Author Topic: Cutlers' book; "CEO Muscle"  (Read 4511 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Cutlers' book; "CEO Muscle"
« on: January 01, 2006, 08:55:41 PM »
Jay's book CEO muscle is one of the best, practical guides for getting into top shape I have ever read.
It is straight forward and gimmick free. The guy is candid enough to admit that pro bodybuilders do enhance their physiques with drugs, but for obvious reaons leaves it at that.
The info on diet and training is nothing new or fancy and this may draw some critics. It is good, sound, basic info, with his insights and experiences.  I sincerely believe that if any bodybuilder followed the regimes and no nonsense ideas in this book, they would build a decent physique independent of drug use.
Jay is one of the best  OVERall pros out there today and I just wanted to pass along to the Get Big bunch how valuable I felt this book was. Just my 2 cents,  Howard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Cutlers' book; "CEO Muscle"
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 08:58:39 PM »
Click here to buy the book for under $21 using the affiliate link

From website: This is a life story of Jay Cutler, professional bodybuilder and business man. Jay goes in depth with his training routines and what he advises for the beginner, intermediate, and advanced trainer. The book focuses on diet routines and training schedules to suit any lifestyle. The best thing about this book is an in depth look at Jay Cutler, not as a bodybuilder, but as a business man.

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 09:01:01 PM »
All you need are warmup feel sets and you're golden...

SG ::)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 09:12:47 PM »
Jay's book CEO muscle is one of the best, practical guides for getting into top shape I have ever read.
It is straight forward and gimmick free. The guy is candid enough to admit that pro bodybuilders do enhance their physiques with drugs, but for obvious reaons leaves it at that.
The info on diet and training is nothing new or fancy and this may draw some critics. It is good, sound, basic info, with his insights and experiences.  I sincerely believe that if any bodybuilder followed the regimes and no nonsense ideas in this book, they would build a decent physique independent of drug use.
Jay is one of the best  OVERall pros out there today and I just wanted to pass along to the Get Big bunch how valuable I felt this book was. Just my 2 cents,  Howard

It is actually a very basic book, and the advice won't work without drugs. If you want real books on bodybuilding training, purchase those of Stuart McRobert or Mike Mentzer. They're he only ones which contains useful advice, for genetically average, drug-free bodybuilders.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 09:21:03 PM »
Another good one is SuperSquats: http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1200

It says you can gain 30lbs and I asked Randy about that...he said that part only applies to totally new guys.

But the concepts within it are really good. And I used to train using that while training for strongman.

G,

What's the basis of Supersquats?

What is the theory behind them and why do they work?

Speak on this.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 09:36:17 PM »
whatever the secret for 20-rep squats, they helped me put on 50 pounds in about 6 months when i was new to lifting.    Just did em twice a week with a spotter.  half-muscle, half-fat. But when you're 25 years old at 125 pounds, ANY weight is good weight.  :-\

suckmymuscle

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 09:38:56 PM »
I respectfully beg to differ on the "won't work without drugs" idea. The book offers a basic blueprint on how to train and diet at various level of development. For some his ideas may be "overtraining" but I consider books like Brawn by McRobert and some of Mentzers later stuff to be UNDERTRAINING.
I personally think Jays book is pretty mainstream and useful for any bodybuilder.
Howard

Most guys have really, really bad bodybuilding genetics, brother. From my personal experience, you should do only those exercises which mechanically work for you, and try to increase your reps and/or weights on them, regardless of the number of sets you do. If you need ten sets of an exercise to get a strengh increase, then by all means do it. The ideal, though, is to get that strengh increase with he minimum number os sets possible, so as to not damage your muscles too much. just my opinion.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 09:39:50 PM »
All you need are warmup feel sets and you're golden...

SG ::)

hahaha

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 09:49:46 PM »
Just that you do "breathing squats". 20 reps at what you normally do for 10. Do the 1st 10 normally. Then the next 10, you take 3 (or so) deep breaths between reps...but you grind out all 20. Just do the one set.

Then you add 2.5lbs to each side the next time you do em...but you only do em 1x/week (if ur natural, otherwise, I couldn't say -- you'd have to figure it out). The other day(s) you work legs like normal.

Then, drink a gallon of milk a day. Working you way up to it of course.

I wonder if this would work wih other basic exercises, like military presses, benches, etc?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »
Just that you do "breathing squats". 20 reps at what you normally do for 10. Do the 1st 10 normally. Then the next 10, you take 3 (or so) deep breaths between reps...but you grind out all 20. Just do the one set.

Then you add 2.5lbs to each side the next time you do em...but you only do em 1x/week (if ur natural, otherwise, I couldn't say -- you'd have to figure it out). The other day(s) you work legs like normal.

Then, drink a gallon of milk a day. Working you way up to it of course.

don't forget the late night taco bell, and spending all day on your ass playing PS2...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2006, 10:03:30 PM »
...i spend all day on my ass at a computer.

That's good recovery time, makes for nice gains.......providing your supplementation, training and nutrition are tight.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 08:23:16 AM »

gayer than books being sold to bodybuiders  ::)
just not good enough

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 08:25:38 AM »
Gayer than Sergiopump asking to measure Howard's penis, and when Howard asks where the ruler is at, Sergiopump replies with "We don't need those impersonal things, my tongue is exactly seven inches long so we'll just go by that"