Author Topic: 50% of ALL jobs  (Read 6118 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: 50% of ALL jobs
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2013, 05:57:43 PM »
The jetsons  were set in like 2010. How'd that work out

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2013, 05:59:05 PM »
In the future a robot taxi will pick up QuickerBlade at LAX. Sorry Arce.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2013, 06:38:28 PM »
 :D ;D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »
That half true, most companies saw outsourcing as the way to get the job done at a cheaper price but at a cost. You get what you pay for. Now most companies are slowing down the amount of jobs they throw at India for example bc alot of the outsourced talent just isnt as good. Of course there are exceptional developers in India and other 3rd world countries but they don't represent the masses.

Take the banking industry, alot of banks/brokerage firms want developers who also understand business ( Trading and such) but its hard to find the combo of talented developer + business knowledge.

I read that by 2020, most companies will dramatically lower the amount of jobs they sent overseas

after the 'great recession' most companies learned to run as lean as they possibly can in order to be profitable with lower volume.. I find it hard to believe many businesses could get even leaner than they were in '09/10.

this is capitalism 101.. the only goal is to make money, not give away jobs and money because your company can afford to do it.

i think 'robots' and machines, ect... are a much better idea (i'm always a 'supply-side' guy)... sure, if a robot/machine goes down, it could take a while to get it running/producing again, but you have to weigh the cost of the other expenses that go with having a human (American) doing the job.... labor laws... payroll taxes... healthcare... workers comp.. insurance... lawsuits for a thousand different reasons... humans are liabilities.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »

is that what jeff monsoon spray painted on a capital building?  ;D

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2013, 06:52:11 PM »
after the 'great recession' most companies learned to run as lean as they possibly can in order to be profitable with lower volume.. I find it hard to believe many businesses could get even leaner than they were in '09/10.

this is capitalism 101.. the only goal is to make money, not give away jobs and money because your company can afford to do it.

i think 'robots' and machines, ect... are a much better idea (i'm always a 'supply-side' guy)... sure, if a robot/machine goes down, it could take a while to get it running/producing again, but you have to weigh the cost of the other expenses that go with having a human (American) doing the job.... labor laws... payroll taxes... healthcare... workers comp.. insurance... lawsuits for a thousand different reasons... humans are liabilities.
very true about company's figuring out how to run lean. If I get 30% more out of each employee I can afford to cut 10% of them. They also figured out its cheaper to pay OT then to hire another full time, this will be even more true now that health care cost has doubled for them

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 06:54:22 PM »

Why robots?

The entire premise behind Globalization is to remove the impediments so capital can find cheap labor.

And cheap labor is renewable and infinite.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 06:59:03 PM »
 ;)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2013, 07:01:46 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2013, 07:04:46 PM »

Any one read Russian?

ganero76

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2013, 07:05:57 PM »

Any one read Russian?
You're posting way too much today. Maybe log off for a while?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2013, 07:07:35 PM »
  Why are you posting?

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2013, 07:17:14 PM »

i totally understand why this is done economically- i am only referring to Parkers comment on outsourcing bc I have seen first hand where outsourcing can work against you ( in certain areas) I am only discussing outsourcing in IT, in manufacturing there is no argument where a company SHOULD employ an american vs sending those jobs overseas
getbig or getgot

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2013, 07:18:08 PM »
  I have been gone all day.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2013, 07:21:54 PM »
i totally understand why this is done economically- i am only referring to Parkers comment on outsourcing bc I have seen first hand where outsourcing can work against you ( in certain areas) I am only discussing outsourcing in IT, in manufacturing there is no argument where a company SHOULD employ an american vs sending those jobs overseas

ahh.. I think I quoted u but was also responding to an earlier comment.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2013, 07:28:20 PM »

Any one read Russian?
1 flag of anarchy

2 policy to overthrow or do away with government

3 portray of jeffs views on capitalism,something like that

4 label "k" representing kimurawear,s sponsor anf frend of jeff

5 girl fighting capitalism,representig the "proles" int he fight against the upper class.

oh, my eyes hurt now from the small letters :-X

but its safe to say this jeff guy is at least a communist sympatizer ;D
n

ganero76

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2013, 07:40:28 PM »
  Why are you posting?
We're turning this place back into a bodybuilding forum. Start looking elsewhere.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2013, 07:51:02 PM »
the local news just said, that 50% of ALL jobs, will be LOST (done by robots, computers, etc) in 10 years

what say you all?

If by robots you mean repressed cheap labor (Indians, Chinese, et cetera.)... yes, that is the case.

I wonder what the governments are going to do though... that many people unemployed and pissed...

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2013, 08:14:54 PM »
thanks gal! the girl looks like cosette from les miserables!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »
no problemo arce, i can do the rest later or tomorow

on the topic, robots dont ask for paid holidays, they dont need cigarete breaks,lunch breaks, no pension, no health insurance.

and pensions, i am not so sure if the "die hard" full out capitalists here or anywhere(btw,if youre not considerably in the 1% already, you do not profit from unregulated "free" markets)realize what this means.

this means the pension funds will come from uhm, lets see?out of the anushole? ???

ppl get older, but wont have work, no pension funds, i see a bit a problem coming here.

there was a time when inventing new stuff was considered an economic revolution ,and fought hard by the ones with the outdated technologies, this went as far as killing the inventors and burning thier houses etc.these days thats done with less violence.

times change,most ppl who been 20 50years ago,dont understand the world today anymore.

im sure ppl who are 30 today will not recognize the world anymore in 40years.

we can hope to have smart population and good representative governments and hope for the best.

reading some universtity professors books,left and right will give rough idea about where society is going.

damn, recently i saw self pay machines in grocery shop.

this is just one example of some jobs gone.sure some ppl have developed those machines etc, but the net result will be less emplyed people.if that werent the case,it wouldnt make capitalist sense,would it :)
n

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2013, 05:29:44 AM »
They are trying their damndest to try to computerize my job. Luckily they will never be able to. Even when they do make a computer that is able to process as fast as the brain they would still be even MORE decades off trying to get that implemented just to assist us. Yay.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2013, 06:50:38 AM »
They are trying their damndest to try to computerize my job. Luckily they will never be able to. Even when they do make a computer that is able to process as fast as the brain they would still be even MORE decades off trying to get that implemented just to assist us. Yay.
i seen other ppl say the same, by now their job is gone lol
n

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2013, 06:56:13 AM »
This is of some benefit to those of us self employed.
Cant wait till the day i can send a robot out to do my job while i lay around and watch daytime telly.