Author Topic: Jay tore his bicep again  (Read 10994 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Jay tore his bicep again
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 03:52:08 AM »
The muscles get less supple with age and steroids doesn't help anything. Using drugs increases the strength of the muscles faster than the tendons can adapt. Deadlifts are well known for ripping biceps especially the one supination hand that is using the curl grip. Much safer to use a two hand pronation grip even if you have to use straps. Preacher curls are another bicep tendon wrecker. Jerking pull ups in any form. If you can't do these with control and you're older juicing you are looking for trouble. Reverse grip barbell rows puts the bicep in a position to tear too. The tears I'm referring to here is when the tendon that attaches the muscle to the bone is ripped. You can also have a tear of the muscle that for most the body heals it self.

Many have partial tears that heal quickly with surgery. I had a complete tear that put me out of heavy lifting for 6 months. My bicep rolled up to my shoulder because it was completely detached from the insertion or distal tendon.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 04:27:01 AM »
too many needles

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 06:29:04 AM »
tearing anything is pretty easy after 15years of training. most bicep tears happen with deadlifts, in what I've seen or known ppl who've torn them.... triceps getting torn during back movements as well.. levrone tearing his long head with lat pulldowns...... deadlifting 520 for a triple the other day had my tricep pulling a little, then 630 for a triple I was afraid I was gonna pull my tricep off my shoulder (was dehydrated as well).

guys tearing calves stepping out of their truck... guys tearing quads stepping in a pot-hole, ect...
I popped a tendon in my calf getting out of my car to see somebody!

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2013, 06:42:12 AM »
tearing anything is pretty easy after 15years of training. most bicep tears happen with deadlifts, in what I've seen or known ppl who've torn them.... triceps getting torn during back movements as well.. levrone tearing his long head with lat pulldowns...... deadlifting 520 for a triple the other day had my tricep pulling a little, then 630 for a triple I was afraid I was gonna pull my tricep off my shoulder (was dehydrated as well).

guys tearing calves stepping out of their truck... guys tearing quads stepping in a pot-hole, ect...

Lol no way, does that really happen?  I figured people like Branch used excuses like that to cover up his shitty training style

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2013, 08:23:43 AM »
please share this theory :)

Obama is the reason

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2013, 08:54:08 AM »
 It's the wear and tear.. Being 45 I have had mris ect that show degenerative changes in the tendons.. It's with age and repeated stress.. You all will get the same thing as you age and keep lifting.. Dan duchaine was correct when he said that those who are heavily chemically enhanced should rain with higher reps and shorter rest periods.. This limits the stress on the tendons and connective tissue.. But egos are abound..

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2013, 09:19:08 AM »
in other news, tbombz tore his anal sphincter yesterday. It was not a bodybuilding related injury.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2013, 09:26:46 AM »
The doctor says your organs are shot..."Might I suggest the ole' tore up right bicep trick" so you have a reason on why your shrinking up...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2013, 09:33:01 AM »
His right arm was looking weird 8 weeks before that show (and before he pumped it full of junk again the final few weeks).

You mean it was pumped full of lactic acid from tough workouts?  True, but that's pretty normal.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »
a bodybuilder only has so many miles before he starts breaking down.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2013, 09:57:34 AM »
Obama is the reason

maybe there's a section in obamacare which allows people to fix biceps that were injured from too much lactic acid, as seems to be the case for Cutler.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2013, 11:46:11 AM »

Lol no way, does that really happen?  I figured people like Branch used excuses like that to cover up his shitty training style

training partner of mine tore his quad when he tripped in a pot hole on a street in London at the Olympics a couple years ago (or a year ago? whenever it was)..

a client of mine told his calve stepping out of his truck to get gas after a leg session. (truck wasn't even lifted, just had 33's).

another guy tore his pec picking up his 3yr old daughter.

i think i know more people who've torn muscles OUTSIDE the gym than INSIDE.... except biceps, those usually pop with deadlifts.

i did have to call 911 for a guy who dislocated his hip on the leg press a month ago though. lol... dude sat there for 45mins before i walked by to tell me he couldn't move and needed an ambulance.. he was embarrassed.. old school dude too, about 50yrs old, 30+yrs experience training... no frail old man or newbie.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2013, 11:51:14 AM »
 what is your theory coach?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2013, 12:08:12 PM »
Yet Dexter Jackson is injury free after 25 yrs of training.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2013, 12:10:57 PM »
Yet Dexter Jackson is injury free after 25 yrs of training.

Than why was he training with an elbow sleeve on his left arm?
(this year's 'O prep)

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2013, 12:28:03 PM »
The joke was that his training revolves around mostly machines and pretty light weight

Him tearing something is a bit intriguing

Now Ronnie and Dorian I can understand

Hell even branch and his style of training u would think he would tear something but most of his injuries involve falling down stairs and slipping on ice
there a guy who tore his biceps and chest right off in our gym and hes total twink, no muscle, half rom 80lbs bench-monster, yet he still managed to rip it right off,lol, not partial tear, but full blown detached tendons from bone.

all relative.

i can def see how if someone is shredded, and the pros are relatively shredded all year, comes to gym from cold weather outside and warms up not so carefuly, how it can happen any second.

everyone who has been very lean knows this weird feeling,when the joint feel extremly dry, as if its bone on bone, but the bones feel like made of steel.

steroids increase strnght of the muscle relatively too much for what tendons can handle, so its always a bit like a time bomb.at any time.
n

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »
what is your theory coach?

He's a republican, it's going to take him a long time  to give an "honest" answer.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2013, 12:55:43 PM »
He's a republican, it's going to take him a long time  to give an "honest" answer.

You're lib and you can't even tell the truth in that post.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2013, 01:38:24 PM »
You're lib and you can't even tell the truth in that post.

:D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2013, 01:41:35 PM »
Than why was he training with an elbow sleeve on his left arm?
(this year's 'O prep)
He said that he has issues with his elbows.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2013, 02:02:42 PM »
Good form. Moderate weight. Who would have thought?

AAS without GH, probably. Wear and tear over the years, yup. Too much rom? me thinks. Look at that last rep before his bicep curls up to his shoulder... deep.

A

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2013, 02:08:11 PM »

AAS with GH, probably. Wear and tear over the years, yup. Too much rom? me thinks. Look at that last rep before his bicep curls... deep.

I can watch the crazy massacre and gore vids on liveleak but i get the chills and palmsweat when i click videos where I know there is a muscle tear  ??? lol

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »

AAS without GH, probably. Wear and tear over the years, yup. Too much rom? me thinks. Look at that last rep before his bicep curls up to his shoulder... deep.

Odd, and Flex Wheeler advocates a full range of motion when doing biceps, especially when doing preacher curls.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2013, 02:23:40 PM »
We dont give a damn.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2013, 02:35:40 PM »
 ouch