Author Topic: US, Canada should merge into one country  (Read 2216 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: US, Canada should merge into one country
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
Not a bad idea.  We could all fuck with the french-speakers from Quebec. 

My old boss tells a really funny story of getting reported to HR by a guy from our company's office in Quebec when he went there for some kind short project.  The guy had a strong french accent so my old boss innocently started (harmlessly, he thought) calling him "Frenchie".  Apparently that's an insult there, haha.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2013, 11:32:26 AM »
Wait.... are you canadian?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2013, 12:56:29 PM »
My guess is weather and taxes...

Hard to generalize when it comes to people from the U.S. Such a large, populated country, where every region will have a "norm" on how people behave.

Canadians as a whole I have found to be more laid back and polite than the average American though.  

I'm sure taxes have a lot to do with it.  I cannot imagine why anyone would try and be successful in Canada, because you're basically working for the government. 

I met a terrific family from Canada several years ago.  They're now American citizens.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 12:57:44 PM »
Murica.

I've not met a Canadian yet that didn't have some kind of inferiority complex.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2013, 12:58:01 PM »
Canada is USA's mentally retarded, little brother.

America, F#$%& YEAH

:D

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 03:18:43 PM »
I'm sure taxes have a lot to do with it.  I cannot imagine why anyone would try and be successful in Canada, because you're basically working for the government.  

I met a terrific family from Canada several years ago.  They're now American citizens.   :)

Yeah, you tend to feel punished for your hard work instead of being rewarded. But without the taxes, Canada wouldn't be what it is now...a clean and safe place to live.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »
Yeah, you tend to feel punished for your hard work instead of being rewarded. But without the taxes, Canada wouldn't be what it is now...a clean and safe place to live.
at least thats what they tell you.

the more taxes you give the American Gov,  the less yoi have and they dont change shit.

it goes into the general fund and disappears, never to be seen again.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 03:21:44 PM »

True, although you can have clean and safe without the government taking most of what you earn.  Definitely getting harder to do that in the U.S.  

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 03:30:56 PM »
Makes me wonder about tax rates and a correlation to living standards. Any idea what it's like in scandinavian countries wrt taxes, seeing how the living standards appear to be high there also?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2013, 04:26:57 PM »
I have lots of relatives that are Canadian citizens and have visited there often.  Great place.  Plenty of free enterprise.  High taxes, but not so high your can't realize your dreams and prosper.   

Becareful not to be manipulated by party spin. 

The universal health care is good, but not perfect.  There's lots of regulation.  The people are great for the most part.  Lots of immigrants.  great refuge for fake Muslims and looney CT'ers who hate America.  But it's a free country there too.

That being said...  We all know they are more more like our 51st state anyway.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 04:28:45 PM »
I have lots of relatives that are Canadian citizens and have visited there often.  Great place.  Plenty of free enterprise.  High taxes, but not so high your can't realize your dreams and prosper.   

Becareful not to be manipulated by party spin. 

The universal health care is good, but not perfect.  There's lots of regulation.  The people are great for the most part.  Lots of immigrants.  great refuge for fake Muslims and looney CT'ers who hate America.  But it's a free country there too.

That being said...  We all know they are more more like our 51st state anyway.
sto0 being reasonable. It doesnt make for good threads.

The only good thing about canada is their women/strippers.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 04:29:55 PM »
Makes me wonder about tax rates and a correlation to living standards. Any idea what it's like in scandinavian countries wrt taxes, seeing how the living standards appear to be high there also?

I think demographics, employment level and population/population density play a large part in their success.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 04:30:09 PM »
sto0 being reasonable. It doesnt make for good threads.

The beer is pretty good too  ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2013, 04:31:10 PM »
The beer is pretty good too  ;D
too bad its 674.99 a bottle.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 04:34:31 PM »

Yeah, that's dam true.    >:(

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2013, 05:29:24 PM »
I think demographics, employment level and population/population density play a large part in their success.

ohhhh yeah lol

taxes  :(

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2013, 06:59:05 PM »

Oh, shit. This is true.  I hate to stereotype but with strangers, really good-looking American women tend to be standoffish at best but more than a few of the good-looking Canadian women I've talked to are, what's the word, FRIENDLY.   Can be kinda disconcerting, really.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2013, 08:24:30 PM »
Oh, shit. This is true.  I hate to stereotype but with strangers, really good-looking American women tend to be standoffish at best but more than a few of the good-looking Canadian women I've talked to are, what's the word, FRIENDLY.   Can be kinda disconcerting, really.
extremely disconcerting. The canadian women ive met when visitng BC were extremely....... friendly.
and om average much better looking than their american counterparts. And many of the men I saw were pretty damn fugly. Maybe that has something to do with it. Haha

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2013, 12:37:13 AM »
I saw a Canadian Goose here once.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2013, 03:52:04 AM »
One world government, and the North American Union use to be a far out Conspiracy Theory. It's coming into the mainstream.  240 mentioned this earlier. 

http://nypost.com/2013/10/26/u-s-eh-united-states-should-merge-with-canada-to-compete-with-china/
US, Canada should merge into one country
By Diane Francis

October 26, 2013 | 11:38am

U-S-Eh!

No two nations in the world are as integrated, economically and socially, as the United States and Canada. We share geography, values and a gigantic border.

Regardless of this close friendship, our two countries are on a slow-motion collision course — with each other and with the rest of the world.

In 1987, the two countries signed the Free Trade Agreement (Mexico joined in 1994) but the US-Canada border has become more clogged than ever, hurting trade and tourism. There are heavy regulations, security controls and border police, the result of terrorist threats and extensive drug smuggling from Canada that has forced US officials to deploy drones and set up listening posts.

EGADS!!!

No Thank You!!!

Roger, if you wanted to induce a heart attack in me, ...you just came pretty darned close. LOL! Geez-Louise!
I simply cannot envision such a train wreck waiting to happen.

Yes, our two countries are firmly intertwined economically, socially, with similar lifestyles, etc.,...
...however, some of our differences, while small in number, have tremendous weight.

Canadians & Americans DO NOT share the same social values. That is just simply absurd!

We just do things a lot differently up here.

While I welcome the idea of giving Americans a little taste of Canada... afterall, exposing & educating, ...well, basically civilizing the ignorant masses is always a good thing, ...but when I think of the sheer numbers of American soon to be the huddled masses clamouring for freedom, ...I can't help but to believe being outnumbered 10:1 would not have a harmful effect on our Canadian way of life.

The idea of Americans arriving en masse bringing with them their prejudices, and their demagoguery would most definitely affect us adversely. I can picture them trying to dismantle our systems of healthcare, our policies of bilingualism, multicultural inclusiveness, and suggesting we should completely alter our way of life because as it stands, ...it's UNAmerican!

A nation of people obsessed & side-tracked by such issues as Religion, Abortion, Gay Marriage, Medical Marijuana, Mandatory Healthcare, Bare Breasts, and Immigration would really integrate well into a secular, non-religious nation with legalized abortion, legalized same sex marriage, decriminalized pot use, universal healthcare, top-less women in public, and a national policy of bilingualism and multicultural inclusiveness NOT!!!

...not to mention those evil fvckers would try to take all the u's out of our words,
...and prolly drink all our beer, ...and smoke all our pot too!  :o   :o   :o

Canadians are simply different from Americans, ...as is our way of life, as well as the way we relate to ourselves and our neighbours (both at home & abroad) God willing, let us all pray it remains that way! Insha'Allah  :)

Things Are Just Different in Canada
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2013, 04:02:43 AM »
Not a bad idea.  We could all fuck with the french-speakers from Quebec.  

My old boss tells a really funny story of getting reported to HR by a guy from our company's office in Quebec when he went there for some kind short project.  The guy had a strong french accent so my old boss innocently started (harmlessly, he thought) calling him "Frenchie".  Apparently that's an insult there, haha.

OK, now I'm not the least bit worried anymore.

You guys will come up here en masse, and will try to disrupt & dismantle the Canadian way of life,
but the second you start messing with the Quebecois, ...or God forbid start insisting they speak English...
they will run your asses so far out of the country, so fast, and so furious, we might even pick up a few states in the process. lol. I could see y'all moving so far south to get away from them that the new Canada / US border will start at the Tennessee state line. It would be an even bigger route than 1812!  ;D

Hee hee, ...I just love this clip. I swear it never gets old!!!  ;D   ;D
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2013, 06:00:04 AM »

Denmark:

50% taxes.

75% on higher earned income.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 06:17:40 AM »
 ::)