Author Topic: Just made a walking desk  (Read 3807 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Just made a walking desk
« on: November 02, 2013, 05:20:52 AM »
took apart an old treadmill and used an old desk plus a small old shelf and voila... this is pretty awesome because i tend to spend 3hrs per day on my home pc for work (and some getbig).... sitting is the new smoking...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Just made a walking desk
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 12:39:20 AM »
took apart an old treadmill and used an old desk plus a small old shelf and voila... this is pretty awesome because i tend to spend 3hrs per day on my home pc for work (and some getbig).... sitting is the new smoking...

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 02:35:36 AM »
That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

yup...  :)

i stuck the control panel in the drawer of the desk and you can see my jury-rigged laptop holder (just an old small end table)...

not pretty but really functional

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 08:04:26 AM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 02:01:32 PM »

mine is surprisingly more effective...

yesterday i managed to add 3hrs of walking and today i'm at 2hrs and counting... this is in addition to my regular training... of course i am just walking at 2mph but it's the time that counts instead of being on my ass...

while i am in good shape now i want to be in superior form for next race season... looking at 2 spartan beasts and possibly a 3 day adventure race in addition to several shorter races

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 02:35:53 PM »

not pretty but really functional

..that all that matter brother. My desk allow me to stand when I want but I like your idea easy way to get in a another couple hundred cals deducted

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 05:34:26 PM »
..that all that matter brother. My desk allow me to stand when I want but I like your idea easy way to get in a another couple hundred cals deducted

up to about 1000 extra cals burned per day and holding there.... surprisingly easy

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »
Has this contraption fallen apart and maimed WOOO yet?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 01:16:34 AM »
Has this contraption fallen apart and maimed WOOO yet?

nope... on it right now

woke up at 3am today for no reason.. just wide awake and felt great so i got on early... will probably do about 3hrs at 2mph and 2% incline before hitting the elliptical and then lifting

beast mode bitches

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 06:01:32 AM »

nope... on it right now

woke up at 3am today for no reason.. just wide awake and felt great so i got on early... will probably do about 3hrs at 2mph and 2% incline before hitting the elliptical and then lifting

beast mode bitches
:o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 08:20:33 PM »
I run and lift. On occasion I throw a couple of bike rides in but that's rare. I found I was at my leanest when I threw in some walking on rest days. I would walk fast on a trail for about 4.5 miles. I noticed the fat just pouring off. Walking fast is seriously an under rated exercise.

Woo, what are you running a 5K in?  When I was young I could string together sub 6 minute miles but now I'm old and broken down. My body just doesn't respond to training anymore like it use to. I got a charity 5k tomorrow and I will be lucky to do 7 something minute miles. I'm just glad to be able to run in my mid 50's. Hopefully by spring I will get back some endurance and run some decent times. Training for this race I went from 187 to 177. If I can drop another 10 I should be flying for an old goat.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 01:40:47 PM »
I run and lift. On occasion I throw a couple of bike rides in but that's rare. I found I was at my leanest when I threw in some walking on rest days. I would walk fast on a trail for about 4.5 miles. I noticed the fat just pouring off. Walking fast is seriously an under rated exercise.

Woo, what are you running a 5K in?  When I was young I could string together sub 6 minute miles but now I'm old and broken down. My body just doesn't respond to training anymore like it use to. I got a charity 5k tomorrow and I will be lucky to do 7 something minute miles. I'm just glad to be able to run in my mid 50's. Hopefully by spring I will get back some endurance and run some decent times. Training for this race I went from 187 to 177. If I can drop another 10 I should be flying for an old goat.

ran a 20:42 recently.. was a decent run... i'm not training much for road work, i run once a week now outside and it's a trail run plus hill sprints, i also do speed work on the elliptical (HIIT) 6 days a week and i am adding in the extra walking on the treadmill mostly to build my legs and feet up to handle the other work and distances...

i'm on it right now (no desk chair anymore)... this i my 3rd 45 minute session today with at least 1 more planned. i'm trying this one at 4% and liking it better

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 05:48:01 PM »
That's a great time Woo.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 06:22:16 PM »
That's a great time Woo.

yeah i felt great that day... seemed effortless...

back on the treadmill now again... 5th round of 45 minutes today

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 04:26:21 PM »
finishing my 5th round of the day today... it's funny how easy this is... i mean it's not intense... just persistent

averaging 7.5 miles (12 km) per day now of extra walking and i don't really even notice

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 08:36:06 PM »
I think I derived some motivation from Woo walking all those miles. Today was back day and an off cardio day. Instead of doing no cardio I went for a 5 mile fast walk.  I've said it so many times. Walking is a very under rated exercise. Tomorrow is chest and biceps. After lifting I want to do a time trial for one mile to see where I'm at in my condition.  I'm going to need a sun dial to time it but I will keep working at it.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »
Wha????

That's cool! You should video someone/yourself using it.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 03:02:56 AM »
I think I derived some motivation from Woo walking all those miles. Today was back day and an off cardio day. Instead of doing no cardio I went for a 5 mile fast walk.  I've said it so many times. Walking is a very under rated exercise. Tomorrow is chest and biceps. After lifting I want to do a time trial for one mile to see where I'm at in my condition.  I'm going to need a sun dial to time it but I will keep working at it.

keep working at it... i did a tempo run this weekend and it's amazing how much all that walking does... joints and feet feel great but i was able to up my pace/mile

planning to walk home from the office (8 miles) at least 3 times this week...

Wha????

That's cool! You should video someone/yourself using it.

you really want a video of me walking in my underwear while typing on getbig......?

...........  :-*

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 04:05:09 AM »
for anyone considering making a walking desk too... it's the best workout decision i've made recently... i work on it, getbig on it and watch tv while on it

just 2mph but using a 10% incline most of the time now... it's really easy but holds my HR at like 100bpm and i sustain it for hours

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »
for anyone considering making a walking desk too... it's the best workout decision i've made recently... i work on it, getbig on it and watch tv while on it

just 2mph but using a 10% incline most of the time now... it's really easy but holds my HR at like 100bpm and i sustain it for hours

Seriously, you should trademark the design.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 06:36:24 PM »

Seriously, you should trademark the design.

it's been done

currently on it with my elevation training mask on (yes i know everyone says that they don't do shit but try working out in one for 3 hours in a row and then come talk to me

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 12:00:45 AM »
could it withstand a hot asian bent over it receiving a good pounding

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 02:49:08 AM »
never tried doing it on a moving treadmill before....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 06:57:24 AM »

Sounds both safe and fun.

Try it and report back!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 08:54:24 AM »
Rookie ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!