Author Topic: TNA for sale  (Read 3424 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
TNA for sale
« on: November 02, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »
TNA up for sale  :-\
its been confirmed already..
I wonder if the old man buys it like he did when he bought wcw ...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: TNA for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »
TNA up for sale  :-\
its been confirmed already..
I wonder if the old man buys it like he did when he bought wcw ...

I highly doubt it.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 01:39:55 PM »
apparently Jake Roberts wants to buy the company, reckons he'll beat WWE within 6 months. the man has sniffed and smoked all of his money away, i'd laugh at any investor he managed to rope in.

http://www.twnpnews.com/2013/11/jake-snake-roberts-wants-buy-tna-help-fans/

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 05:32:07 PM »
apparently Jake Roberts wants to buy the company, reckons he'll beat WWE within 6 months. the man has sniffed and smoked all of his money away, i'd laugh at any investor he managed to rope in.

The speculative news of TNA's sale has been reported by several sources over the last week. In all honesty, Jake has one of the greatest minds in wrestling. His drug-demons were his undoing. I firmly believe that any promotion would do well to consult his counsel. Frankly, I'm disappointed that WWE has not.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 04:38:14 AM »
There i no value in WWE buying TNA..for what? videos of Sting and Kurt Angle? A Magnus DVD??

Rumors of buyers are:

Bischoff
Jarrett
Entertainment star with ties to industry

My guess....Shane McMahon and Jim Ross to stick it to good Ole vince

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 05:40:33 AM »
There i no value in WWE buying TNA..for what? videos of Sting and Kurt Angle? A Magnus DVD??

Rumors of buyers are:

Bischoff
Jarrett
Entertainment star with ties to industry

My guess....Shane McMahon and Jim Ross to stick it to good Ole vince

Please, not Bischoff...or Bischoff/Hogan. TNA would complete its current WCW voyage.

Didn't the Jarrett's own it originally?

Shane as CEO, Ross as commentator and head of talent relations, Jake as booker, Brother Love as producer. THAT would make for an interesting formula!

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 05:42:58 AM »
Jakes mind was absolutely one of the best, but even though he's now clean dont you think decades of substance abuse could have a profoundly negative effect on how he sees things? As a performer he was amongst the all time elite, the absolute cream or wrestling, but those days are long gone. Really saddened me, broke my heart to see him on Beyond the Mat.

Perhaps, if Shane & JR do make an appearance, it will actually be a well disguised move by Vince to buy the company without anyone really knowing its him! Offer the market some legitimacy in regards to competition but keep the control of power under his thumb.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 05:59:45 AM »
I doubt that the old man would want TNA for any reason other than to satisfy his ego.

Years ago, Jack Nicholson expressed interest in starting a promotion with Jim Carrey, Shaun Penn and several others. If it is someone from outside the business who buys the company, I hope they will at least appoint people from the industry to run it. That was one of Turner's biggest problems.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 08:15:53 AM »
According to wrestlezone.com, Brett Buchanan of AlternativeNation.net, spoke to a "second hand source" and can confirm Billy Corgan's intent to purchase TNA Wrestling, stating that the buy-out may even be a "done deal".

I have heard from a second hand source who is close to a key figure in the rumored TNA Wrestling sales discussions who has verified that Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan is far along in his talks to purchase the company. This source went as far to say that he believes it is a “done deal” that Corgan will buy TNA, though the source didn’t know what percentage Corgan will be purchasing or the specifics of the deal. The source also says that Corgan has recently made a connection to somebody very wealthy, though it is not known if this party would have anything to do with the deal.

Right now the entire TNA situation is a lot of speculation and rumor. Janice Carter, Panda Energy executive and Dixie Carter's mother, even came out with a statement given to all TNA employees, denying that the company is for sale.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 08:49:12 AM »
I say we form a corporation and buy it.  It would be great!

Who is the guy they are advertising as Dixie's nephew?  I caught a glimpse the other night and haven't watched in a while/

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 11:00:55 AM »

;D

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »
I think the old man wants to buy it. just to say he is wrestling and because it will be a huge ego boost to him ..to show up coming promotions that they wont last.. eliminating competion ..
what's a couple of million for Vince ..
His wife Linda spent over $50 million on a stupid election  :-\

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 11:43:02 AM »
His wife Linda spent over $50 million on a stupid election  :-\

Twice! Estimated total cost is $100 million but he couldnt give a shit - he's raking in serious money with the constant increase in WWE's share value and has a few hundred million more to spend should he see fit.

As fans i think we DEMAND competition to keep things interesting - but ive said before i would also love to see a TNA invasion on WWE. Keep TNA as a marketable brand by having them win the first 12 months or so of give and take battling, they could use an angle whereby the ex-WWE employees are leading the hostilities against their old boss. Whatever happens it is imperative that TNA survives.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 05:26:29 PM »
Twice! Estimated total cost is $100 million but he couldnt give a shit - he's raking in serious money with the constant increase in WWE's share value and has a few hundred million more to spend should he see fit.

As fans i think we DEMAND competition to keep things interesting - but ive said before i would also love to see a TNA invasion on WWE. Keep TNA as a marketable brand by having them win the first 12 months or so of give and take battling, they could use an angle whereby the ex-WWE employees are leading the hostilities against their old boss. Whatever happens it is imperative that TNA survives.

Never happen.  I could see vince buying it just for the talent and then bringing them out one by one and taking a dump on them. 

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 06:44:40 PM »
Vince would start the TNA kiss my ass club  ;D

billytwolips

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 09:09:10 PM »
Vince would start the TNA kiss my ass club  ;D

That'd be too PG-13 for him nowadays!

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »
tna has to stay,when wcw got bought by vince it ruined wrestling.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 04:05:15 PM »
tna has to stay,when wcw got bought by vince it ruined wrestling.

^^Agree!

Vince was at his best when he had DIRECT competition in the form of another competing wrestling organization. As it stands, I honestly don't consider TNA "competition." Their product is nowhere close to being in the same ballpark as WWE.

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 05:20:38 PM »
Vince is the only game in town. The boys worked Carter.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 04:55:13 AM »
Is it the Billy Corrigan from the Smashing Pumpkins?  If so he was a regular at the old ECW shows and a huge fan of that style.  He could have some entertainment connections to make it interesting.   

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 06:09:02 AM »
Is it the Billy Corrigan from the Smashing Pumpkins?  If so he was a regular at the old ECW shows and a huge fan of that style.  He could have some entertainment connections to make it interesting.   

Yes, that Billy Corrigan. I still remember some of the shows he appeared on. I loved that time in wrestling!

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 02:10:13 PM »
if so tna could easily be pushed in the ecw style,they have the talent to do that.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »
if so tna could easily be pushed in the ecw style,they have the talent to do that.

It will be very difficult to recreate the magic of the original ECW. After its demise, countless Indy promotions adopted the "hardcore" style thinking they could be the "next" ECW. So far, none have succeeded.

That said, I would be watching every week if the real ECW was still on TV. I wish some network would rebroadcast every televised show and event, in order, from the promotion's inception. Instead, we'll probably get another Shawn Michaels documentary.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »
Wait for wwe network .. they will show ecw some how..
the old man/ Vince owns the tapes / ecw.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »
Wait for wwe network .. they will show ecw some how..
the old man/ Vince owns the tapes / ecw.

I'm skeptical. The old man seems to only push his own "creations." Even with profits at stake, I think the old man is more likely to broadcast a WWF original over something else that was hot, but that he only acquired.