Author Topic: Can't stand FB anymore...  (Read 8712 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: Can't stand FB anymore...
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 06:22:26 AM »
I joined facebook in 2006 and set up a profile, in the hope that my father would notice me/wife/kids and recognise me as his son (at least make contact). Sadly, other avenues had been exhausted and it was a shot in the dark that didn't work out anyway.

All I ended up with, was a personal message on there from his wife telling me that he denies i'm his son.

2007 - left facebook.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2013, 06:34:48 AM »
I joined facebook in 2006 and set up a profile, in the hope that my father would notice me/wife/kids and recognise me as his son (at least make contact). Sadly, other avenues had been exhausted and it was a shot in the dark that didn't work out anyway.

All I ended up with, was a personal message on there from his wife telling me that he denies i'm his son.

2007 - left facebook.
Sad when is the last time you saw him.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2013, 06:40:52 AM »
FB is for queers.  Most fucking annoying site in history.  It is a sounding board for women to post every little shit thing that happens to them because in real life no one wants to listed to them talk.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 06:47:24 AM »
Sad when is the last time you saw him.

He left when I was maybe 2 years old, but unfortunately he lives in the same town so we have accidentaly bumped into one another on a few occasions - which is very awkward as he denies flat out that I am his son.

Not trying to get sympathy here, it is what it is I suppose.

What makes is worse is the guy has an MBE from the Queen ffs, and is a VERY respected member of the community. His reputation relies on me being nice about things (if you know what I mean).

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2013, 06:57:38 AM »
Did u get a paternity / DNA test done?
to prove your his son   :-\

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 07:01:31 AM »
He left when I was maybe 2 years old, but unfortunately he lives in the same town so we have accidentaly bumped into one another on a few occasions - which is very awkward as he denies flat out that I am his son.

What makes is worse is the guy has an MBE from the Queen ffs, and is a VERY respected member of the community. His reputation relies on me being nice about things (if you know what I mean).
Understood my dad was well thought of in the town I lived in, but was a asshole at home. He died we never got to resolve any differences. He gave two motorcycles before he died a constant reminder of him ever day.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 07:14:09 AM »
Understood my dad was well thought of in the town I lived in, but was a asshole at home. He died we never got to resolve any differences. He gave two motorcycles before he died a constant reminder of him ever day.

Sorry to hear that, I remember you posted about that a while back. A part of me knows I have to confront the guy face to face, while I still can.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 07:18:31 AM »

Is this a true story ???

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 07:20:34 AM »
Did u get a paternity / DNA test done?
to prove your his son   :-\

Everyone in the family knows I am (both sides) and I regularly see his parents/take my kids to see their great-grandparents, so it's not something I was ever interested in doing. The guy even signed my birth certificate, signed my baptism certificate 18 months later etc so there's no doubt in my mind.

However - I heard through family members about 1 year back, that his wife (who is a complete she-devil) spread a rumour that they contacted me several times for a DNA test but I wouldn't comply, simply to deflect the guilt etc onto me. When I heard that I went straight to his parents (as in, within 1 hour of reading that shit) and said to them "Do the test, get it arranged and i'll pay for costs etc"

Silence for a year since..........BOOM - someone is a lying bitch it seems  ;D

FFS we look so much alike, if I sprayed my hair grey I could probably bang his wife without her realising  ;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2013, 07:21:19 AM »
Is this a true story ???

I love a joke Raymondo, but this is true unfortunately mate.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 07:24:44 AM »
I love a joke Raymondo, but this is true unfortunately mate.

Why does he deny it so vehemently?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 07:27:30 AM »
Everyone in the family knows I am (both sides) and I regularly see his parents/take my kids to see their great-grandparents, so it's not something I was ever interested in doing. The guy even signed my birth certificate, signed my baptism certificate 18 months later etc so there's no doubt in my mind.

However - I heard through family members about 1 year back, that his wife (who is a complete she-devil) spread a rumour that they contacted me several times for a DNA test but I wouldn't comply, simply to deflect the guilt etc onto me. When I heard that I went straight to his parents (as in, within 1 hour of reading that shit) and said to them "Do the test, get it arranged and i'll pay for costs etc"

Silence for a year since..........BOOM - someone is a lying bitch it seems  ;D

FFS we look so much alike, if I sprayed my hair grey I could probably bang his wife without her realising  ;D
LOL on that last sentence you should do it and see how that makes him feel.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 07:37:56 AM »
never had a FB page, never had a smartphone, no longer have cable tv, don't play video games, phone number isn't listed, drive an old truck that's fully paid for, my jeans cost $25 not $250 and I wanna move further away from the city.....gettin on board the Ron Swanson train LOL.

You sound like my much fatter and marginally stronger brother.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2013, 07:49:39 AM »
Why does he deny it so vehemently?

I can't go into too many details, otherwise he might be pretty easy to identify - let's just say that there was no fault on my part or my mothers, he just walked out and washed his hands of us.

The plot thickens when you consider what he got an MBE for, and how hypocritical it is that he ignores/ababdoned his son. Trust me, if the truth came out - it would probably make national news, from the sheer hypocrisy alone.

Would be like David Beckham being exposed for stealing footballs from orphans so they couldn't play.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 07:52:36 AM »
How so? Explain please.

Business page, sponsored ads, target marketing, etc

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2013, 07:55:24 AM »
I can't go into too many details, otherwise he might be pretty easy to identify - let's just say that there was no fault on my part or my mothers, he just walked out and washed his hands of us.

The plot thickens when you consider what he got an MBE for, and how hypocritical it is that he ignores/ababdoned his son. Trust me, if the truth came out - it would probably make national news, from the sheer hypocrisy alone.

Would be like David Beckham being exposed for stealing footballs from orphans so they couldn't play.

It sounds like he got an MBE for services to community/family etc. Life is full of such contradictions :(

Don't do anything vindictive man, I know this kind of hypocrisy is burning but it will only make things worse.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2013, 08:01:30 AM »
It sounds like he got an MBE for services to community/family etc. Life is full of such contradictions :(

Don't do anything vindictive man, I know this kind of hypocrisy is burning but it will only make things worse.

I wouldn't bro.

The instant I found out he has wife and children, I knew then that I would never approach it in a way that would hurt those guys.

Bottom line is that my dad was like 21 years old when he made the decision to leave, so there was some growing up to do and we ALL make mistakes. It's the way he's been since then, that merits no excuse. But again, like you said - nothing vindictave is on my cards at all.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2013, 08:07:47 AM »
I wouldn't bro.

The instant I found out he has wife and children, I knew then that I would never approach it in a way that would hurt those guys.

Bottom line is that my dad was like 21 years old when he made the decision to leave, so there was some growing up to do and we ALL make mistakes. It's the way he's been since then, that merits no excuse. But again, like you said - nothing vindictave is on my cards at all.

I know you won't bro, you're a good person.

It could be your dad did the work that earned him the MBE as a way to cope with the situation. Maybe he carries massive guilt inside him. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 08:08:51 AM »
I wouldn't bro.

the exact same attitude towards my father....he was a very young man when I was born.  Iit doesn't excuse him abandoning me for my entire life, i would die before I left my child... But I can see why it would happen. I feel for you..know EXACTLY how you feel.

I'm thinking maybe there is a genetic link to superior muscularity and not having a father in your life

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2013, 08:14:41 AM »
the exact same attitude towards my father....he was a very young man when I was born.  Iit doesn't excuse him abandoning me for my entire life, i would die before I left my child... But I can see why it would happen. I feel for you..know EXACTLY how you feel.

I'm thinking maybe there is a genetic link to superior muscularity and not having a father in your life

Groink i'm shocked, sorry if you've posted that before - was totally unaware we were in the same boat.

That's a great outlook to have on the situation, you gotta have a birds eye view on these things otherwise you'd go crazy.

Hahahaha yes!!! the fatherless myostatin deficiency

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2013, 08:19:59 AM »
never had a FB page, never had a smartphone, no longer have cable tv, don't play video games, phone number isn't listed, drive an old truck that's fully paid for, my jeans cost $25 not $250 and I wanna move further away from the city.....gettin on board the Ron Swanson train LOL.

What are you, 80 years old?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2013, 08:36:19 AM »
Groink i'm shocked, sorry if you've posted that before - was totally unaware we were in the same boat.

That's a great outlook to have on the situation, you gotta have a birds eye view on these things otherwise you'd go crazy.

Hahahaha yes!!! the fatherless myostatin deficiency

no need to apologize man, life is life.  Post away

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2013, 08:38:10 AM »
no need to apologize man, life is life.  Post away

Do you sometimes cuddle yourself with your big arms, and imagine it's your dad?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2013, 09:15:05 AM »
Do you sometimes play with your balls with your big hands, and imagine it's your dad?

Fixed

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »
You sound like my much fatter and marginally stronger brother.

Sounds like a salt of the earth kinda guy!!