wild out of the animal.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 07:06:43 AM »
What if I told you
that you
are a captive
too.

we are all prisoners to the system

doesn't mean we can fuck these creatures up for our amusement
T

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 07:12:30 AM »
why don't they start training Great white for shows as well...... ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 07:16:41 AM »
Obviously intelligent creatures. I would like to see programs that could encourage whale/dolphin-human communication. Like what each click/sound symbolizes and it's human (English) equivalent. Establishing a chart or an alphabet for them, and charting the different languages of each species, and how they are similar as well.
This could lead them in helping us find out more about our oceans, and help find lost or stranded people at sea during disasters.
They could also help us chart missing ships, land masses, etc.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 07:19:09 AM »
Obviously intelligent creatures. I would like to see programs that could encourage whale/dolphin-human communication. Like what each click/sound symbolizes and it's human (English) equivalent. Establishing a chart or an alphabet for them, and charting the different languages of each species, and how they are similar as well.
This could lead them in helping us find out more about our oceans, and help find lost or stranded people at sea during disasters.
They could also help us chart missing ships, land masses, etc.

or alternatively we could just leave them the fuck alone
T

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 07:27:52 AM »
Naw, that will never happen...check the Japanese and their slaughter of dolphins, and in Asian countries the slaughter of sharks for shark fin soup (PETA only cries when cutesy animals are slaughtered)

Understanding marine mammals is key to understanding ourselves and our role in this world---it makes it more humbling and makes one appreciate the flora and fauna of this world.
Besides, the marine world is still alien to us, new creatures being found...creatures that possibly marine mammals such as the tooth and baleen whales have seen before. Communication with them can actually open up this world to us. Also, look at giant squid, in order to understand them, scientists look to sperm whales, which feed on giant squid.

Just leaving things alone, ain't the answer. Using respect and appreciation is the key.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 07:28:34 AM »
Animals have two purposes in life, survive and procreate.  Sea World gives them shelter and allows them to survive and they can have babies. So whats the big deal?  How many of you have dogs or cats?  What's the difference?  Does you dog belong in a big open prairie to fend for himself or enjoy the homes and food you give them?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 07:34:01 AM »
Animals have two purposes in life, survive and procreate.  Sea World gives them shelter and allows them to survive and they can have babies. So whats the big deal?  How many of you have dogs or cats?  What's the difference?  Does you dog belong in a big open prairie to fend for himself or enjoy the homes and food you give them?

Bad comparison, man.  Some people chain their dog to a post for 10 years.  This is more like that.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 07:37:03 AM »
Naw, that will never happen...check the Japanese and their slaughter of dolphins, and in Asian countries the slaughter of sharks for shark fin soup (PETA only cries when cutesy animals are slaughtered)

Understanding marine mammals is key to understanding ourselves and our role in this world---it makes it more humbling and makes one appreciate the flora and fauna of this world.
Besides, the marine world is still alien to us, new creatures being found...creatures that possibly marine mammals such as the tooth and baleen whales have seen before. Communication with them can actually open up this world to us. Also, look at giant squid, in order to understand them, scientists look to sperm whales, which feed on giant squid.

Just leaving things alone, ain't the answer. Using respect and appreciation is the key.

the big flaw in your argument is the human element

we could study them in their own environment

or do what we do -  put them in swimming pools and get them to do tricks for us

we(humans) suck at being the top of the food chain in the world

we either kill shit or fuck them up for our amusement

I pity the creatures of the world
T

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 07:47:08 AM »
Bad comparison, man.  Some people chain their dog to a post for 10 years.  This is more like that.

they are not chained though.  They have a big swimming area, are fed really well and treated well. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 07:52:05 AM »
the big flaw in your argument is the human element

we could study them in their own environment

or do what we do -  put them in swimming pools and get them to do tricks for us

we(humans) suck at being the top of the food chain in the world

we either kill shit or fuck them up for our amusement

I pity the creatures of the world
The human element, is the "make money" element aka greed. There is no money in studying them in their own environments, in fact you have to beg for money.
The shows make money, and possibly fund programs for the study of said animals.
(I don't know), but I have never gone to Sea World, only to the National Aquarium---and have always liked the Amazon exhibit.
Because of these exhibits, it can pique a child's mind into going into marine biology, or having respect for said creatures. Exploitation, yes...but at least it's better than killing them off like humans used to do 100 yrs ago.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 07:58:12 AM »

I vote for that.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2013, 08:01:00 AM »

That goes against Human Nature.  Humans have this innate need to fuck with nature.  They just can't help themselves