Author Topic: UFC 167 - Info and Report  (Read 18531 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: UFC 167 - Info and Report
« Reply #325 on: November 17, 2013, 06:29:10 PM »
  I understand. I still love him like he is my little brother. You just have to accept some people the way that they are. He is an adult now. He is his own person.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #326 on: November 17, 2013, 08:22:28 PM »
"based on effective striking..."

GSP's punch count might've been higher, but he could've been open hand slapping him on the chest and had the same effect on johnny.

the number of strikes count, not how effective they are. This is directly from UFC rules:

"Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant."

By the way, I disagree with the rules.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #327 on: November 17, 2013, 10:05:51 PM »
GSP was big way before he even fought in the ufc. Go watch his early fight on youtube...just as big if not bigger than in the ufc. also, he's passed every drug test thrown at him.

They are allowed upper limits of hormones in their body...So everyone uses hormones to stay at the top of the limit. The testing system allows everyone to use PED's. If they come up dirty, they are allowed to retest. Chael Shonnen talked about testing and says everyone just plays around at the top limit. Which in most cases means using PED's all the time...

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: November 17, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »
Word is GSP has memory problems. Something about not being able to remember days of training that took place. He forgets what he does earlier in the day. It was on Joe Rogans podcast...i havent listened to it yet.

Also note how gsp is smaller now. Not as much muscle as before. Maybe it is time to hang it up. I hope he does if he has memory problems.

Something is def up with him.

"I understand from the point of view of the UFC, it's bad for them if I leave like this," St-Pierre said. "I need to ... I can't sleep at night now. I'm going crazy. I have some issues. I need to relax. I need to get out for a while. I don't know what I'm going to do."

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2013, 01:40:14 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #330 on: November 18, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »

LMAO GSP won

remarkable both of these pics are after the fight.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #331 on: November 18, 2013, 02:17:10 PM »

In the UFC’s 20-year history, only ONE champion has ever lost his title by way of split decision (Kevin Randleman to Bas Rutten at UFC 20). (the fix was in)

Whether it’s intended to be or not, the words of the famous wrestler Ric Flair come to mind: “To be the man, you have to beat the man!”

In the world of the UFC, most of us are still wondering if there’s an exact definition to what that means.

The Revelation

• Getbig II
« Reply #332 on: November 18, 2013, 04:34:30 PM »
Something is def up with him.

"I understand from the point of view of the UFC, it's bad for them if I leave like this," St-Pierre said. "I need to ... I can't sleep at night now. I'm going crazy. I have some issues. I need to relax. I need to get out for a while. I don't know what I'm going to do.

i wonder if years of fighting and training has left him concussed like a lot retired of NFL players who are going thru a horrible time dealing w depression and suicidal thoughts?

would make sense.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #333 on: November 18, 2013, 04:47:25 PM »
i wonder if years of fighting and training has left him concussed like a lot retired of NFL players who are going thru a horrible time dealing w depression and suicidal thoughts?

would make sense.

Gary ' Big Daddy ' Goodridge  :-\

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/3/13/2867460/the-fighter-who-stayed-too-long

The Revelation

• Getbig II
« Reply #334 on: November 18, 2013, 05:02:45 PM »
Gary ' Big Daddy ' Goodridge  :-\

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/3/13/2867460/the-fighter-who-stayed-too-long

hey bro thanks for posting that- great read.

i have a good friend who knows gary well- want to hear something crazy? his brother garvin was tougher than him back in the day. true story.

that being said a lot of guys (the guys who have been doing this for 20 years) some have issues with pain and sore joints. they live in pain 24 hrs a day. this doesnt get talked about a lot i think arce can testify to this. maybe less within his scope as hes more of a grappler from what i understand. gary used to love to spar and hit the heavy bag. all that energy transfer from his joints, into the bag, and from the bag back into his body- wrists, elbows, shoulders has left him very sore. i dont think a lot of people consider these types of things. these days with more advanced training methodology and a bigger focus on being a more rounded fighter you dont hear about it much anymore, but those guys who have been doing it for a long time are dealing w a lot of pain issues.

i dont doubt the concussion issues are behind gsp's decisions.

he even said in the ring 'i cannot remember right now the fight i got hit in the head'.

100% sustained concussive injury over time putting him on the shelf.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #335 on: November 18, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »

I watched that press conference and was surprised with what he was saying. Looks like there are some serious problems he has.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #336 on: November 18, 2013, 05:09:20 PM »
LMAO GSP won

remarkable both of these pics are after the fight.
Quite obvious George landed the most strikes more effectively.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: November 18, 2013, 05:16:09 PM »
A couple of things..

I think GSP has been a great champion. The man has great class and tremendous marketability, due to his professional approach to fans, the industry and the media.

I think GSP has settled for quite some time now in being a points-fighter. He knows how to get enough low-kicks and leg strikes to the body, as well as ample jabs to win each round. That is what he trains for. I think he realized early on when having been rocked by Serra that trading punch-for-punch can cause any fighter to be KO'ed.

I think now that GSP has made enough money, landed a few movie deals and has managed to maintain his good looking mug intact, he might truly take the road to retirement a little more serious than before. He can retire on top at this point and prevent a rematch with Hendricks.

The UFC will move on and continue to put out great talent. If the man wants to retire, he should have the right to without Dana White bullying him into a corner. Dana doesn't care about those guys. To him, they are just an easy payday and a reason to put asses in seats.

I watched UFC 167 once more and GSP seemed to have a disconnect for a few moments and did not seem mentally healthy.

I hope he recovers from whatever troubles him.

"1"

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #338 on: November 18, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »
A couple of things..

I think GSP has been a great champion. The man has great class and tremendous marketability, due to his professional approach to fans, the industry and the media.

I think GSP has settled for quite some time now in being a points-fighter. He knows how to get enough low-kicks and leg strikes to the body, as well as ample jabs to win each round. That is what he trains for. I think he realized early on when having been rocked by Serra that trading punch-for-punch can cause any fighter to be KO'ed.

I think now that GSP has made enough money, landed a few movie deals and has managed to maintain his good looking mug intact, he might truly take the road to retirement a little more serious than before. He can retire on top at this point and prevent a rematch with Hendricks.

The UFC will move on and continue to put out great talent. If the man wants to retire, he should have the right to without Dana White bullying him into a corner. Dana doesn't care about those guys. To him, they are just an easy payday and a reason to put asses in seats.

I watched UFC 167 once more and GSP seemed to have a disconnect for a few moments and did not seem mentally healthy.

"1"

Don't you think GSP's fight with Hendricks put the final nail in the coffin of the long rumored, and I might add ridiculous, fight with Anderson silva?
A

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: November 18, 2013, 05:30:57 PM »
In my opinion Dana wanted a new WW champ

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #340 on: November 18, 2013, 05:44:02 PM »
A couple of things..

"1"

the guy is POS, the way he talked about GSP on that conference even not letting him to answer the questions. Human garbage.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: November 18, 2013, 05:48:42 PM »
Don't you think GSP's fight with Hendricks put the final nail in the coffin of the long rumored, and I might add ridiculous, fight with Anderson silva?

Yes.

I also think that they are probably putting a world of pressure on Anderson Silva to beat Chris Weidman in spectacular fashion come December in order to plan out their New Year events. If GSP does take a hiatus, White is going to need the rest of his big names to pick up the extra load and bring in more revenue.

I am not quite sure whether or not Silva will pull the win. Technically, he is a way better fighter than Chris (at least in striking, mauy thai & boxing, ground game not so much). That said, I've seen Chris train at our academy and the kid looks pretty damn impressive and only keeps getting better and better. I hope Silva wins for the rubber match potential, but you just never know.

I also don't think a super fight with Jones would be a good idea. Dana White might have to set that up anyway if his biggest pay per view draw does indeed leave for a while.

This should be an interesting upcoming year for the UFC.

"1"

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #342 on: November 18, 2013, 05:50:29 PM »
Yes.

I also think that they are probably putting a world of pressure on Anderson Silva to beat Chris Weidman in spectacular fashion come December in order to plan out their New Year events. If GSP does take a hiatus, White is going to need the rest of his big names to pick up the extra load and bring in more revenue.

I am not quite sure whether or not Silva will pull the win. Technically, he is a way better fighter than Chris (at least in striking, mauy thai & boxing, ground game not so much). That said, I've seen Chris train at our academy and the kid looks pretty damn impressive and only keeps getting better and better. I hope Silva wins for the rubber match potential, but you just never know.

I also don't think a super fight with Jones would be a good idea. Dana White might have to set that up anyway if his biggest pay per view draw does indeed leave for a while.

This should be an interesting upcoming year for the UFC.

"1"

I would like to see Vitor against Chris.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: November 18, 2013, 05:53:48 PM »

I would like to see Vitor against Chris.

That would be a great fight.

I also would like to see Jacare or Machida against Chris.

What I wouldn't be surprised with is if Anderson beats Chris and then pulls a GSP and decides to retire. Even if he losses, I could see Anderson calling it quits. The guy is a great fighter, but he is aging and is more interested in other ventures.

"1"

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #344 on: November 18, 2013, 06:00:39 PM »
I think Anderson feels foolish for playing his game and getting ktfo, I bet he comes into this fight very serious and whoops Chris.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #345 on: November 18, 2013, 06:06:05 PM »
I think Anderson feels foolish for playing his game and getting ktfo, I bet he comes into this fight very serious and whoops Chris.

+1

It will be like the Y Board versus Shitso....

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: November 18, 2013, 06:11:05 PM »
That would be a great fight.

I also would like to see Jacare or Machida against Chris.

What I wouldn't be surprised with is if Anderson beats Chris and then pulls a GSP and decides to retire. Even if he losses, I could see Anderson calling it quits. The guy is a great fighter, but he is aging and is more interested in other ventures.

"1"

OMR , what happened to this stud ?

YUMMY

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: November 18, 2013, 06:12:32 PM »
i doubt he beats chris

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: November 18, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: November 18, 2013, 06:15:42 PM »
OMR , what happened to this stud ?

YUMMY

he probably got burnt out