Author Topic: So look at what Pelosi wants to pass if she becomes majority leader  (Read 3286 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: So look at what Pelosi wants to pass if she becomes majority leader
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 06:02:57 PM »
Please forgive the community of Northville for not taking better care of other peoples children.  :-\

You know a large percentage of THEIR tax dollars are already being diverted out of their city.

Dummy!  The point, which you've missed repeatedly is that education should be equal across the board.  Poor children should be given the exact same tools to work with that rich children are.  We know that would suck, because it might actually help out people of color.  We don't want that, because if that happens, we lose our boogey man.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: So look at what Pelosi wants to pass if she becomes majority leader
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 06:11:37 PM »
I'll concede that our healthcare is the most technologically advanced IF YOU HAVE MONEY FOR IT.  But many, many, many don't.  And even if you do have the money for it, you have to be willing to overpay for it.  That's why you have medical tourism.  (Because of the Thailand connection, I have heard a lot about this.) I'm sure you know have read that medical bills are the #1 cause of bankruptcy in our country.  It's shameful.  And speaking of shame, 14.9% of our population does not have healthcare insurance. Our per capita spending on healthcare is the highest in the world and yet our health (as measured by any common standard) is mediocre at best.
Links:
Here's Bloomberg's ranking of efficiency of healthcare among countries with advanced economies:
Hmmm.  France only ranks #19 here. Oh, but USA is #46 (of 48.  We beat Brazil, yee-haw.)
http://www.bloomberg.com/visual-data/best-and-worst/most-efficient-health-care-countries

New England Journal of Medicine points out "...that in 2006, the United States was number 1 in terms of health care spending per capita but ranked 39th for infant mortality, 43rd for adult female mortality, 42nd for adult male mortality, and 36th for life expectancy." 
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp0910064

The Commonwealth Fund
The United States ranked last when compared to six other countries -- Britain, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand, the Commonwealth Fund report found.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/06/23/us-usa-healthcare-last-idUSTRE65M0SU20100623

Should I go on?  Or are you finally willing to admit that the USA's healthcare system, relative to that of other countries like France, is poor?
LOL yup just as I thought all your studies base their results off of amount of money spent not the quality of care you receive.

Face it the quality of care available in the US is among the best if not the best in the world. Yes it has issues but if you get sick anywhere in the world and need a top class doctor youre probably coming to the US