Author Topic: NBA tonight  (Read 73636 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: NBA tonight
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »
D-Rose is done.  Last night was his super bowl and miami was up by 20 the entire night.  he's only 95% of what he was.  He was 4-15 last night.  yes, he still has excellent moves, and when he goes ALL OUT, he can get open under the basket, but he's lost a step.  He can still wing up those luck shots that any of us can make on a playground from time to time... but dominating teams for 45 points... those nights will be few and far between and always at the detriment of his team.

He'll do better against other defenses.  But being MVP?  Those days are gone.  He's going to be a good NBA player for 2-3 years then an average player for another few years.  He's Iverson with a bum knee. 

in the playoffs, CHI will still play that BS game of beating up the Heat with flagrants the whole time.  I hope the NBA doesn't allow that.  "Getting physical" ain't good basketball.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2013, 10:52:05 AM »
I am a big Bulls fan and I think Rose will be close to as good as he used to be but I don't think they have the depth to compete with Miami in the East.

Interested to see how good the Nets are this year.

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2013, 10:55:40 AM »
D-Rose is done.  Last night was his super bowl and miami was up by 20 the entire night.  he's only 95% of what he was.  He was 4-15 last night.  yes, he still has excellent moves, and when he goes ALL OUT, he can get open under the basket, but he's lost a step.  He can still wing up those luck shots that any of us can make on a playground from time to time... but dominating teams for 45 points... those nights will be few and far between and always at the detriment of his team.

He'll do better against other defenses.  But being MVP?  Those days are gone.  He's going to be a good NBA player for 2-3 years then an average player for another few years.  He's Iverson with a bum knee. 

in the playoffs, CHI will still play that BS game of beating up the Heat with flagrants the whole time.  I hope the NBA doesn't allow that.  "Getting physical" ain't good basketball.

what game are you seeing? he has the SAME quickness and explosiveness he had before..the difference is he hasnt played real-time basketball in OVER A YEAR
rust is expected and he pressed so he made alot of bad decisions..he got to the hole just as fluidly as he did before

getbig or getgot

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2013, 10:58:50 AM »

Are you fucking high?  It's his first game in over a year.  Did you expect him to go 100% balls out and score 65 points with 30 assists in his first game back? 

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2013, 11:16:30 AM »
Are you fucking high?  It's his first game in over a year.  Did you expect him to go 100% balls out and score 65 points with 30 assists in his first game back? 
this

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2013, 11:19:03 AM »
Rose was really good in almost every pre-season game (he sat one out I think), he averaged 20 points in like 27 minutes.

He also wasn't playing against the other team's backups like someone claimed earlier, that's not how pre-season works.  To think he's going to come back after an injury like this and be 100% is foolish but he doesn't look to be much worse to me. 

LeBron only had like 16 points yesterday, normally he averages 25-30.  Is he "done" too?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »
he's still a great player.  But he's not MVP caliber anymore.  He used to make those same moves effortlessly.  Now he's in an all-out sprint to get open.  He used to have this gear that nobody else had.  I don't see that anymore - I see him very fast at times, but it's taking more of him than it used to.  I guess we'll see in the coming months if I'm full of shit, but his body language said a lot to me.  It's not effortless anymore.   That's what I see.  

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2013, 11:25:02 AM »
he's still a great player.  But he's not MVP caliber anymore.  He used to make those same moves effortlessly.  Now he's in an all-out sprint to get open.  He used to have this gear that nobody else had.  I don't see that anymore - I see him very fast at times, but it's taking more of him than it used to.  I guess we'll see in the coming months if I'm full of shit, but his body language said a lot to me.  It's not effortless anymore.   That's what I see.  

First of all he's playing against the two time champs in his first game back in over a year.  Sitting a big chunk with a bum knee.  As much cardio as he did is nothing compared to full game speed.  It might take him 1/2 the season to get back in a groove.  Remember shooting is 100% muscle memory and he is going to be off for a bit until he gets his shot down again.  Will he be MVP? Very hard with Durant, Lebron, Curry, Irving, Paul and others, but he can be top 10 for sure.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2013, 11:40:13 AM »
I am proud to say I am now a kings fan and a fan of the NBA in general. I will be attending as many games as I can. SHAQ is in the house. the cowtown is moving to a new downtown arena and Demarcus Cousins + Isiah Thomas = A++  8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2013, 11:45:14 AM »
All I'm saying is that he appears to be working HARDER to achieve the same open shots.  He didn't look amazing in the preseason either, I don't think it was just the heat defecating all over him.  

He used to be aewsome cause he was able to get open so easily, he could shake 3 guys and still have time for a cup of coffee before releasing the shot.  now it just seems like anything inside the lane is this outrageously awkward, full sprint to get a window, at which point he throws up a prayer.  And 1-for-7 behind the arc, we haven't even gotten to that yet.  

I know he will be better by Christmas.  I know he's rusty.  But that first step that would knock people out of their shoes, I don't see it anymore.  that balance, that grace, the smooth effortless nature of it - I do'nt see that.  If he has to work harder than before, his shelf life shrinks, fatigue becomes a major issue. That gear is still there, but it's going to take more out of him.  In the playoffs, he'll be tired and a step slower... I doubt they could beat the Knicks in a 7 round series right now.

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2013, 11:48:15 AM »
All I'm saying is that he appears to be working HARDER to achieve the same open shots.  He didn't look amazing in the preseason either, I don't think it was just the heat defecating all over him.  

He used to be aewsome cause he was able to get open so easily, he could shake 3 guys and still have time for a cup of coffee before releasing the shot.  now it just seems like anything inside the lane is this outrageously awkward, full sprint to get a window, at which point he throws up a prayer.  And 1-for-7 behind the arc, we haven't even gotten to that yet.  

I know he will be better by Christmas.  I know he's rusty.  But that first step that would knock people out of their shoes, I don't see it anymore.  that balance, that grace, the smooth effortless nature of it - I do'nt see that.  If he has to work harder than before, his shelf life shrinks, fatigue becomes a major issue. That gear is still there, but it's going to take more out of him.  In the playoffs, he'll be tired and a step slower... I doubt they could beat the Knicks in a 7 round series right now.

its game 1 against one of the best defensive teams in the NBA- it looks harder bc the heats were converging on him as soon as he makes a move to the hole
and it doesnt help when one of the defenders is lebron james
getbig or getgot

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2013, 11:52:34 AM »

oh brother  ::)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2013, 11:53:56 AM »
Celtics will take it all, clowns like the Heat no chance.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2013, 11:54:41 AM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2013, 12:06:10 PM »
He didn't look amazing in the preseason either

???

He scored 145 points in 191 minutes on 48% shooting.  Everyone was singing his praises all preseason and he made a lot of highlight plays against starting NBA defenses.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/originals/2013/10/28/derrick-rose-best-of-preseason.nba/index.html

He had a bad game last night but I think you're way over-reacting.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2013, 12:34:53 PM »
  Lakers did not beat the Clippers last year.

Now, the season started with the Lakers blowing out the Clippers with out kobe.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2013, 12:36:25 PM »
 miami easily dumped the bulls

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2013, 12:38:09 PM »
  QB and 240 making great NBA posts

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2013, 12:40:33 PM »
calm down, Fellas. there are 81 games left and it's a long fucking season...guys will get injured, some will be out for the year and some for a few weeks....anything can change...no panicking.....in fact, most people won't watch basketball religiously until april.....the first 2 months of the NBA regular season means absolutely shit, guys are just starting to get in the Groove and get their Rythm

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2013, 12:41:54 PM »

This

He used to just DO it...now it seems he has to try and do it.

granted there is a pretty small sample to draw from.  I just think he's not going to be the same, he's a guy who was all about explosiveness and energy, going 110% on every play..now his knee swells up after he plays...that can't be good.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2013, 12:46:41 PM »
going 110% on every play..now his knee swells up after he plays...that can't be good.

^

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2013, 03:21:13 PM »
  Lakers did not beat the Clippers last year.

Now, the season started with the Lakers blowing out the Clippers with out kobe.

WTH?  I didn't see this game but my buddy told me that CP3 lived up (down) to his moniker by going 3 or 10 from the line.  3 of 10!

What is up with him?  Is he dating a Kardashian or something?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2013, 03:30:53 PM »

its game 1 against one of the best defensive teams in the NBA- it looks harder bc the heats were converging on him as soon as he makes a move to the hole
and it doesnt help when one of the defenders is lebron james

Also, seems to me that defense is usually ahead of offense (in terms of firing on all cylinders) at the beginning of the year. 

Chicago will face Miami again on December 5th (in Chicago).  We'll see if that's enough time for Chicago's offense to jell a bit vs what is probably the scariest trapping defense in the league.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »
WTH?  I didn't see this game but my buddy told me that CP3 lived up (down) to his moniker by going 3 or 10 from the line.  3 of 10!

What is up with him?  Is he dating a Kardashian or something?

New offense with far less isolation and he is adapting. The ball is out of his hands more and the offense utilizew alot of off ball and flare screens and diving to the hoop. Before it was basic pick and roll, iso or post ups for blake.

He will be fine as will rose, noah was hurt last night also and it showed, he couldn't even dunk the ball, his groin strain is still an issue.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2013, 04:45:07 PM »
Miami down by 18 to the 76ers  :D