Author Topic: NBC/WSJ poll: Obama approval sinks to new low  (Read 20948 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: NBC/WSJ poll: Obama approval sinks to new low
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2014, 04:34:29 PM »
what do you think the last 12-18 months of this one will be like?

I haven't speculated about it ?

Maybe a global banking crisis, free falling stock market, losing hundreds of thousands of jobs each month. 

That would be pretty bad but I don't really know

what do you think

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2014, 04:48:53 PM »
I haven't speculated about it ?

Maybe a global banking crisis, free falling stock market, losing hundreds of thousands of jobs each month. 

That would be pretty bad but I don't really know

what do you think
if the reps win the senate then alot of vetos and more executive power abuse. If not then just more executive power abuse.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2014, 03:35:31 PM »
Mr Obama’s foreign policy approval ratings are at a historic low, with almost 60 per cent of American disapproving of his handling of foreign policy – a number that has not improved since the president began implementing his strategy to “degrade and destroy” Isil.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/11129473/Fury-as-Obama-blames-intelligence-agencies-for-Isil-surprise.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2014, 07:12:35 PM »
Mr Obama’s foreign policy approval ratings are at a historic low, with almost 60 per cent of American disapproving of his handling of foreign policy – a number that has not improved since the president began implementing his strategy to “degrade and destroy” Isil.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/11129473/Fury-as-Obama-blames-intelligence-agencies-for-Isil-surprise.html

wow... i'm shocked that over 40% of americans still approve of the way he's handling things.

I thought it'd be lower. he seems to have that "floor".   He flirted with 38 and 39% a few times on overall approval.

Obama at 42% approval rating today.   Getbiggers predicted it'd be 30% by now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2014, 08:00:45 PM »
wow... i'm shocked that over 40% of americans still approve of the way he's handling things.

I thought it'd be lower. he seems to have that "floor".   He flirted with 38 and 39% a few times on overall approval.

Obama at 42% approval rating today.   Getbiggers predicted it'd be 30% by now.

Obama's No. 1 internet fan to the rescue again.  Are you on his payroll?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 06, 2014, 11:32:12 AM »
Gallup: Voter opposition to Obama at 16-year high, worse than Bush, Clinton
BY PAUL BEDARD | OCTOBER 5, 2014

Angry and frustrated voters are planning to use the midterm elections in one month to tell President Obama they oppose his agenda, the highest “no vote” percentage in the last 16 years measured by Gallup.

The polling outfit found that 32 percent of voters want to send a message of opposition with their vote, compared to just 20 percent who are sending a signal of support.

That is 13 points higher than in 1998 when former President Clinton was headed to impeachment for lying about his sex affair with a former White House intern and even a smidge higher — 2 points — than in 2008, when Americans were tired of President Bush’s military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The unusual question was first asked by Gallup in 1998. It reads: “Will your vote for a candidate be made in order to send a message that you SUPPORT [Barack Obama], be made in order to send a message that you OPPOSE [Barack Obama], or will you NOT be sending a message about [Barack Obama] with your vote?”

Not surprisingly, Republicans want to use their vote as a megaphone of opposition. Said Gallup:

“A majority of Republican registered voters, 58 percent, say they will be sending a message of opposition to Obama with their vote this fall. In contrast, 38 percent of Democratic voters say they will support the president. Rather than supporting Obama, most Democrats, 53 percent, say they will not be sending a message with their vote.

“Democrats are a bit less likely now (38 percent) than in 2010 (45 percent) to say they will be sending a message of support to Obama, while Republican opposition to the president is the same.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/gallup-voter-opposition-to-obama-at-16-year-high-worse-than-bush-clinton/article/2554404

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2014, 01:40:58 PM »
Record Disapproval for Obama in Gallup Poll (Updated)
By Steven Dennis
Posted at 8:57 p.m. on Oct. 11

Obama hasn’t had a Gallup approval rating over 50 percent since before his State of the Union address in 2013. (Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call File Photo)

Updated 10:15 p.m. | President Barack Obama lodged his worst-ever disapproval Saturday in the Gallup tracking poll — another ominous sign for Democrats scrambling on defense ahead of the midterm elections, which are less than a month away.

While the Gallup tracking poll is notoriously noisy, the 57 percent who disapproved of the president’s performance marked a new high, while his approval rating, at 39 percent, was just a tick above his all-time low.

Obama hit 56 percent disapproval a couple of times in the Gallup tracker during his presidency.

But he’s less popular in the Gallup poll than he was than during either of his elections or the 2010 midterms, when the Democratic House was wiped out.

Obama’s numbers improved Sunday.

His party is now expected to lose seats in both chambers, with the president working daily to raise money to stem the losses and try and save the Senate for the Democrats.

Obama recently hit another record in Gallup: A solid year with more people disapproving than approving or his performance.

http://blogs.rollcall.com/white-house/record-disapproval-for-obama-in-gallup-poll-approval-rating/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2014, 11:08:26 AM »
Poll: Obama hits lowest approval
By JONATHAN TOPAZ
10/15/14 8:01 AM EDT Updated: 10/15/14

President Barack Obama’s approval rating is at the lowest level of his presidency, a new poll says.

According to an ABC News/Washington Post poll released Wednesday, 40 percent of Americans approve of Obama’s job performance, the lowest score the poll has recorded since he took office. His rating is down 1 point from September.

The survey comes less than a month out from the November midterm elections. A large number of Democratic congressional and gubernatorial candidates on the campaign trail have been distancing themselves from the White House.

Among independent voters, Obama’s approval rating stands at 33 percent.

Forty-four percent of Americans approve of the president’s handling of economic issues, compared with 51 percent who disapprove, his lowest disapproval level in more than a year.

But the president’s approval rating on his handling of the conflict with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant has plunged in less than a month. Thirty-five percent of Americans approve of his handling of the threat from ISIL, the terrorist group that the U.S. has conducted airstrikes against in Iraq and Syria. His net negative 16-point rating on ISIL is down 22 points from the end of September, when 50 percent of Americans approved of his handling of ISIL.

The survey was conducted Oct. 9-12 with 1,006 adults on landlines and cellphones. The margin of error is plus or minus 3.5 points.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/poll-obama-approval-rating-111902.html#ixzz3GEpjeDws

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2014, 05:33:35 PM »
Wait until Friday.  lol.

He needs to be jailed - he is a terrorist president

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2014, 05:39:09 PM »
He needs to be jailed - he is a terrorist president

Meanwhile, the Republicans just won in a landslide and yet they still seem hesitant to do what they were elected to do.  Boehner and Mcconnell need to go.  Get someone in the leadership positions that have brains and balls.  The old guard is part of the problem in my opinion.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2014, 05:46:25 PM »
Meanwhile, the Republicans just won in a landslide and yet they still seem hesitant to do what they were elected to do.  Boehner and Mcconnell need to go.  Get someone in the leadership positions that have brains and balls.  The old guard is part of the problem in my opinion.

Yup - we need a war time consigliere  :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2014, 08:48:20 PM »
Yup - we need a war time consigliere  :D

ted cruz, baby.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2014, 09:46:33 AM »
ted cruz, baby.

Trolling for dollars.

I have already said this is purely a political with hunt.

I have already said he did give the left an opening by taking a very risky move.

I have already said this may just WIN him the nomination because he shows balls here.

Please stop lumping me in with "lefties and dems" when I have said this is a courageous move by Perry and will certainly separate him from the rest of the pack in 2016.  He wants integrity in his govt team so much that he is willing to bounce people who get wasted and use their car as a weapon.  I love it.  I hate drunk drivers.  I think the woman deserved a year in prison for it.  And I think it could win Perry the presidency. 

So Not only have I "Accepted" it, but I have also said this coudl be his path to the Presidency.

perry is still going to new hampsire to campaign for prez lol.

Suck it, haters!

James

« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2014, 09:55:58 AM »
I have already said this is purely a political with hunt.

I have already said he did give the left an opening by taking a very risky move.

I have already said this may just WIN him the nomination because he shows balls here.

Please stop lumping me in with "lefties and dems" when I have said this is a courageous move by Perry and will certainly separate him from the rest of the pack in 2016.  He wants integrity in his govt team so much that he is willing to bounce people who get wasted and use their car as a weapon.  I love it.  I hate drunk drivers.  I think the woman deserved a year in prison for it.  And I think it could win Perry the presidency.  

So Not only have I "Accepted" it, but I have also said this coudl be his path to the Presidency.

perry is still going to new hampsire to campaign for prez lol.

Suck it, haters!

Also, those bastards are taking his gun permits since he's facing a felony.  He shot a coyote a year or two back.  He carries while jogging.  cruel to take a person's weapon when they're facing a non-violent crime felony beef.

Dos Equis I'll see you and raise you:

My whole family - all Republicans - are voting Obama.  i'm driving them to the station later - buying everyone dinner - making it a real family event.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2014, 09:58:51 AM »

Dos Equis I'll see you and raise you:

lol   :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2014, 10:50:14 AM »
If Perry is up against Cruz, I think Perry would win the nomination.   More seasoned, much longer political connections. He's been thru the ringer and just looks more presidential to the eye. 

I much prefer the policies of Cruz.  I HOPE Cruz wins, but if I had to predict, I'd say Perry would beat him if both are in the race.   I would vote for EITHER of them over Hilary.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2014, 11:40:31 AM »
ember 25, 2014 - American Voters Split On Obama's Immigration Move, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; President's Approval Near All-Time Low 

PDF format

American voters are divided on whether President Barack Obama should take action to address the immigration issue if Congress fails to act, as 45 percent say the president should issue an executive order while 48 percent say he should not, according to a Quinnipiac University National poll released today.

At the same time, support for immigrants is at its lowest level ever measured by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll. Offered three choices on what to do about illegal immigrants: 
   48 percent of American voters say they should be allowed to stay, with a path to citizenship, down from 57 percent November 13, 2013, and the lowest this number ever has been;
   11 percent say immigrants should be allowed to stay, but not be allowed to apply for citizenship, consistent with previous surveys;
   35 percent say illegal immigrants should be required to leave the U.S., up from 26 percent 12 months ago and higher than this number ever has been.

There is a wide gender gap on Obama's action, as women support it 50 - 39 percent, while men oppose it 57 - 39 percent. Support is 59 - 33 percent among voters 18 to 29 years old, but drops among older voters, with voters over 65 years old opposed 53 - 36 percent.

Democrats support Obama's immigration move 74 - 18 percent, with opposition at 75 - 20 percent among Republicans and 51 - 40 percent among independent voters.

"While President Barack Obama's popularity wallows, support for immigrants wanes as Americans look at immigration reform with ambivalence," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

American voters oppose 68 - 25 percent Congress shutting down "major activities of the federal government" as a way to block Obama's immigration move.

Only 44 percent of Republicans support a shutdown, with 47 percent opposed.

"Americans seem divided on immigration, but they agree on one thing: They don't want a government shutdown over President Obama's action on immigration," Malloy added.

President's Approval Rating

American voters give Obama a negative 39 - 54 percent approval rating, close to his lowest-ever 38 - 57 percent score in a December 10, 2013, Quinnipiac University poll.

Democrats and voters under 30 years old are the only party, gender or age groups who approve of the president.

Only 42 percent of American voters trust Obama more than Republicans in Congress to do what is best for the nation, while 47 percent trust Republicans more.

It's good for the country that Republicans have taken over control of the U.S. Senate, voters say 51 - 37 percent, but 67 percent of voters expect more gridlock in the next two years. Gridlock will be Obama's fault, 44 percent of voters say, as 42 percent would blame Republicans.

"American voters are happy the Republicans have the ball, but don't feel confident there will be a lot of scoring on the deal-making front," Malloy said.

"If that's the case, the numbers say blame will fall on Obama as much as Republicans.

"With the exception of voters born after 1985, Obama's approval is deep under water." 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2014, 07:28:50 AM »
The Corner

Obama Support among Military Plummets to 15 Percent

By John Fund

December 22, 2014 9:28 AM

For the last nine years, the Military Times newspaper has surveyed an average of 2,300 active-duty service members. Their latest poll has just been released and concludes that “Obama’s popularity — never high to begin with — has crumbled, falling from 35 percent in 2009 to just 15 percent this year, while his disapproval ratings have increased to 55 percent from 40 percent over that time.”

Much of the opposition to Obama has come from military members who believe he has been an inconsistent and flawed leader in foreign policy — for example, his 2011 removal of all troops in Iraq helped lead to the rise of the Islamic State, which then required a new U.S. intervention in the region. But some of the resistance comes from those who see his moves to change the military’s culture as “heavy-handed social engineering that erode deep-seated traditions and potentially undermine good order and discipline.”

That said, the Military Times poll shows “quiet acceptance” of some changes in the armed forces. For example, in 2009, the poll “found that 49 percent of troops felt gays, lesbians, and bisexuals should not be allowed to serve. In 2014, such disapproval fell to just 19 percent.”

When it comes to support for the Obama policy of ending the ban in on women serving in combat units by 2016, the results were more mixed. A quarter of all military members surveyed support opening all jobs in combat arms units to women, a number that hasn’t increased in recent years. The number of troops who feel some combat-arms jobs should be opened up to women has increased from 34 percent to 41 percent since 2011, “while the percentage of respondents who felt the military should not change its policies excluding women from combat arms units fell from 43 percent in 2011 to 28 percent in 2014.”

One trend the Military Times poll has picked up in the last nine years is an increasing disillusionment with both political parties. Those service members who consider themselves Republicans have slowly dropped from nearly half of those surveyed to just 32 percent this year. The Times poll notes that “increasingly, readers are more likely to describe themselves as libertarian (7 percent) or independent (28 percent).” Democrats and liberals make up some 8 percent of the poll respondents.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2015, 09:00:36 AM »

A CNN poll released Wednesday shows that George W. Bush is not only more popular than President Obama, a majority of Americans now view the former president in a positive light. A full 52% see Bush favorably, compared to just 43% who do not. Only 49% of Americans have a favorable opinion of Obama. The same number, 49%, do not.

Obama’s job approval numbers also took a serious dive in the CNN poll. Just last month, the president sat at a 48% approval rating, with just 47% disapproving. Not great, but he was at least above water. Today Obama is upside down a full 7 points, with just 45% approving of his job and a clear majority of 52% disapproving.

That’s an 8 point drop.

On the specifics of his job, other than race relations, Obama is upside down, sometimes by huge margins, in every category: economy 46-53;  ISIS 32-63;  race relations 50-47;  Climate Change 41-49;  illegal immigration 36-60;   government surveillance 29-67;  health care 44-54; foreign affairs 43-55;  terrorism 45-51.

Since last month, Obama’s numbers have worsened considerably on the specific issues of ISIS, immigration, and surveillance.

Bush’s favorability increase — his first in positive territory since leaving office — is likely due to two things. First, Bush has been nothing but a class act as a former president. He has stayed out of the public eye, except to further the causes like those of America’s wounded warriors.  He’s removed himself completely from politics. People appreciate a class act, and Bush has been nothing but.

Secondly, Bush’s approval numbers were primarily dragged down by the Iraq War. In hindsight, though, the American people are now seeing that conflict now through a contextual prism they did not have before.

As in all wars, major mistakes were made in Iraq. It is only in the television era, especially the 24/7 cable era,  that this historical fact of conflict has been turned into something unique and a disqualifier. Nevertheless, Bush won the war in Iraq. The surge won the war in Iraq.

“It’s harder to end a war than begin one. Indeed, everything that American troops have done in Iraq -– all the fighting and all the dying, the bleeding and the building, and the training and the partnering -– all of it has led to this moment of success. Now, Iraq is not a perfect place. It has many challenges ahead. But we’re leaving behind a sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq, with a representative government that was elected by its people. We’re building a new partnership between our nations.

“This is an extraordinary achievement, nearly nine years in the making.”

That is not Bush announcing the Iraq War a success, that is President Obama … just before he lost the war in an election year gambit by removing all of our troops, including the kind of stabilizing forces we still have in other countries like Korea and Japan.

Compared to Obama’s handling of foreign affairs, specifically in the Middle East, the Bush-era is getting a second look outside of the unceasing partisan politics and  venomous media frenzies that defined his presidency. It was a long tough road to get there, but by the time Bush left office, things were better in the Middle East. The region had stabilized, or was at least stabilizing. Egypt, Libya, Iraq, and Afghanistan were all quiet or at least quieting. Our years-long engagement, sometimes at a terrible price, had made a positive difference.

Obama’s cynical political disengagement overseas has come at an even more terrible price. The region is on fire. Iraq is nearly lost. Libya is a terrorist haven. ISIS is on the march everywhere, especially in Obama’s Iraq vacuum.

War is tough and bloody and difficult and fraught with mistakes. That was true before the television age. It is true now. How would CNN cover an audacious, costly, and largely symbolic Doolittle Raid on Tokyo today? Imagine Lincoln dealing with a Washington Post, New York Times, and Wolf Blitzer in the first few years of the Civil War. It’s only after you remove all the political and media smoke that one can gain a perspective.

That smoke is mostly dissipated, and the American people can now see that things were better under Bush. It was hell to get there but in the end he won his war. Obama is losing everywhere and showing none of the grit to win Bush did at this time in his own presidency.

Obama was supposed to be the cure for all the Bush-era ills. Democrats and the media promised us that.

The American people are now realizing that the so-called cure is much worse than the problem, a problem that, as we can see now,  did not need fixing.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2015, 09:31:56 AM »

Lol.

That Obama picture is just horrible. Wtf is he doing? Doing stairs while curling?

Bush looks good though. Keeping it simple.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2015, 02:19:36 PM »

All political stuff aside, Bush is just a really likeable guy.

Even going back to when he owned the Rangers he seemed to be that way.