Author Topic: Obama orders government to prepare for impact of global warming executive order  (Read 13165 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
As legit as "obamacare" hahahahahaha!

President Obama issued an executive order Friday directing a government-wide effort to boost preparation in states and local communities for the impact of global warming.

The action orders federal agencies to work with states to build “resilience” against major storms and other weather extremes. For example, the president’s order directs that infrastructure projects like bridges and flood control take into consideration climate conditions of the future, which might require building structures larger or stronger — and likely at a higher price tag.

PHOTOS: President Obama's favorite footstool: The famous Resolute desk

“The impacts of climate change — including an increase in prolonged periods of excessively high temperatures, more heavy downpours, an increase in wildfires, more severe droughts, permafrost thawing, ocean acidification and sea-level rise — are already affecting communities, natural resources, ecosystems, economies and public health across the nation,” the presidential order said. “The federal government must build on recent progress and pursue new strategies to improve the nation’s preparedness and resilience.”

There’s no estimate of how much the additional planning will cost. Natural disasters including Superstorm Sandy cost the U.S. economy more than $100 billion in 2012, according to the administration.

The White House is also setting up a task force of state and local leaders to offer advice to the federal government, with several Democratic governors having agreed to serve and at least one Republican governor, from the U.S. territory of Guam.

Mr. Obama has a goal of reducing U.S. greenhouse gas emissions by 17 percent by 2020, and the Environmental Protection Agency is working on rules that would impose tougher regulations on coal-burning power plants. But much of the president’s climate-change agenda has stalled in Congress, and the administration says the new order recognizes that global greenhouse gas emissions are still rising, making further damage from global warming inevitable.

At a speech at Georgetown University in June, Mr. Obama outlined executive actions he would take to require government and private industry to prepare for the effects of climate change.

“The question is not whether we need to act,” Mr. Obama said at the time. “The question is whether we will have the courage to act before it’s too late.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/1/obama-orders-government-prep-global-warming/#ixzz2jRD6DBih
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Coach, how is the training coming?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
I have nothing against Global WARning, too many skimpy dressed young pussies
on the beach & Manly corso.
Young pussy = the best medicine  :)
Penguins just need to grow wings & fly instead of swimming.
Polar bears should grow dark hair & GW issue is no more.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
As legit as "obamacare" hahahahahaha!

President Obama issued an executive order Friday directing a government-wide effort to boost preparation in states and local communities for the impact of global warming.

The action orders federal agencies to work with states to build “resilience” against major storms and other weather extremes. For example, the president’s order directs that infrastructure projects like bridges and flood control take into consideration climate conditions of the future, which might require building structures larger or stronger — and likely at a higher price tag.

PHOTOS: President Obama's favorite footstool: The famous Resolute desk

“The impacts of climate change — including an increase in prolonged periods of excessively high temperatures, more heavy downpours, an increase in wildfires, more severe droughts, permafrost thawing, ocean acidification and sea-level rise — are already affecting communities, natural resources, ecosystems, economies and public health across the nation,” the presidential order said. “The federal government must build on recent progress and pursue new strategies to improve the nation’s preparedness and resilience.”

There’s no estimate of how much the additional planning will cost. Natural disasters including Superstorm Sandy cost the U.S. economy more than $100 billion in 2012, according to the administration.

The White House is also setting up a task force of state and local leaders to offer advice to the federal government, with several Democratic governors having agreed to serve and at least one Republican governor, from the U.S. territory of Guam.

Mr. Obama has a goal of reducing U.S. greenhouse gas emissions by 17 percent by 2020, and the Environmental Protection Agency is working on rules that would impose tougher regulations on coal-burning power plants. But much of the president’s climate-change agenda has stalled in Congress, and the administration says the new order recognizes that global greenhouse gas emissions are still rising, making further damage from global warming inevitable.

At a speech at Georgetown University in June, Mr. Obama outlined executive actions he would take to require government and private industry to prepare for the effects of climate change.

“The question is not whether we need to act,” Mr. Obama said at the time. “The question is whether we will have the courage to act before it’s too late.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/1/obama-orders-government-prep-global-warming/#ixzz2jRD6DBih
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

People like you exist and it hurts the rest of us. The globe is warming, that's a fact, the numbers are quite clear. Or are you too stupid to understand your own talking points? whether it's man made is the argument.

davej1963

• Getbig II
 ^^^ Ouch!!!   :o :(

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Cycles in solar activity, but hey you can't tax or make money off of that (cough Al Gore cough)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Im shaking in my boots.

oh noos.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
People like you exist and it hurts the rest of us. The globe is warming, that's a fact, the numbers are quite clear. Or are you too stupid to understand your own talking points? whether it's man made is the argument.

Just like the numbers are quite clear for obamacare? Haha. Jesus, give it up.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Just like the numbers are quite clear for obamacare? Haha. Jesus, give it up.
hes just a canadian that drank the kool aid.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!

Yes, there is no doubt the earth is warming. Only question is if its related to humans o just normal earthly cycle.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Wow he must have set that heckler in the audience when he was talking about the messed up website for health care. She yelled what about global warming and he answered her, saying wrong rally, we will get to that.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Yes, there is no doubt the earth is warming. Only question is if its related to humans o just normal earthly cycle.
[/quote

Neither, its farting cows. (No shit, this was a theory the libs came up with, haha)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Coach, as stated, the earth IS warming. Again, as stated, scientists are just unsure if its due to normal cycles or man made.

I do not understand why republicans hate two very important things:

1) Science

2) Environment

Republicans are very anti-science and anti-environment.

I guess they would rather read the bible.  :-\ :-\ :-\
X

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Coach, as stated, the earth IS warming. Again, as stated, scientists are just unsure if its due to normal cycles or man made.

1) Science

2) Environment

evem though im not really a republican, I domt really give a shit about the environment. Shit isnt gonna change enough to matter,  so literally I don't give a fuck. Not to mention they are really up in the air whether its humans or nature causing the change anyway. China doesnt give a fuck, no one besides spme euro countries and us give a shit, and no 3rd world country is going to care.

Its more feel good bullshit for bleeding heart fgts to get up in arms about, to occupy themselves or to take their mind of their shitty lives.

Knooger

• Getbig V

I think this poster is fucked up.

1,000 Cow farts should be a kilofart
1,000,000 should be a megafart
1,000,000,000 should be a gigafart.

I could be wrong, but I think this is more correct.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
all the wimpy republicans on getbig that refuse to use the word 'impeachment' because "we like him in office, it'll really help us in 2014 elections!!"

What you neglect to think about is the power of the exec order.  You think they're bad now?  Wait til he's a lame duck prez and maybe even has dem house... he'll be issuing these bullshit executive orders on everything from amnesty to global warming to guns and anything else.  And everyone who didn't want to dream of the word 'impeach' will have to accept blame for letting it happen.  We saw just how impotent a repub congress was to stop obamacare once SCOTUS embraced it and it became policy.  "Yay, scott brown #41, we win!" and "obamacare is dead" were both shortlived.  

Knooger

• Getbig V

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
evem though im not really a republican, I domt really give a shit about the environment. Shit isnt gonna change enough to matter,  so literally I don't give a fuck. Not to mention they are really up in the air whether its humans or nature causing the change anyway. China doesnt give a fuck, no one besides spme euro countries and us give a shit, and no 3rd world country is going to care.

Its more feel good bullshit for bleeding heart fgts to get up in arms about, to occupy themselves or to take their mind of their shitty lives.

I am not saying you have to be a bleeding heart, but I am sure you randomly dont litter or purposely try to destroy the environment. Everyone has their own social causes which stirs something up in them. The environment is not one of the social issues that is on my list, however I respect those that do want to protect the environment. Not only do we have to live in it, but our kids and their kids have to as well etc. Its incumbent upon us to at least respect the environment. I am not saying you have to be a tree hugger. But it doesnt seem like republicans even respect the environment  :-\ :-\
X

galeniko

• Getbig V

pic says deca down on left side.bbuilding related
n

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

I am not saying you have to be a bleeding heart, but I am sure you randomly dont litter or purposely try to destroy the environment. Everyone has their own social causes which stirs something up in them. The environment is not one of the social issues that is on my list, however I respect those that do want to protect the environment. Not only do we have to live in it, but our kids and their kids have to as well etc. Its incumbent upon us to at least respect the environment. I am not saying you have to be a tree hugger. But it doesnt seem like republicans even respect the environment  :-\ :-\
I dont go out of my way to harm it in general.... no, but my race cars might have. As long as they don't try and touch my internal combustion engine, Im fine. But seeing as thats generaly eco-fgts first target, I am inclined to tell them to eat shit and die.

;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

1) Science

2) Environment

Far from anti-science. The left wants to quote science all the time without applying commonsense. If the earth warmed up 3 degrees in the last 100 year's, its not going to affectbthe environment one way or the other. It's nothing more than a political roos that's been proven (by science) to be total Bullshit.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Far from anti-science. The left wants to quote science all the time without applying commonsense. If the earth warmed up 3 degrees in the last 100 year's, its not going to affectbthe environment one way or the other. It's nothing more than a political roos that's been proven (by science) to be total Bullshit.

In the same way that republicans think theory of evolution is a ruse, even though the majority of scientists believe in it.
X

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Its "ruse" Joe.

"Ruse".